Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! (9835 Views)

Lack Of Electricity Supply In Lakowe-bogije Axes Of Ibeju Lekki, Lagos State / Kaduna Youths Block Roads, Protest 10-month Power Outage / RE: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju Lekki) For 5 Months. (The Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
funny enough my office is located at kajola, in between lakowe and bogije. there has been no light for over 3 months now. when i asked a nepa staff around that area. they said its because of some upgrade of Electrical installation and high tension wires they are running presently thats responsible for the power outage currently experienced. though we and other people around my office have not been served any nepa bill so far. alot of business around dis area have folded up and some people i know have started leaving d area. the cost of running generator everyday when i come to work is mind bugling. even Awoyaya area thats close to us is have steady light. How sad cry cry cry
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Ganazeey: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
It is unfair dat is my area i spent atleast 500 naira everyday on fuel expenses and we have big men in our area dey ve nt luk for solution to it.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by michealade(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
In Ibadan, before u get to oremeji and all oremeji.They v not had electricity since nov.11 2011
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
Christianos: If this is not the right section to post this article, please forgive me.

We have suffered power outage in my area in the last 5 months; I mean it has not even blinked. During this period, we have continued to receive PHCN bills for "light" not used. Businesses have been crippled and robbers now operate freely under the blanket of darkness caused by the power outage.

Considering the reach and influence of this great forum, I am persuaded that someone in good position will read this article and take action.

Mods, please put this on FP, if it's not too much trouble. If the situation improves anytime soon, I'll surely be back here to thank you all.
dude jst relocate 2 p.h
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by 3kay945(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
neneslim: Why im no go save that money 4 fueling cos 2kva no go even cari a duplex wit one a/c. Guy i knw wat am saying cos my inverter batris no last 5mnths.

Your battery is fake or you dont know how to maintain it, mine is running two years now
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by 3kay945(m): 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
aasog1: 1. Go and buy GEJ's rechargeable fan...One cost 10k...I have 2 in my house one for me, one for the children....Heat and PHCN nor go kill person for this country grin grin...The worst thing indeed is paying for darkness. Christ!

Bros, like how many hours will it last before running down. thanks
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by anselm791(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
I say stop paying the bills, what are they going to do? Cut the light?
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by ipasco: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pls rejoice o, The street wher my uncle stays they have not seen light for three years.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by 2rutalk1: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
That is the same way we are gnashing our teeth here in Satellite Town. It is indescribable. Whatever be the cause of it, I believe it is man's inhuman treatment to his fellow man. Why serve monthly bills when you know there is no light? Business men/women are crying, yet the government will tell graduates to create their own jobs in this harsh business environment. It is quite unfortunate.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Christianos: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
benzion72: Why are Nigerian satisfy with anything everybody is comparing their friend power condition and their grandmother village. My advise to the Poster are as follow and to others in the same shoe:
1. As an individual write a letter to all editors of Nigeria daily newspaper detailing your experience email will do
2. Get the name of DISCOS who bought your zone send a mail to them if they have one
3. Send a mail to NERC also
4. Send your complaint to Ruben Abati on twitter too

Thanks, Bro. I'll try at least one of the suggestions you have made. In the interim, if Mr. Reuben Abati visits Nairaland, (and I believe he does), he should kindly help us out of this predicament. Na beg we dey beg o!
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by jaidor: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
This really has been buggling my mind for a while cos I stay in the area too (close to Lakowe)
but I think it will be more reasonable for us to complain now since PHCN has just been privatized. Maybe we all should mobilize ourselves and protest, till there is a change.
Cos if we keep quite now at this early stage of privatization, it might still remain the way it is in years to come...lets seek for the attention of the privatized PHCN now!

I am available a peacful protest.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Stop deceiving yourself.. Its not that bad..

You should rather stop deceiving yourself cos I've lived in Nigeria (Ajegunle Precisely) and i have lived abroad for the past 6 years.

I've not just lived in one country.

I had my B. sc at the University of Nottingham and I'm currently working as a research student and doing my MSc at our sister campus in South East Asia.

I have also been opportuned to visit Ethiopia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Ghana, Benin Republic. And I can categorically tell you that a stray dog have a better quality of life than an average man living in Nigeria.

If you're in doubt, travel and see how Government treat stray dogs compared to how Government treat Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Christianos: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
jaidor: This really has been buggling my mind for a while cos I stay in the area too (close to Lakowe)
but I think it will be more reasonable for us to complain now since PHCN has just been privatized. Maybe we all should mobilize ourselves and protest, till there is a change.
Cos if we keep quite now at this early stage of privatization, it might still remain the way it is in years to come...lets seek for the attention of the privatized PHCN now!

I agree and I also believe that everyone who lives in that axis should start exploiting every legal means of getting attention concerning our plight. If any "Oga at the top" is reading this, kindly offer us an explanation on this matter. Abeeeeg!
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by remsonik(f): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
rudedough:

You should rather stop deceiving yourself cos I've lived in Nigeria (Ajegunle Precisely) and i have lived abroad for the past 6 years.

I've not just lived in one country.

I had my B. sc at the University of Nottingham and I'm currently working as a research student and doing my MSc at our sister campus in South East Asia.

I have also been opportuned to visit Ethiopia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Ghana, Benin Republic. And I can categorically tell you that a stray dog have a better quality of life than an average man living in Nigeria.

If you're in doubt, travel and see how Government treat stray dogs compared to how Government treat Nigerians.
God!!
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Kcfun(m): 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
.....That post is true,we have being in darkness for the past five month now in lakowe,kajola,and bogije of ibeju-lekki area of lagos state due to Incompetent of PHCN.......we are pleding to Gov FASHOLA to step into this action fast as soon as posible.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by demmyluv90(f): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
I wish som1 can be bold enough to do what an old woman in my villa did, she flogged the nepa officials when they wanted to cut their wire after like 2months of nt giving them light.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by ikemobi(m): 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
I live in the same area called bogije is really terrible I spend 1000 every day on fuel a lot of people are fed up of d situation. Just imagine a whole local government without electricity and there are senetors, state house of assemble members living here, I just hope something is done about it soon.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by anthagun: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
jaidor: This really has been buggling my mind for a while cos I stay in the area too (close to Lakowe)

@jaidor, I support your opinion..we should ALL make our feelings known to these people at PHCN via peaceful protest. I beleive that way we will know exactly what is happening from them and not hearing rummors. If no action after peaceful protest, then we escalate our grievances to newspapers and the Governor. Someone should let the govt know that with stable electricity, most problems in Nigeria will be reduced/eradicate.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by anthagun: 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
@(Christianos):

Actually, who is the Councillor for that area. I think people should complain to him/her in the first instance. The Councillor should be the one fighting this anomaly.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by jaidor: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dear nairalanders, I had to come back to this tread again because the situation of electricity has not improved in this area (Lakowe, Bogije etc) since the last time this thread was opened. The more excruciating part is that from mayfair down to awoyaya, shangotedo, abijo, etc to ajah, they has been constant electricity (courtesy of Buhari govt). Is this how tins are going to remain in this area? Is there any hope at all?
Lets talk abt this again fellas. Its high time we act.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by WafiJoe(m): 8:35am On Jan 16, 2021
I am about to move to Bogije, I would like to confirm if there is now light in the area.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Abudu2000(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2023
WafiJoe:
I am about to move to Bogije, I would like to confirm if there is now light in the area.
hope you didn’t try it, would be the worst decision of your life especially with fuel subsidy gone.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Theyoungmaster(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
Is the light situation still bad over there?

Abudu2000:
hope you didn’t try it, would be the worst decision of your life especially with fuel subsidy gone.
Re: Power Outage At Lakowe-Bogije, (Ibeju-Lekki) For 5 Months!!! by Abudu2000(m): 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
Is the light situation still bad over there?

bad is an understatement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trader Moni Still On, To Reach 10 Million Traders - Federal Government / Wike Appeals To Supreme Court To Give Accelerated Hearing To VAT Case / APC Claims Enough Evidence For Anambra Poll's Cancellation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.