Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,326 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202633 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
shockedshockedshocked
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: shockedshockedshocked

werrin happen?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
toideve:

werrin happen?
[size=18pt] ASUU strike continue [/size]
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=18pt] ASUU strike continue [/size]
lmao...funny dailypost journalist grin. Completely decieved nairaland chiefz. #lol
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
smithutomi: lmao...funny dailypost journalist grin. Completely decieved nairaland chiefz. #lol
[size=18pt] na tvc own pain me pass [/size]
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=18pt] na tvc own pain me pass [/size]
no vex bros...na so nigeria tinz dey be.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olalekan1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
The decision to call off the strike must have been reached by ASUU while official statement is yet to be made due to may be other issues. An internal source must have leaked their decision to the media before concluding on other issues. By my own analysis, it has been agreed by ASUU members to call off the strike but official statement is been delayed due to other contending issues.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
smithutomi: no vex bros...na so nigeria tinz dey be.
[size=18pt] chaii[/size]
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
olalekan1: The decision to call off the strike must have been reached by ASUU while official statement is yet to be made due to may be other issues. An internal source must have leaked their decision to the media before concluding on other issues. By my own analysis, it has been agreed by ASUU members to call off the strike but official statement is been delayed due to other contending issues.
lol...hw re u so sure of all dese info. Every time an internal source. sad . Guy abeg I am waiting for authentic info. Dailypost and TVC v fooled mi enuf for today.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Anuoluwap(m): 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
ASUU STRIKE HAS NOT BEEN CALLED OFF
Reports reaching PREMIUM TIMES
from Minna, Niger State, indicates
that the National Executive
Committee, NEC, meeting of the
Academic Staff Union of
Universities, ASUU, which
commenced at about 11 a.m.
Monday was still ongoing at 8:25
p.m.
Journalists present also reported
that there was an incident at the
venue of the meeting, the Senate
building of the Federal University
of Technology, Minna, when
officials of the FUT Minna branch
of ASUU reportedly manhandled
journalists who converged to
cover the proceedings.
A witness said the branch
chairman of the union, Abdulfatai
Jimoh, ordered all reporters to be
walked out because they were
not invited to the meeting. It
took the intervention of the
University’s Information Officer,
Lydia Legbo, to get Mr. Jimoh to
allow reporters back into the
arena.
ASUU is expected to call off its
over five month old strike at the
end of Monday’s NEC meeting.
An official at the NEC meeting
informed PREMIUM TIMES that
ASUU is yet to take a decision on
the strike, adding that the NEC
took a long time discussing how
best to immortalise late Festus
Iyayi, who died in an accident in
Kogi state on his way to attend
ASUU NEC meeting in Kano last
month.
“The strike is the last on the
agenda as we are currently
discussing what is to be done to
immortalize the late Professor
Festus Iyayi,” our source said. https://www.nairaland.com/1558118/ASUU-strike-not-been-called
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/151573
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
Who I wan begin dey swear for sef. Shey na ASUU,FG, TVC,BLOGGERS,my Bbm contacts,and the nairalanders for this thread wey dey spread mumu news. *carries laptop,throws it at the TV*#vexed
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
Who I wan begin dey swear for sef. Shey na ASUU,FG, TVC,BLOGGERS,my Bbm contacts,and the nairalanders for this thread wey dey spread mumu news. *carries laptop,throws it at the TV*#vexed
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
*[size=18pt]faints [/size]*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by fweshyboi(m): 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
ASUU wanna make sure they also do 13hrs meeting so another proposal would be telling goodluck that they also have had their own longest ever NEC meeting
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: *[size=18pt]faints [/size]*
*pulls down zipper and pisses on your face* you don wake?

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
kolidave: *pulls down zipper and pisses on your face* you don wake?
[size=18pt] opens one eye and faint again*[/size]

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=18pt] opens one eye and faint again*[/size]
na mouth you for open. *rolls up sleeves to start giving fynestboi slaps to wake him up*
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=18pt] ASUU strike continue [/size]

strike is over jor!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
amlos007: I rep eksu o in case any better.
Oh...I represent EKSU a PhD student..in CSE department. Anyway EKSU is a stronghold of ASUU . The zonal coordinator for Ilorin Zone is a lecturer in EKSU; Dr Ayan therefore there cannot be any better until everything is resolved at the national level. At least we are sure that it will be this week.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Spacodinho(m): 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=18pt] opens one eye and faint again*[/size]
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
keep deceiving yourself na...Carry bag dey waka back to skl na
toideve:

strike is over jor!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
KingMEXX: keep deceiving yourself na...Carry bag dey waka back to skl na

Who wants to go back to school this December? not me undecided
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
Dis ASUU ppl are really begging to be killed which foolish meeting are dey holding since 11am dey shld not just try my patience
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by meracool(m): 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
ASUU President Should Announce that the Strike is Called Off .. if their NEC meeting brings up another Demand then I don't know who will meet that........
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by meracool(m): 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Weeks Ago ASUU said if Government does the Needful the Strike would be called off within 24hours..... But Now we Are Not even sure what's Going on in their.. speculated NEC Meeting..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Alenkakent(m): 12:37am On Dec 17, 2013
I spread a rumor sha
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Kiingsolomon(f): 1:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Haha, since d first prediction failed....den let me predict also...

ASUU strike will be called off before this thread reaches page 900. cheesy cheesy

Fynestboi, abeg ryt it down!grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 17, 2013
ASUU ends NEC meeting.

To announce decision by noon today.

Source - Channels TV.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kavey10(m): 5:48am On Dec 17, 2013
oluafolabi: ASUU ends NEC meeting.

To announce decision by noon today.

Source - Channels TV.

What are these old men dragging their foot for? This demi-god status they show us in school has been brought to the NEC of ASUU(na even them sef constitute am). Feeling fly on NOTHING but SHAME!

P.S: Guys, don't be surprised that when we resume, you'll be hearing stories of increased aggression on this nasty(majority) people. The hatred against this ASUU peeps has reached its peak.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 17, 2013
There are strong indications that the strike embarked on
by the Academic Staff Union of Universities since July 1,
will be called off today.
Feelers from a meeting by the National Executive
Council of ASUU held at the Federal University of
Technology, Minna, Niger State on Monday indicated
this.
Though no official of the union was ready to confirm
this, a source, who attended the meeting, said members of
the union’s negotiating team had agreed to call off the
strike.
According to the source, the National President of the
union, Dr. Nasir Fagge, will address members of the
press today at noon where he is likely going to announce
the suspension of the strike.
The source spoke to one of our correspondents at
12.50am today.
But before then another source at the meeting had
confided in one of our correspondents as of 10pm that the
NEC members comprising all the branch chairmen of
ASUU and zonal coordinators were still deliberating on
the issue.
The source said, “The meeting is still ongoing. No
decision has been reached, but an official position of the
union would be issued by the President the moment we
are through with the meeting.”
The leadership of the union had last week after a meeting
with the Federal Government representatives in Abuja,
promised to end the strikewithin a week.
This came after the Federal Government provided
evidence that it had domiciled N200bn in the Central
Bank of Nigeria for the provision of infrastructure in the
nation’s public universities among other sundry issues.
Meanwhile, journalists who gathered at the venue to
cover the outcome of the meeting were harassed by some
ASUU officials who called them unprintable names.
In fact, one of the ASUU officials was heard shouting,
“Who invited these silly people here?”
The Chairman, ASUU, FUT, Minna, Dr. Abdulfatai
Jimoh, particularly assaulted the Daily Trust
Correspondent, Aliyu Hamagan.
Jimoh had earlier thought Hamagan was a member of the
union and invited him to come closer. He then asked,
“Who brought this silly people inside? What are they
doing here?”
Hamagan quickly responded by saying, “I am one of the
people you are calling silly. I will not have you insult us
like that.”
Abdulfatai on finding out that he was speaking with a
journalist pushed Hamagan and asked him to leave the
premises saying that, “You people are intruding, we did
not invite you, get out of this place now.”
The meeting started about 11:30am.

Source:punchng.com
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 5:54am On Dec 17, 2013
dailytrust and tvc thanks 4 yesterday

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.