Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Just Imagine, Please Reason It Out For Me. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Just Imagine, Please Reason It Out For Me. (778 Views)

Can You Imagine This? / What A Fvck!!!....can U Imagine (photo) / Imagine You Were This Dog (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Imagine, Please Reason It Out For Me. by classicEntity(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
(Don't Mind My Profile, Name nd Present Location withheld due 2 Tribal E-war)
I'm seriously confused, imagine o, one day as I was walkin along a certain street close 2 mine, one girl 'my neighbour's house help' to b precise ran nd met me ''brother gudevnin'' she said nd I replied 'yeah gudevnin' she further said (wearin a sadden facial expression) ''brother pls I need ur help bt I dnt knw if u might b willing to help me, so I smiled nd said ''dependin on d kind of help (evn if na sex), jst tel me am listening'' she said ''brother pls help me, I want 2 go back 2 my village, I dnt lik d way my aunty nd evribdy nd my house ar treatin me, al I nid 4rm u is jst transport money that wil take me 2 my village nd dats all' at first I was shocked, many tots ran tru my mind, then I said ''na wa o, bt y dnt u tel ur aunty dat u dnt wnt 2 stay again nd dat u wn2 go?'' she said ''she's goin to beat me nd perhaps not lemme go anywia, dats y I want 2 go witout der consent, pls help me'' so I said 2 her 'this is gona b a huge commitment or problm 4 me if dey find out dat I aided u, dnt u tink they wil find out?' she replied 'Noo ! They wont find out, hw cn they? wen I wil already b in my village if u give me d transport money'' then I told ha '' young girl u knw wat, am abt goin 2 smwia nw as u cn see nd dis is nt wat we r goin b discussin along d road, jst meet me 2mao mornin or aftanun in my house, since 2day is almost gone, nd we wil discus dis issue vry wel ok?'' she said (silently, thou sad) ''ok brother, til den bye''. Mehn !' I said to my self dis might b vry hard 4 me 2 decide o, I tink I wil hv 2 consult my frnds secretly. So after evri consultation nd tins lik dat directly or indirectly .Some adviced me 2 tel ha aunty ha plans, bt I tot dat wil worsen ha case nd she might hate me 4eva, while som also said I shud jst f**k ha nd dash ha d money to go ha way bt Som wise ones adviced me not to help her at all, dat I shud jst liv her nd her family alone, dat if I shud help ha nw dat one day it must surely cast nd I'l b accused of hvin secret reltnshp wit d gal to d extent of givn ha money to run away. Hmmm, so I quickly made my decision to stay off ha sight nd avoid ha 4 som tim nw, of wich I did. Then sudden 2 days latter, wen I woke up one morning, I heard a lil noise in d nxt flat (their flat actually), nd thus it wz d gal's aunty dat wz beatin nd scoldin ha nd she wz seriously cryin 'aunty pls na, aunty pls na' then I came out in our front nd I listend attentivly, d aunty said 'infact I'l kil u 2day, wait am comin' then suddenly she (d house help) opened d door of their house nd ran away, d aunty came out nd called ha name bt she wz seriously runin as if a dog wz afta ha, lest I 4got d aunty wz evn pregnant, so she sent ha own younger sis afta d gal, she said to ha ''go nd get dat girl 4 me, shout so dat ppl cn evn help u do dat nd jst bring ha hia dnt tok 2 anybdy'' bt b4 d younger sis cud com down d gal wz already out of sight, so I secretly went bk insyd my room nd til 2day d gal hv nt been found nd they dnt evn act as if smtin happnd in their home, normal daily biznes wz stil goin on evn witout d house help. Now I feel kinda guilty; firstly 4 nt helpin ha excute ha plans, because she might b in d hands of bad ppl wit serious bad intensions against ha, secondly, 4 nt teln ha ppl ha alredy prepared plans evn if I may b accused of somtin else, or b hated by d gal, thou d fear of ha aunty is d beginin of 'mind ur biznes' evn wen we are d landlord of d home. I wud hv reported 2 a human right organization bt der's none I cn c around hia, u knw naija nw, such organizations only show up wen d worst has happnd, bt Pls notwitstanding I need u guys opinion, so as 2 bring me out of my confused state.
Re: Just Imagine, Please Reason It Out For Me. by houstonia(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
You did the right thing as not to aid her escape, as you stated "It might come back to you". Right now I think you'd just have to carry out your own private search for information on her whereabout, as for her aunt, Infact i have nothing to say, but one day I believe child labour would come to a halt in this country of ours.

As you remain disturbed, just use that as an opportunity to search for her, not really like putting in all your time and energy but when you are less busy. Because there is a possibility that she's still in that town or have made her way to her village.

1 Like

Re: Just Imagine, Please Reason It Out For Me. by timsbee(f): 2:52am On Nov 22, 2013
Just remain calm 4 nw, u dnt av any cause 2 blame urself.
Re: Just Imagine, Please Reason It Out For Me. by EfemenaXY: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2013
@OP, I won't mince my words in telling you that I think you're partly to blame here.

When a fellow human being comes to you for help, the least you can do is listen attentively and suggest solutions - even if you don't have the money to help. We all know how many women abuse the househelps in their care. They are treated as less than humans. For this young girl to have met you the way she did was a sign of her desperation. You promised to give ear to her problem the following day, but you backed out.

I always believe in giving people the benefit of doubt. If you could have afforded it, then you should have given her the transportation money to go back home to her people. IF that money was used for something else, then it'll be on her conscience, not yours - but as you can see, her cry for help was genuine.

It's painful seeing an opportunity to help and you let it pass and that was immature of you. The people who advised you - especially the one asking you to take advantage of her for sex was downright wrong and immature too.

Well, she's run off and there's nothing more you can do, except pray for her safe return or that she finds her way safely back home. Why would you want to go out searching for her now (and risk exposing yourself), when you could have helped her the easier way when the chance presented itself to you?

I hope you rest easy with the choices you've made. Just remember that, that girl could just have easily been your sister, cousin or female member of your family seeking help in dire times.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Nigerian Girl Remains Happy- attorney Kendryck Etutu (USA) / Free The joystick Protest Coming Soon / My Son’s Emergence, Fulfilment Of Prophecy Foretold – Father Of Ooni-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.