Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

GEJ & CRA: Sheath Your Swords - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & CRA: Sheath Your Swords (568 Views)

IGBOs Sheathe your Swords. / ‘sheathe Your Swords, Maintain The Status Quo’, Obasanjo Tells PDP Factions / Borno Imbroglio: Boko Haram Gives Condition To Sheath Sword (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ & CRA: Sheath Your Swords by saintneo(m): 9:54am On Nov 22, 2013
For the past one hour I've been listening to a radio program on Rhythm 93.7 Port Harcourt; CRA(Rivers Governor) with the FUNKY4.

CRA is an absolute gentleman with the drive to move Rivers State forward despite all financial, political and resources challenges. He is a man of the people and he is a defender of his right and the people's right. He is a 'righteous' man as well. He gives respect and honour to whom it is due. He is a progressive.

GEJ is facing his challenges as well and he battling in all fronts to move Nigeria forward.

Both gentlemen are both graduates of University of Port Harcourt just like me. I have resided in Port Harcourt for most of my adult life despite not being a Rivers person.

I am pleading to both parties to sheath their swords and let Rivers State move forward.
Re: GEJ & CRA: Sheath Your Swords by kel4soft: 11:10am On Nov 22, 2013
I graduated from there too. The problem to me is not between them, but Amaechi against the god-fathers he sidelined in his reign. They want their places back. Look at them: Opara, Nwuche (although he is an ingrate), Glory Eme, Sekibo, Secondus, Lee Maeba and including those who were with him before now. I mean, some of his 1st tenure commissioners including Kingsley Chinda (NASS member now) who came to Church of God Mission, Woji to kneel down for us in 2011 that Amaechi is the best thing that has happened since the invention of slice bread. Wike off course, Boma Iyaye (former sports commsioner), former special duties commisoner and host of others who were with him have all joined all those they sidelined against Amaechi.

Have we forgotten the First lady is an interesting party too. Have we forgotten she wants to control Rivers State as her predecessors did.
Re: GEJ & CRA: Sheath Your Swords by kel4soft: 11:18am On Nov 22, 2013
In his cabinet, he has few seasoned politicians as commissioners presently, the ones that was supposed to doused the tension are now with NASS namely Abe, Dakuku, Adawari, Nwuke, Kpigi and even Kingsley who has joined Wike against him. Even, his utterances against the royal fathers though I fully support when he attacks them (that also is a factor against him now). His ally then, Yaradua is no more offcourse GEJ and Amaechi issues is beyound what we are seeing. Is an ethnic issue between Ikwerre and Ijaw (Land or no land, demolishing water fronts). My dear so many faults between them. No one is exonerated. They can never settle politically. That's all.
Re: GEJ & CRA: Sheath Your Swords by saintneo(m): 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
I doubt if this issue is Ikwerre vs Ijaw issue, this is because lots Ikwerre politicians are against him. I believe one of the issues is the reallocation of oil producing communities to Bayelsa thus reducing the federal allocation for Rivers.

According to CRA, most of the people against him are just interested in benefiting from the government largesse. And they have already worked with him during his first tenure; some of them abandon contracts or ill-executed contracts awarded to them. From what I deduce, these people tend to manipulate the polity via PEJ/GEJ.

I believe every elder statesman in SS should join in resolving this is matter. It is getting beyond an imaginable point. GEJ & CRA should avoid these media bruhaha mostly orchestrated by the SW champions to cause ambiguities.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Under Fire For Nominating “corrupt” Ex-gov. Muazu As PENCOM Boss / Another Four Years For Jonathan? Why? / APC Mulls Kwankwaso/fashola Ticket For 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.