Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba (1412 Views)

30 Brilliant African Tech Startups / $500 Million Fund Started To Support Nigerian Tech Startups / Here R 40 African Tech Startups Dat R Being Viewed 4 Acquisition By Tech Giants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by unofficialapple: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by Ajibel(m): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2013
The writer highlighted all the advantages of being in Yaba, buh didn't suggest alternative. I know that beside Yaba, V.I is another fav choice buh it isn't suitable for start-ups. Only for established companies cuz of the high cost of living.

Besides, Lagos seems congested buh there isn't anyother state IMPO that can play a good host to being a start-up hub
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by Javanian: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
All he is saying is that your young start up must not have a physical environment, and he has a point. I would always prefer to work from the comfort of my bedroom.
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by Ajibel(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Javanian: All he is saying is that your young start up must not have a physical environment, and he has a point.

oh shocked they shouldn't So they should then have a spiritual or unpythonic one
In Economics, I was taught the importance of 'Localization of Industries'. When young start-ups are concentrated in an area, there is the advantage of having the ff being sighted around them: venture capitalist firms, banks, CS schools, security etc... If they don't stay in a 'physical environment', how would they get access to these benefits Why did Zuck n co. leave Havard to Palo Alto? Its cuz they want to be close to the start
-up concentrations and enjoy the above listed benefits. So having a physical environment is IMPORTANT

I would always prefer to work from the comfort of my bedroom.

[b]Yea, u will if you don't intend expanding or having a big start-up cuz I don't see how you might want to co-work with someone from the javanic comfort of your bedroom undecided[b]

Buh the point of the writer was that Yaba is an unsuitable place for start-ups to be. I'm not sure he said it's not important to have a physical location.
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by aitoehigie: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ajibel:

Buh the point of the writer was that Yaba is an unsuitable place for start-ups to be. I'm not sure he said it's not important to have a physical location.

Can you please read the post again? I don't have anything against yaba, I said no startup should move to yaba or anywhere at all. Read the post with the concept of remote work at the back of your mind.
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
aitoehigie:

Can you please read the post again? I don't have anything against yaba, I said no startup should move to yaba or anywhere at all. Read the post with the concept of remote work at the back of your mind.

I 100% concur, am sure we would ave met, remi from Efiko the fair dude, anyway the traffic is hell, and the worse part was police keeps disturbing me about my laptop and the whole stress from bus to cchub and back. these days its remote working, there's Skype for Meetings, Git for collaboration and dropbox for sharing contents. maybe once in a while to go to CChub to catch up with friends and all.
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by aitoehigie: 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
pc guru:

I 100% concur, am sure we would ave met, remi from Efiko the fair dude, anyway the traffic is hell, and the worse part was police keeps disturbing me about my laptop and the whole stress from bus to cchub and back. these days its remote working, there's Skype for Meetings, Git for collaboration and dropbox for sharing contents. maybe once in a while to go to CChub to catch up with friends and all.
Thank you. At least you read the article. The thing is that people are still getting it wrong, I have nothing against going to cchub, or yaba. Don't move to yaba could have been anything like "don't move to maiduguri". In the knowledge and creative industry we are in, no one really needs an office to get work done. Let's consider working remotely. I would give anything to have a home office and work remotely but alas.
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by curiouslad(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Why Tech Startups In Lagos Should Not Move To Yaba by aitoehigie: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
valid

(1) (Reply)

Php Experts Please Help Me Out Here / Cyberlink Powerdvd Free Download Full Version For Windows / Moat Academy: Celebrating Two Years Of Raising Remarkable Software Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.