Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,691 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US (24458 Views)

Entry-level Administrative Assistants At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) / Entry-level Jobs At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) - 12 October, 2015 / Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC) Graduate Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 21, 2013
A PricewaterhouseCoopers associate auditor has become the latest disgruntled employee to have her biting farewell email — complete with a Britney Spears vs. Beyoncé rant — go viral.

Online business and accounting tabloid GoingConcern published the entire email, written by a woman identified as Glory, earlier this month, calling its author a "failed PwC auditor" who's great at burning bridges.
This week, Gawker also published the diatribe, expressing appreciation for its liberal use of hashtags such as #noneofyourbeeswax and #fakeconvosforfakeauditors.
The email begins normally, with the author announcing she's leaving.

"After careful consideration, I will be ending my employment with PwC effective Monday, November 11th."

But the email's tone quickly flies out of the business-appropriate zone and into tear-down-your-colleagues territory.

"Auditing is a job for people who truly don't have any other options and don't know what else they could be doing. You work day in and day out pulling useless documentation and filling out useless workpapers that won't really benefit anybody. All of it is BS!"

She goes on to say auditors are often "fake" and calls auditing a "useless, meaningless career" before getting personal. She treats each of her team members to tidbits of advice, from minding their business to shutting up about their cats.

Finally, she lists 10 reasons why Beyoncé is better than Britney Spears, including:

"Beyonce can sing and dance live without lip singing and do it well. She doesn't need autotune or a background track to make her the Queen. All she needs is a mic, some heels, and her fabulous Brazilian and Malaysian wig to swing around. Can't say the same for Britt. Sorry girl!"

It's unclear why Beyoncé factors into the decision to end her auditing career, but the list certainly caps off the email memorably.
The website Noir CPA published an audio clip of Glory answering some questions about what she was thinking when she sent a nasty email to her colleagues and quit. She says she has no regrets.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/auditor-sends-amazing-quit-email-181645316.html
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 21, 2013
The Email:

Date: 11/06/2013 10:44 AM
Subject: Farewell and QUEEN BEY ALL DAY!
Hello XXXXXX Team,
After careful consideration, I will be ending my employment with PwC effective Monday, November 11th.
I’ve done two audit internships, one at Deloitte and one at PwC. I hated it then but I thought I’d give it a third try. Third time’s a charm right? GTFOH(If you don’t know what it means Google it!) Basically, my time here as an associate has confirmed everything I already knew ten times over. Auditing is a job for people who truly don’t have any other options and don’t know what else they could be doing. You work day in and day out pulling useless documentation and filling out useless workpapers that won’t really benefit anybody. All of it is BS! After asking dozens upon dozens of auditors what they think of their jobs and getting responses that include “I love my job!” or “I wouldn’t trade it for the world,” I realized just how fake auditors can be.
I strongly believe that auditors hate their lives and try to rationalize every piece of it. “Oh it’s just busy season” or “If everybody did the jobs they loved to do then there would be nobody doing the jobs that need to be done.” Measley excuses to justify pursuing a useless, meaningless career….
Here are some tips and pointers I thought I’d share for all of you to use through out life, you’ll need it. I also throw some tips in there that you can take back to the next XXXXXX Team Meeting or just any meeting where real people’s suggestions can be heard. Maybe a board meeting of some sort with some really important partners, because they’re so important right? (side eye)
I figure I would use the assistance of Twitter hashtags….y’all like those right?
Auditing is for the birds, get a real career that has meaning #dontbeFAKEaboutitbeABOUTit
Those coach and partner “relationships” or “meetings”….whatever you want to call them….Just stop. #thatishissoawkward #icantdeal #soforced #fakeconvosforfakeauditors #noidontwanttogazeintoyoureyesatatablefortwo #waytoointimateformytaste
Let’s keep it real, partners are treated as if they’re royalty. The reality is, THEY’RE NOT! They are average Joe’s like you and I, only their pockets are a little bigger. So, there is no need to wait at the partner’s feet acting like you’ll do any and everything to please them. For what? No need to come in early just to greet the partner on the job. No need to act like you’re such an overachiever by doing all of these unnecessary things. If you’re an overachiever, be a real one..not a phony. No need to wait until the partner leaves during busy season only to leave 20 minutes later. Your time is just as valuable, are the partners God? I don’t think so…#don’tbeasellout #thepartnerisgoinghometoeathisorherwarmsupper #whileyouarefakeauditng #weallknownooneisproductiveafterabout7pm #gohomeandcuddleupwithyourkids #ohandspousestoo #isntthatwhatthepartnersaredoing? #ohwellsIdigress
Trying to get all in people’s business…STOP! Everybody isn’t an open book and I’m not the type to give you my life story within five minutes as a lot of you in public accounting do. #mindyourbusiness #keepthosenoseyquestionstoyourself #noneofyourbeeswax
XXXXXX, you’re fake important and you stink. I’ve peeped your game…constantly trying to throw me under the bus. You talk too much about everyone and how much you’re so stressed out on all of your clients …everyday we suffer from hearing this ish as well as listening to your countless stories about your girlfriend. You’re such a gossiper that sometimes I think you’re more feminine then you appear. Who does that? You’re a grown man, get your life! #somethingtotakebacktomizzy #f*outtahere #yourlifesucksandyouclearlyknowit #somethingtotakebacktotheteam? #chattycathy #femininemuch? #someoneneedstheirvagwaxed #ohwaityoudonthaveone
P.s. XXXXXX, I can give two shits about your animals, maids, brother, etc. Is your life really that boring? Never seen people so in love with animals in life. #ewwnotcomingovertoyourplace #probsmellslikefecesandthrowup #couchesprobtornup #ohletmeguesstheysleepinyourbed #absolutelydisgusting | Get some friends to tell your business to. #ohwaitdrakesaidnonewfriends #maybeyouneedjesusinstead #yourvisionofyourselfisskewed #takeyourselfdownacoupleofnotches #youhavenotarrivedimsorry #crownforthequeenbey #ohandbythewaycelinedioncannottouchbey #beyhivebitches
XXXXXX, I saw you yesterday giving me the side eye. I think those eyeballs need some readjusting. Girl, stop! Don’t play into XXXXXX’s episodes. Just because both of you feel the need to give your whole life story doesn’t mean other people will feel that way. Have your own opinions and ideas. #I’msorrybutnotsorry #dontbeafollower #thoseeyeballswerestaringtoohardforcomfort #goodluckonyourmiserablecrapofacareeratpwc #saygoodbyetoyoursociallife #butifyoudecidetoleaveyoucantwerkoutwiththerestofus #twerkmileymileytwerk
XXXXXX, where do I start? You hate yourself and your job, let’s be honest. Your cat doesn’t care about you so stop caring about it. Stories about your nasty cat are unbearable. Seriously, I can’t even deal. Beyond gross! You’re fake ratchet! I hear you giving weird remarks that are borderline weird….I can definitely hear the twang in your voice. Just be you! Most of all, these are the top 10 reasons Baddie Bey(Beyonce) will kill Britney Spears (she’s a has been) any day.
Beyonce can sing and dance live without lip singing and do it well. She doesn’t need autotune or a background track to make her the Queen. All she needs is a mic, some heels, and her fabulous Brazilian and Malaysian wig to swing around. Can’t say the same for Britt. Sorry girl!
Beyonce has much more class.
Beyonce’s music transcends culture. Britt….uh….well, that stopped a few world tours ago.
Beyonce has continued to get better and better over time. Her vocals are stronger than ever. Not to mention, after popping out Baby Blue she was back at it. She didn’t get all washed up and boring like Britt did.
Beyonce is on some presidential ish. Didn’t you watch President Obama and First Lady Michelle’s first dance? Or the inauguration performance? Haven’t you kept up with the Let’s Move campaign (Bey and First Lady Michelle’s initiative to solve the epidemic of childhood obesity? ) Well, Bey has been on! Britt has stayed in the shadows. #sorrybutnotsorry #getyourlife
Beyonce killed the Superbowl half time show solo dolo. Britt and NSYNC did that back in the 90s…but that was the 90s…and she wasn’t solo dolo…so Bey wins!
Beyonce can dance her butt off. She has rythym. Britt used to be able to …but she is stiff now. I’m sorry..
Beyonce has stage presence. I don’t think you know what that is but you can Google it. It’s basically something Britt doesn’t have.
Beyonce is the QUEEN. She is the best performer alive. Bottom line, no gimmicks!
Beyonce wins and now that I’m out of here, I win too!!! #doingtheharlemshakeasitype

http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-11-19/meet-glory-the-woman-who-wrote-the-most-infamous-beyonce-inspired-i-quit-email-youll-ever-read/

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Interview with Employee:

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS2mQEybFCM[/flash]
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by bumdish: 3:42am On Nov 21, 2013
This is a classic deliverance case

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Olucheye(m): 5:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Wow! Just Wow!

She Doesn't strike me in anyway as a core auditor in anyway! She's more into the real world of the hippy, swag ladies than her job.
Someome please tell her, the culture of business excellence doesn't give room for folks who are easily swayed around by 'Worldly Trends"

Auditing jobs may not be as fun as the super-bowl halftime show, but its a beautiful career to be in.

BOTTOMLINE: This is one hell of a 'b*tch-ass" resignation letter! She should write an application letter to Hov's morden day Monalisa and let's see if you get hired as one of her publicists. Anyways, i still personally think Beyonce is over-rated though...but her sex scandal free career makes it debateable.

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by ednut1(m): 5:42am On Nov 21, 2013
The same pwC wey dey hustle enta, she dey craze o, nut case
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Tuntheycr7: 6:30am On Nov 21, 2013
ednut1: The same pwC wey dey hustle enta, she dey craze o, nut case
Abi o. Sharareporters shud just hired her ASAP.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 21, 2013
Drake said no new friends so i guess u need jesus. #Dt was classic

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by rman: 6:35am On Nov 21, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin

This is what happens when people do what they are not really passionate about. I'm certain she aced the recruitment process of the auditing firms she has worked with so far.
Most times the conventional selection process is not the best way to recruit staff. She has no business being an auditor in the first place.

A lot of people are in corporate world with similar bottled up emotions.

Methinks she is on her way to discovering what she really wants to do with her life. She just wrote a letter, others may shoot or physically abuse those colleagues and bosses.

As childish as her ranting may seem, she raised some valid points and a smart organisation can learn a thing or two from it and act appropriately. Her complaints about " eye service ", and bosses that can't see beyond their nose are very common trends.

I will suggest she finds her way into the music business as a judge or analyst, I think she will feel more at home there.

22 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by yuzedo: 6:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Nah, stop this mate! Nah!! Give us a more plausible joke. Stop fam! Oh Gawd!! *tears* grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by GeneralJ(m): 7:01am On Nov 21, 2013
NIGERIAN FATHER
KENYAN MOTHER
GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD
NIGERIAN FATHER
KENYAN MOTHER
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by GeneralJ(m): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2013
Which kain mumu be this, you get job, you come write rude letter to boss, God help you, i'm not your boss
now its all weting oyibo dey call "fun and games" by the time rent come now by end of the month, she will realize how stupid the idea was.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Articul8(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2013
U dnt blame her, she has seen it all. She worked with one of d best auditing firms in d world. Wα̲̅†̥ else? All na vanity. Mayb she wnts to strt d gospel now.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by demelza: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2013
LMFAO!!!! grin
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Mami went in!
I do agree with her Beyonce facts tho.
#Beysus
#Beyhive
#BeySlaysYourFave!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2013
A whole generation lost to twitter and mtv

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2013
e no go beta for d people wey do her dis kind tin!
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by demelza: 7:47am On Nov 21, 2013
oyb: A whole generation lost to twitter and mtv
grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by lovat(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
Plz let nobody quote this article cos its too long.
To the topic: she just sold herself to a new career in PR
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by homesteady(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
This letter has just made my day grin grin LMAO! Very funny girl grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by nduchucks: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2013
Nigerians typically micromanage the educational and professional choices of their children, all in the name of the best interest of the children. While these parents mean well, they don't know when to let go, and let the children make their own choices. One of the outcomes of this behaviour is what we see in this lady's actions. Lets hope parents and potential parents learn from this. It is the children's lives, you have to let them make their own choices at some point in time.

I wish this lady the best of luck and hope she realizes that she is one of the lucky people who have taken the bull by the horns and taken control of their careers by doing what they love and enjoy. Sadly many people will be stuck in careers they neither have much interest in, enjoy, or love.

Young lady, if you are a NLer, send me an email and I will hook you up with some friends who can get you involved in the lecture/speech circuit in the USA. You can travel all over the country giving speeches about your experiences while getting paid handsomely, without any a negative impact on whatever your current career path is.

Dalu nwanyi maramma.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 21, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You go girl,!!!!! I salute this babes rawness and courage.
Some employers deserve this........ All those saddist and terrorists who call themselves employers!!

Btw.... She nova job-hunt before, and she probably has lots of silver spoons someplace.
And my, she is very pretty!

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by AjanleKoko: 8:57am On Nov 21, 2013
This one na teen meltdown grin

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by excell12go(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2013
She's got guts. Some employers really deserve that.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:25am On Nov 21, 2013
The girl fine oooo

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
ndu_chucks: Nigerians typically micromanage the educational and professional choices of their children, all in the name of the best interest of the children. While these parents mean well, they don't know when to let go, and let the children make their own choices. One of the outcomes of this behaviour is what we see in this lady's actions. Lets hope parents and potential parents learn from this. It is the children's lives, you have to let them make their own choices at some point in time.

I wish this lady the best of luck and hope she realizes that she is one of the lucky people who have taken the bull by the horns and taken control of their careers by doing what they love and enjoy. Sadly many people will be stuck in careers they neither have much interest in, enjoy, or love.

Young lady, if you are a NLer, send me an email and I will hook you up with some friends who can get you involved in the lecture/speech circuit in the USA. You can travel all over the country giving speeches about your experiences while getting paid handsomely, without any a negative impact on whatever your current career path is.

Dalu nwanyi maramma.

ermm . . .she quit not to do what she loves - she just quit

as to lectures about her experinces - to be a motivational speaker - you have to convey an image of success and affluence - she has no success to speak of

boosterism for beyonce is not a career.

sounds like the gal must have spent ll her time at work arguing beyonce vs britney

Farewell and QUEEN BEY ALL DAY!
the beyonce she keeps hyping has a mad work ethic. Glory sems to think that doing what you love is all there is to it. no matter how much you love what you do, there are days when it will be hard.

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Fkforyou(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2013
Damn this lady is realy pissed off cheesy....hope say she get connection very well cos many employers would be scared of hiring her make she no stroke dem too....
By the way it's lip-synching not lip-singing make I look for her trouble small.....cheesy
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by pickabeau1: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2013
very unprofessional...

Bad attitude...

That firm has been responsible for developing captains of industry globally

I see another kim wannabe
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by nduchucks: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
oyb:

ermm . . .she quit not to do what she loves - she just quit.

If you listened to her interview, your judgement may be different. I suspect you are an old coot who misunderstands the twitter generation. cheesy
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by eHustler(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
PwC wey me I dey hustle to enta na im she dey useless like dis......abeg make dem carry me replace am joor!

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by AjanleKoko: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If you listened to her interview, your judgement may be different. I suspect you are an old coot who misunderstands the twitter generation. cheesy

And you I suppose are a young coot grin
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

And you I suppose are a young coot grin

Dude is prolly older than me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Recruitment Batch 25: Names Of Successful Candidates Released / Stanbic IBTC Just Called For Aptitude Test. / Nampak Nigeria Limited Latest Recruitment 2017 – 4 Vacant Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.