Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

How Was Last ICAN November Diet? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Was Last ICAN November Diet? (14509 Views)

ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) / ICAN Intermediate 2013 November Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by ednut1(m): 5:08am On Nov 23, 2013
deniyor: what does 'diet' stand for?
diet means exam, each year there is may diet and nov diet
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by ednut1(m): 5:12am On Nov 23, 2013
Osisinakpo: JustZoe: Good to see this thread. I have
some queations to ask hoping somebody wil
answer me. I want to write ICAN and will
like to know when d registration will start,
how much it will cost, and how many months
it will cost me. Im a graduate. Pls ur urgent
response is appreciated. Thank you.

Just like what my two fellow NL said!
I want to know more about ICAN exam am level. Coz I read Accounting Education with Bsc ed and don't really know how and where to start from ICAN.

I will appreciate if any NL will come throw more light on it. Thank you.

One luv !!!
www.icanig.org/documents/psyllabus.pdf, download dat file, all d info u need is in der

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by JustZoe(m): 5:37am On Nov 23, 2013
ednut1: www.icanig.org/documents/psyllabus.pdf, download dat file, all d info u need is in der

Thank you.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 23, 2013
It is well my brother.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by lolop(m): 6:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Can someone help me with recommended textbook for pe 1 courses my mail is bambech@yahoo.com

Thank you all anticipation
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by prechear(m): 6:38am On Nov 23, 2013
ajanaku2: It feels good being a Chartered Accountant!

I wish you Guys success! E no easy!

No be lie! It really feels good being a Chartered Accountant. Please guys keep burning those mid-night candles. It will eventually pay off one day. It gives you options. You can decide to practice or land a lucrative job hopefully. The job market don tight sha o o. No be joke o o. As an ACA, you can do a lot of things actually. All the best guys...Gabriel ACA
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by rckdude: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2013
gbengress1: Fellow ICAN students, let's hear your view about last November Diet exam.
As for me, my exam centre was Ibadan and I wrote PE 1. The AA and IT was not that friendly..
Let's hear your own side of the story

Thought as much cos i saw a lady crying after AAA. i wrote MA and IT and i think they were ok. The compulsory question in MA was tricky though but i think i will ace it by God's grace.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by rckdude: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2013
La Rochelle: I did mine in UNILAG. The BCRM was crazy. When I saw the questions, I was like shocked. I don't know how an examiner can pack only research questions in multiple choice, and pack communication questions in SAQ. SAQ was not friendly. The theory ehn, I just messed up question 5. The chi square question, I don't know if what I did the correct thing but I rejected the null hypothesis. All in all sha, ICAN should better take time. Na only one paper I write, I have to pass it.

@ PE 1 students, how was your MA? The man that sat beside me did not write anything tangible. No ask me how I take know. He was just staring at his question paper. One of my friends was like we should reserve space for him, that he knows he'd write MA again.

i have a friend that's been writing MA for †ђє past 3 diets, this is his 4th diet, i chose not to ask him cause he doesn't look like he wants to talk about it. The MA was kinda ok now. i also think candidates should study †ђє ICAN packs more, at least for PE1, that i know. Their MCQs and short answer questions were mostly lifted from their packs.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by rckdude: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2013
ickychinky: what r d textbuks for pe1. D ones i can start readin nw

For MA, i think Adeniji would do. But if u want to solve many technical questions then also get Ade Omolehinwa's Workout Management Accounting(that is if u have the luxury of time to read the book). ICAN study pack will be useful too because they bring a lot of questions from it.
IT and AAA requires ICAN study packs, I think that should suffice.
For FA, not too sure about it. But FAMS Vol. 1 would help for the special accounts. Am yet to see any relevant up to date text book on Group Accounts. I'd advice you get notes from tutorial centres and use it for your FA because no single text book comprises all the topics in FA. Less I forget, u also need IFRS materials.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Vitalis13(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2013
I wrote pe 1 fa. I cancelled a lot o! hope I won't be penalised? guys abeg put this mind at rest. and when will d result be out?
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by ednut1(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2013
Vitalis13: I wrote pe 1 fa. I cancelled a lot o! hope I won't be penalised? guys abeg put this mind at rest. and when will d result be out?
1st week jan
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 23, 2013
La Rochelle: I did mine in UNILAG. The BCRM was crazy. When I saw the questions, I was like shocked. I don't know how an examiner can pack only research questions in multiple choice, and pack communication questions in SAQ. SAQ was not friendly. The theory ehn, I just messed up question 5. The chi square question, I don't know if what I did the correct thing but I rejected the null hypothesis. All in all sha, ICAN should better take time. Na only one paper I write, I have to pass it.

@ PE 1 students, how was your MA? The man that sat beside me did not write anything tangible. No ask me how I take know. He was just staring at his question paper. One of my friends was like we should reserve space for him, that he knows he'd write MA again.

ICAN knows that a lot of people are now struggling to be Chatered Accountants. So they are tightening the nuts and the door of entrance to the professional world. God bless Nigeria grin
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by oneil9: 10:00am On Nov 23, 2013
As for me,I wrote mine in Akure,MA and FA, the questions arent too bad for som1 who prepared widely for the exam. PE II on points.[Amen].Cheers.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2013
marvis5077: BCRM was something else. I wrote in benin center. About 80% fresh questions and 20% indirect questions. And when I say fresh questions- I mean as fresh as tomatoes. I know God will no fail me. PE 1 loading wink wink by his Grace I have conquered it.
marvis5077: BCRM was something else. I wrote in benin center. About 80% fresh questions and 20% indirect questions. And when I say fresh questions- I mean as fresh as tomatoes. I know God will no fail me. PE 1 loading wink wink by his Grace I have conquered it.
SAME HERE O.AND D QUESTION 1(REPORT),i was not even sure of what to do Outline,structure . The comm skils in MCQ was too much.like say person dey write ATS 1.
hoping for PE 1 by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by africo13610(m): 10:06am On Nov 23, 2013
plz someone shuld send me audio and pdf material of IFRS hand out...dis is my mail africo007@gmail.com
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 23, 2013
sniperwolf: The BCRM was something else. I was skeptical about that Chi-Square question, I couldn't wahala fathom which data was the observed and expected.

ICAN should just make it clear that they DON'T set questions according to their syllabus
i thought i was the only one that almost cried when i saw the chi-square. this is a topic that i could solve questions on off-hand even in the dream.i believed chi-square will never be a problem but i got the shock of my life in the exam hall. God bless Nigeria grin
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by tonydim: 10:16am On Nov 23, 2013
rckdude:

For MA, i think Adeniji would do. But if u want to solve many technical questions then also get [b]Ade Omolehinwa's [/b]Workout Management Accounting(that is if u have the luxury of time to read the book). ICAN study pack will be useful too because they bring a lot of questions from it.
IT and AAA requires ICAN study packs, I think that should suffice.
For FA, not too sure about it. But [b]FAMS [/b]Vol. 1 would help for the special accounts. Am yet to see any relevant up to date text book on Group Accounts. I'd advice you get notes from tutorial centres and use it for your FA because no single text book comprises all the topics in FA. Less I forget, u also need IFRS materials.
Hope this helps.

where do you find the time to combine all these materials i think the best thing you undoubtedly need to prepare for an ican exam is the study pack and pathfinder especially the pathfinders, then if you have the time which i think most people dont have you can add all the extra stuff you want to add

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2013
I was seriously sweating under a full AC in IBADAN CENTRE while eating my BCRM. It wasn't smiling. After exhausting all my compulsory holiday( ASUU STRIKE) on it. GOD OF SIGNS AND WONDERS MUST DO THIS DIET. Guys, ACA no be beans o

2 Likes

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by tohirah(f): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2013
BCRM (intermediate) was crayyyyy. Mehn, I just did most of the theory question with general knowledge mind.the question on communication and report writing. The SAQ was worse tho. But. I know God won't fail me, in sha Allah.

PE 1 straight. Can't wait for my induction sef

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Gistben: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2013
sniperwolf: The BCRM was something else. I was skeptical about that Chi-Square question, I couldn't wahala fathom which data was the observed and expected.

ICAN should just make it clear that they DON'T set questions according to their syllabus
that question almost though me off balance but i conquerd it bcus of my experience in statistics.mmmmmmmmm
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Osesliberty(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2013
wish u d best frnds, pls frnds i ve b.sc in accounting nd i ve interest in lcan bt wat d cost of evytin 4 lcan exam nd time 4 registratn. Tnx nd God bless
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by gbengress1: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2013
For ppl that meet the criteria, ICAN dey grant scholarship for students that meet d criteria.
By his grace, I am a beneficiary..
Share this info with people that are not aware of it....
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by titilayo02: 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
gbengress1: For ppl that meet the criteria, ICAN dey grant scholarship for students that meet d criteria.
By his grace, I am a beneficiary..
Share this info with people that are not aware of it....
Please what are the criteria.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by gbengress1: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by 2kass(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
please can i pay for exemption and write exam the same year?
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by deniyor: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
tonydim:

hahahahahahaha, good ican meal, with a max of four plates per diet and you wont have another diet till you have finishd all the four meals
grin I saw the word used on the website. Does it stand for an acronym?
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
2kass: please can i pay for exemption and write exam the same year?
sure. But you have to complete your exemption before paying for exam.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by tonydim: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
deniyor:
grin I saw the word used on the website. Does it stand for an acronym?

grin dont think its an acronym for anything. its just the way they choose to call each session of the exam and its conventional now in nigeria
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by rckdude: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
tonydim:

where do you find the time to combine all these materials i think the best thing you undoubtedly need to prepare for an ican exam is the study pack and pathfinder especially the pathfinders, then if you have the time which i think most people dont have you can add all the extra stuff you want to add

If u use ICAN pack to prepare for FA PE1 u go fail ooo. Nigeria no longer uses SAS for preparing FR and that's what u will get from ICAN pack. I agree with u that ICAN pack will be good for AAA and IT but not on MA and FA. U will need to solve as many questions as possible on both papers and ICAN packs won't suffice for them.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by gbengress1: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
rckdude:

If u use ICAN pack to prepare for FA PE1 u go fail ooo. Nigeria no longer uses SAS for preparing FR and that's what u will get from ICAN pack. I agree with u that ICAN pack will be good for AAA and IT but not on MA and FA. U will need to solve as many questions as possible on both papers and ICAN packs won't suffice for them.
I agree with you on FA, MA and IT...but I assure you that only ICAN pack is not enough for AA...
For instance, this just concluded diet, if one have read only ICAN pack, that one na 1 chance oooo (as only few questions came out 4rm the pack)....
U still need other material 4 AA apart 4rm ICAN pack.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by rckdude: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
gbengress1:
I agree with you on FA, MA and IT...but I assure you that only ICAN pack is not enough for AA...
For instance, this just concluded diet, if one have read only ICAN pack, that one na 1 chance oooo (as only few questions came out 4rm the pack)....
U still need other material 4 AA apart 4rm ICAN pack.

Maybe u are right cos I haven't seen this diet's AAA, but what other textbook can one use? Tried Millichamp but the book was just there. Thank God I passed it in May.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six (6) Steps With Which You Can Kick Start Your Career As A Freshman In The Uni / Court Orders MTN To Pay 63 Sacked Staff 4yrs & Post-disengagement Salary / Masters Degree Or Work Experience To Work In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.