Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? (1230 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Picking Vegetables From Her Garden (Photo) / Filth And Garbage In The Garden City - What Is Happening To Portharcourt? / Professor Traces Biblical Eden To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? by creamkele(m): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2008
Hey guys, well my friends and I were discussing the usual about Nigeria and how bad it is and how the problems of this nation can be solve etc… and then sudden something clicked in my head and I asked; if God put Adam and Eve In the garden of Eden and it was here on earth then where is the Garden of Eden now?

Well a friend of mine said Nigeria. His reason was this; if you really look at the countries of this world and check for the one with abundance, then u will come to conclusion that it should be Nigeria. Nairalanders what do you think? For me I agree with him
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? by ajadrage: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2008
Well, I don't know about the country being the location where the garden of eden was located, but I do know that the landmass where the boarders of modern day Nigeria covers is one of the most blessed regions of the entire earth. Infact the land has been embarrassed with blessings and abundance more so with the peoples that make up the nation, from the proud and brave guys in the north, the strong hardworking men in the east, the west that possess a people rich in culture and traditions akin to their counterparts in benin, as well as the vibrant folks down south.

Atimes, one begins to wonder, that even with the space that the nation encompasses, from the savannah, boundaries of the great sahara to the gulf of guinea, the bight of benin down towards the southern coast of Africa, this huge landmass which is regarded as the giant of Africa (if only by sheer size in people at least), there is no great fault along the segment of the earths crust on which it is located and thus we have no threat of earthquakes, it is free from either active or inactive volcanoes, and the continental shelf more or less acts as a shield against serious ocean currents and strong wind surges which cause tsunamis and hurricanes etc.

Sadly, it is not free from wicked people, and it is this wicked ones, as minuscule in number that they are that are perpetually at work to undermine the benefits that should have accrued to a people blessed with such bountious gift by the creator. This wicked in positions of authority seek to stifle the yearnings of the people, selfishly wanting to corner all the resources for themselves and their progenies, irrespective of the common man in the streets. While most of their kids revel in prime western style education, the people cannot even train their own kids in our public schools.

This is why instead of thinking up ideas to immediately begin to mitigate the pangs of disjointed society and misrule, they are busy embarrassing themselves at the UN with a bill that cannot even pass it's readings on the domestic scene.

I feel a confidence building feeling when I observe most guys talking about an emergent Nigeria, a Nigeria based on the people, the real people that is, not those "phantom" ones who the politicians claim put them there, soon the wicked shall be no more. We can make the country a garden again, just the way it was meant to be and I believe that Nigeria would be a part of some global garden paradise though, and all the earth would be like the garden of Eden, just as the father willed it. . . smiley

The garden of Eden for now is in our hearts and in our heads, but it needs our individual actions to manifest, we should always do the right, we should always insist on our rights as it is our property as citizens of the Nigerian state. We must not shy away from injustice,if we look the other way when an injustice is being done, others will look the other way if injustice is done to us. The Nigeria we dream would only remain a dream if we do not take positive action, even if not for our own sakes, what about the sakes of the young ones who have no idea where their fate as the oppressed is leading them. All men are created equal, class should not be used to practice a segregated society in a land that all possess an equal stake. If cumulatively, we learn to do the right things, we would be on our way to expunging this anomaly from our common psyche.

This is the first decade since independence that a coup'd'etat has not occured, the people of Nigeria that were involved in the struggle for democracy over the past half century are still the same people that together now yearns for a garden of Nigeria, together as a people, we can make this be. . .
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? by Ibime(m): 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2008
Turkey, I believe.

The land of Ur where Abraham originated is also in Turkey.

The original men in the Bible were centred around Turkey and Iraq.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? by creamkele(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2008
@Ajadrage

Man u are really good. u just explained in details why Nigeria is the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve lived. Nigeria a country with blessings and abundance but yet with nothing. I think it's because the snakes have increase in numbers and they are destroying it by the minute.

I honestly think we need a great change, a revolusion in this country.

@Ibime

Well i do not agree with u. The bible wasn't centred around Turkey and Iraq alone, they had the Persians who are now the Iranians,Egpyt, Cyprus, and so many countries in the middle-east and north africa.

Generally the bible never specified where the Garden of Eden was and country or city close to it but a place of blessings and abundance.

So let's do the research, which countries has the highest mineral and natural resources? and is also free from natural disaster too?
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? by tpia: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2008
creamkele: are you starting a new religion?

Looking at Nigeria with your two physical eyes, and not the imaginary third one- which part of the country resembles a garden of Eden?
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? by creamkele(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2008
tpia:

creamkele: are you starting a new religion?

Looking at Nigeria with your two physical eyes, and not the imaginary third one- which part of the country resembles a garden of Eden?

I know the situation of the country; so tell me if it isn't Nigeria then which country is it? U.S.A?

(1) (Reply)

Global Recession And Africa / Nigeria And Scottish Currency / Deep Corruption In British Airways.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.