Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next (10635 Views)

Pls Wat Should I Do? I've Been Compelled Into A Serious Oath / Cisa Exam - Passport To Success / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 20, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm tryin to take my career to the next level. I've passed the CISA exam and i'm tryin to decide the next best exam to write. I'm currently considering either writing CIA (Certified Internal Auditor exam), CISSP or maybe a Microsoft, Cisco or Oracle exams.

Would like recommendations on the best course of action to take which would benefit me most as an Information Systems Auditor in naija.

suggestions are welcome.

NB. I currently work as an IT auditor in an audit firm.
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Jeezy: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2010
bruv i have passed the cisa exam also, looking to work in IT audit. i also have taken MCSE and just took the CISSP exam yesterday. My question is how did you get into IT Audit in NaijaI dont seem to be making any headway. considering that you made this post like 2 years ago, if u get this, pls pm me on cob2007@yahoo
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 19, 2010
congrats bruv. Good to know you passed the exam.

I'll send you an email later today.

cheers.
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by flooow: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2010
@ jeezy, U can get into IT audit in consulting firms like KPMG and PwC. KPMG has an IT Advisory unit which is basically IT audit. Its called System and Process Assurance in PwC.

Hope this helps.
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by ObamaUS: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2010
why not try SSCE and JAMB?The will put u on the next pedestal,

i wonder when u guys will start making money, life is not all about reading but applying ur sense to create jobs and not just to be reading like CHIKE OBI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Jeezy: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2010
@ Flooow: Thanks, i have sent an application to KPMG. I'll try PWC now. Considering the large amounts of mail the probably recieve daily, i hope they read it. Thanks for your input though.

@ Petermania. Thanks. I saw your mail sent you a reply.
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 28, 2010
Wishing you all the best man. Be rest assured, KPMG and PWC will get back to you if they find your CV interesting.

Just be prepared to answer questions on your work experience as in IT Auditor, cos if you have none they might most likely want to consider you as an entry level staff, (i'm not sure bout this just making assumptions).

You can also try other banks, cos any respectable bank should have an IT Audit/Security unit.

wishing you all the best.
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by webbaba: 2:03am On Aug 28, 2010
Hi petermania and jeez

In my own case I passed CISA, certificated and passed CISM but wish to work in a career appropriate place, can you advise, or can I get a list of those firms that will be willing to take me up but I love IT auditing or IT security management.

Just meaningfull assistance will be appreciated.

Send to ria110306@hotmail.com ( if necessary)
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2010
congrats webabba.

you can try applying to bank's or any of the professional services firms, i.e Akintola Williams Deloitte, KPMG professional services or PWC.

if i may ask do you have any work experience as per IS Audit or Info Sec?, it'll come in very handy.

wishing you all the best.
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by mikkyphp(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2010
@OP
this is 2 years down the line from your initial post. do you care to tell the house what you did next; in essence what other exam you took between then and now, how it's affected you with respect to your job and advice/regrets,
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by acolyte(f): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2011
HAVE YOU BEEN DREAMING OF GETTING POPULAR CERTIFICATIONS IN INFORMATION SECURITY eg CISA, CISM [certified information systems manager], CISSP [certified information systems and security professional] and CEH [certified ethical hacker] , BUT LACK BOTH THE TIME AND MONEY TO OPT FOR POPULAR INSTITUTES WHICH USUALLY CHARGE UP TO #150,000 [1000 USD OR MORE] OR MORE FOR EACH OF THESE PROGRAMMES,.?THEN, WHAT YOU NEED IS A SYSTEM TAILORED TO SUIT BOTH YOUR TIME AND BUDGET IN A MANNER AS CONVENIENT AS POSSIBLE; AND IF AM RIGHT, THEN YOU NEED TO SEE THIS NOW
www.binarysecurity..com
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by pioneer: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2014
For your CISA/ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by nitrogen(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
@OP
this is 5 years down the line from your initial post. do you care to tell the house what you did next; in essence what other exam you took between then and now, how it's affected you with respect to your job and advice/regrets,
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Serpil: 9:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
Passed the ISACA's CISA Certification Exam and here are some advices that helped me pass the exam. Try to learn from any video course provider for CISA. Personally I did use CBT Nuggets. They are good and short. You can complete their Video Course for 12 hours. I did run the video course for 4 weekends in a month.

Additionally you should practice with the Exam Prep's there are a lot and pretty much all are the same. Personally I did use an app from app store called CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor - Exam Prep. It is very convenient and practical to have the practice exam in your hands at all time "I was literally practicing even when I went to the toilet" the benefits of technology.

You should be able to pass after all of this. I hope this was helpful enough.

Serpil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 27, 2014
i just enrolled with niit for the cisa course to write the exam in december tho i missed my first class. pls feed me on info i will need ememo at live dot com
Serpil: Passed the ISACA's CISA Certification Exam and here are some advices that helped me pass the exam. Try to learn from any video course provider for CISA. Personally I did use CBT Nuggets. They are good and short. You can complete their Video Course for 12 hours. I did run the video course for 4 weekends in a month.

Additionally you should practice with the Exam Prep's there are a lot and pretty much all are the same. Personally I did use an app from app store called CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor - Exam Prep. It is very convenient and practical to have the practice exam in your hands at all time "I was literally practicing even when I went to the toilet" the benefits of technology.

You should be able to pass after all of this. I hope this was helpful enough.

Serpil
Re: I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next by houseoftuition: 1:02am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team

(1) (Reply)

Nurses Forum / Computer Forensics In Nigeria - Is It Recognized? / Student Raps Resume At Career Fair (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.