Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Draxler Hints At Interest In 'attractive' Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Draxler Hints At Interest In 'attractive' Arsenal (531 Views)

Gotze And Draxler Aren’t Champions Like Tevez, Pirlo And Vidal – Matthaus / Draxler Could Join Juventus For €25 Million - Agent / Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Draxler Hints At Interest In 'attractive' Arsenal by Lakeside247(m): 1:24am On Nov 22, 2013
Julian Draxler has ruled out leaving Schalke in January but hinted at a possible summer transfer to Arsenal.

The Germany international has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, with Manchester United now having joined the race for the 20-year-old's signature.

Draxler, though, has confessed his admiration for the style of football favoured at Arsenal, revealing that he has already spoken to international colleagues Mesut Ozil and Per Mertesacker about life at the Emirates.

"I have always said English teams are very big clubs and Arsenal is of course one of them," the attacking midfielder is quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror.

"Of course I sometimes speak to Mesut or Per about the team, about the club, and they always have good words and they tell me nice things.

"You never know what happens in the summer but Arsenal is a very, very nice team. They always have very young players, they play attractive football and that's what I like."

It has even been claimed that Draxler could end up in England as soon as January but, with the World Cup looming, he is dead against the idea of changing clubs midway through the season.

"No way. I won't switch then," he contined. "It's very important for me to play nearly every game.

"For my club I have the chance to play nearly every game; it’s important for me to improve myself.

"I've said every summer I have to look what is the best for me and I will do in the summer again and we will see what happens."

Draxler featured as a substitute in Germany's 1-0 friendly success over England at Wembley on Tuesday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/11/21/4421619/draxler-hints-at-interest-in-attractive-arsenal?ICID=OP

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Asks Nairaland For Help! / FIFA Announces Ballon D'or Finalists / NFF Shortlists Amodu, Oliseh Toreplace Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.