Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III (1506 Views)

Even At My Death, I Will Start World War 3...hitler / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / If There Is World War III How Will Nigeria Defend Itself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by peteregwu(m): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2013
According to a recent news report ,
President Barack Obama has for over
a year secretly conducted
negotiations with Iran (through his
adviser Valerie Jarrett) and the
Geneva talks on Iranian nukes now
appear to be just a facade providing
international legitimacy for Obama's
secret deal with Iran.

Secretary of State John Kerry's
contradictory criticism of Israeli
objections to that deal only suggests
more bad faith by the Obama administration. Kerry claims that Israel has been kept fully apprised of the negotiations with Iran, but then argues that Israel has never seen the terms of the proposed deal with Iran and therefore shouldn't question it.

The Obama administration apparently
wants to present the nuclear deal as
a fait accompli that Israel must simply
accept as is.

In what is becoming a familiar
pattern, Russia is readily moving in
to the Mideast areas
where U.S. influence has waned
because of Obama's many fumbles in
the region. Last August, Saudi Arabia
made it clear that it would happily
replace US aid to Egypt
(highlighting one of many issues
straining U.S. relations with yet
another Mideast ally
).
On the issue of Iranian nukes, France
has effectively replaced the U.S. as
Israel's strongest ally
and as the most sober-minded
advocate of caution when negotiating
over the single greatest threat to
global security. Incredibly, Saudi
Arabia is reportedly replacing the US
in providing logistical support for an
Israeli strike on Iranian nukes
Yaakov Amidror, Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahu’s former national
security adviser, recently indicated
that the Israeli Air Force has been
preparing for a potential strike on
Iran. According to Amidror, such a
strike could set back Iran's nuclear
program “for a very long time
." So Israel can go it alone, if it must,
although the results will be far
messier than those produced by a
stronger U.S. approach.
While the Obama administration has
suggested that critics of the current
Geneva deal are " on a march to war ,"
it is that very deal -- which gives
Iran a nuclear breakout capacity --
that will force the states most
threatened by Iran to take preemptive
military action.

Even if one accepts Obama's apparent
view that decades-long alliances
matter no more than do U.S.
assurances, there are other
compelling reasons for Obama to
reverse his disastrous Iran policy
before its too late. Granting an Iranian
nuclear weapons breakout capability
will produce catastrophic
consequences (many of which Obama
himself acknowledged, in his March
2012 speech ):

1. The Treaty on the Non-
Proliferation of Nuclear
Weapons (NPT) will effectively
be finished. The world's most
volatile region will become
even more explosive as other
regional players scramble to
establish their own nuclear
arsenals to counter Iran's. And
rogue nations will realize that
by following Iran's deceptive
playbook, they too can develop
a nuclear capability.
2. The force of U.N. Security
Council Resolutions will be
further diluted, as Iran will
continue flouting six of them
with impunity.
3. Iran-backed terrorist
organizations -- including
Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and
Hezbollah -- will grow
emboldened by the nuclear
umbrella of their patron.
4. Terrorism could go nuclear,
should Iran share some of its
nuclear materials with the
terrorist groups that it
supports.
5. U.S. influence in the Middle
East will erode even more, as
Obama further damages U.S.
relationships and influence in
the region.
6. U.S. credibility throughout the
world will plummet. If the U.S.
cannot be trusted to provide
strong leadership on the
national security issue of
greatest concern to the free
world, where U.S. interests are
directly at stake, what does
that mean for U.S. credibility
more generally?
7. Global instability and oil prices
will skyrocket. If Israel, with
Saudi assistance, strikes Iran's
nuclear program, the Iranian
retaliation that follows could
spark World War III. Will Iran
attack Saudi oil fields or
otherwise pour more fuel onto
the Sunni-Shia fire in Syria?
Will Iran and Iran-backed
Hezbollah ( estimated to have
at least 45,000 missiles
) launch a massive attack
killing thousands of Israeli
civilians? Will some of the
Syrian chemical weapons held
by Assad (another Iranian ally)
end up hitting Israel? How
would Israel respond? Is this
how Armageddon happens?
8. U.S. interests will be attacked.
Obama may think that his
policy of appeasement will
shield the U.S. from Iranian
reprisals, but the opposite is
true. When the U.S. appears so
weak and ready to abandon
allies (as with Egypt, Israel,
and Saudi Arabia), Iran has
less fear of attacking the U.S.
and more reasons to do so, as
a way to exacerbate U.S.
tensions with Israel.
Will attacking U.S. interests be yet
another Obama "red line" that gets
crossed with impunity? If so, then
whatever is left of U.S. deterrence and
credibility will have been destroyed. If
not, then the U.S. will get sucked into
another Mideast war but on terms
dictated by the adversary, and
without any first-strike advantage.
The catastrophic consequences
outlined above would all directly
result from Obama's disastrously
weak -- but still reversible --
policies on the Iranian nuclear threat.
The Jewish people have a long
memory, and it pervades the thinking
of Israeli civilians and top brass alike.
Thus, Israel's brief history is replete
with daring military operations to
protect its security. In Netanyahu's
speech at the last UN General
Assembly
, in what may have been Israel's final
warning to the world to deal with the
Iranian nuclear threat before Israel
must, the Prime Minister summed up
-- from his personal family history --
the collective experience that guides

Israel on fateful decisions:
"[O]ne cold day in the late 19th
century, my grandfather Nathan and
his younger brother Judah were
standing in a railway station in the
heart of Europe. They were seen by a
group of anti-Semitic hoodlums who
ran towards them waving clubs,
screaming 'Death to the Jews.' My
grandfather shouted to his younger
brother to flee and save himself, and
he then stood alone against the
raging mob to slow it down. They
beat him senseless, they left him for
dead, and before he passed out,
covered in his own blood, he said to
himself 'What a disgrace, what a
disgrace. The descendants of the
Macabees lie in the mud powerless to
defend themselves.' He promised
himself then that if he lived, he would
take his family to the Jewish
homeland and help build a future for
the Jewish people. I stand here today
as Israel's prime minister because my
grandfather kept that promise."

Obama should know by now that if he
forces Israel's hand, then Israel alone
will neutralize the Iranian nuclear
threat, regardless of how messy the
aftermath may be. Netanyahu -- like
any other responsible Israeli leader --
would rather bring about World War III
than the last Israelis.

www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/24261/Default.aspx?hp=readmore

2 Likes

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by immortalcrown(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2013
Almighty God is not asleep.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by peteregwu(m): 11:29am On Nov 22, 2013
immortalcrown: Almighty God is not asleep.

I know that something is about to happen. actually I don't know but I very much know that the rapture of the saints is getting closer than ever. immediately after the rapture, war is certain (the time of desolation).
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by lincolnj88: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
grin iran feeling like a super Power even going to the extent of threatening saudi arabia..pls for peace to reign in d middle east let iran atop dis nuke things because d first world war weapons which russia sold to them is very little to d might of israel..... And to summed it up to avoid israel of releasing d jerico f16 missile dat can wipe out iran in a day having biological and ecological effects.....

1 Like

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
lincolnj88: grin iran feeling like a super Power even going to the extent of threatening saudi arabia..pls for peace to reign in d middle east let iran atop dis nuke things because d first world war weapons which russia sold to them is very little to d might of israel..... And to summed it up to avoid israel of releasing d jerico f16 missile dat can wipe out iran in a day having biological and ecological effects.....

STFU you dumb slaveboy to Israel.

Remind us again why Israel's got the right to keep such weapons and Iran hasn't?

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by stebell(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Verily verily I say unto yu The end is near. Prepare urself for the Lord is coming.

Iran threatening Israel? Then wonders shall never end. One tin l know is dat it is de USA and Britain that is holding Israel back frm striking Iran.
Israel hv done dat b4 to syria, jordan name them. Iran is too small compare to wat Israel faced in 1967 war that 6days war with de Arabs. I think Iran shud consult their historians for vital info.

Well I jus sidon D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ look.
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Olugbenger(m): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Remind us again why Israel's got the right to keep such weapons and Iran hasn't?

Some are not just blind but dumb as well.

3 Likes

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by redsun(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
Obama is more like a civil activist in-charge of the treacherous world politics where the strong traditionally dominates the weak.Where obvious truth is legitimately made to be lie.

It is chaotic.

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by chimex38: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
Most actions of the US are simply tryin 2 neutralize any source or policy dat may try to cause an impendin war not create it.. . Dey should b given kudus 4 dat.
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Smuthx(m): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
President Obama sounds and looks weak and he commands the most powerful army in the world. President Netanyahu looks fierce and strong and commands the most powerful in the middle east. Obama's Appeasement of the iranian regime is not good strategy. Iranian regime thats has anger, hatred, 'death to America, Israel and infedels'. Thats a regime of darkness and death. How do you negotiate or appease darkness and death

1 Like

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by 1025: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
the same story we heard about afghanistan, iraq and north korea. let the world war start yesterday self. if it was bush or his party all these while, iran for don go down. world war, between who and who? all the noise saddam made, he ended up running into a rat hole. his brother gaddafi who claimed that NOTHING DEY HAPPEN went down without a gun shot.
make iran bring that world war.
what many of us do not know is that all these countries have their home breed oppositions that are incapacitated but once they hear any gun shot from an external force, they will show their faces and help erase these wicked evil beasts.
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
I would have taken this thread seriously if I hadnt seen the source.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by freakcin: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Iran can't be trusted with nuclear capability while Israel can.

In your bid to be so liberal you fail to see glaring pointers. Do be informed, Israel had that nuclear capability as far back as the 6 day war and even the war after that, when Egypt retook the area after suez canal. . .

. . . If any of this Arab nation had that capability, nuclear arsenal, what do you think would've been Israel's fate

Think wella b4 u reply ooooh! wink

2 Likes

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Unsurprising usual sabre-rattling from Israel. A criminal, racist country that have enslaved Palestinians in their own homeland - the modern day apartheid. Israel are the single biggest threat to peace in the Middle East. Not until all their neighbours are humiliated to the level of subservient dogs would they broach the issue of peace. Their powerful political lobbying in Washington is the only reason they continue to exist in a land they never had any right to in the first place. I genuinely loathe that country.

2 Likes

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
freakcin:

In your bid to be so liberal you fail to see glaring pointers. Do be informed, Israel had that nuclear capability as far back as the 6 day war and even the war after that, when Egypt retook the area after suez canal. . .

. . . If any of this Arab nation had that capability, nuclear arsenal, what do you think would've been Israel's fate

tell us why Iran can't be trusted, tell us one country Iran has invaded in last 3 decades

1 Like

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
lincolnj88: grin iran feeling like a super Power even going to the extent of threatening saudi arabia..pls for peace to reign in d middle east let iran atop dis nuke things because d first world war weapons which russia sold to them is very little to d might of israel..... And to summed it up to avoid israel of releasing d jerico f16 missile dat can wipe out iran in a day having biological and ecological effects.....
educate yourself bro.
www.nairaland.com/1427971/iran-israel-comparing-military-machines
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
When on a separate thread I said that many Nigerians are unexposed, poorly educated, ignorant and unrefined, someone attacked me.

Well this thread is a prime exhibit.

I bet most posters here didn't even check to see that the source is an Israeli establishment news medium. So obviously, an Israeli perspective will never see anything good about Iran developing nukes because Iran is its biggest strategic rival in that region.

As inhabitants of a separate continent, we should then examine the situation to determine what our perspective should be, and this will lead us to the conclusion that Israel simply wishes to dominate and colonise the Middle East, the way it has dominated and colonised Palestine and turned Palestinians into "immigrants" in their own land.

The logical conclusion will then be that there is absolutely no reason why Iran should not be allowed to possess nuclear weapons when Israel, a violent, imperialist apartheid state has nukes (which for some reason it still officially denies).

But no, not to the Nigerian slaveboys on this forum, oh no no no - all that reading and analysis and research? Hell naw they aint gat no time fo' dat shiiit. So much easier to just regurgitate what a white person has told you is your opinion.

Someone is even saying that "Iran can't be trusted with nuclear weapons" (but obviously Israel can don't you know!), as if the world of international relations is a primary school with the US and Israel as headmaster deciding who can be "trusted" to be class captain or something.

I predicted this years ago, that the direction of Nigerian education (apart from its institutional decay) is turning young people into complete m.orons who just swallow and regurgitate since earning a piece of paper or coming first in an exam are the most important things in life here.
I predicted that we will witness the advent of a generation of robots - programmable humans who are incapable of independent thought and critical analysis who just accept whatever has been fed to them by parents/media/church/the guy at the barbershop; a generation of people who do not know who they are, where they come from or what their place on earth is.

Israel has been sterilising African women as part of its openly stated racial apartheid policy and it has always been a strong opponent of African progress right from time. They even used to try their experimental torture techniques on Blacks in South Africa whose crime was wanting to be free humans in their own country. Try existing as a Black person in Israel and see what becomes of you. But this same Israel can be trusted with nuclear weapons no problem, whereas Iran which is a peaceful and multiethnic country that has never invaded anywhere or practised official apartheid is the country that apparently "cannot be trusted".

And we know this how? Because CNN and Fox News told us so!

Bravo! Let's have a round of applause for ourselves Nigeria! Can't you see that we are so clever and "we no dey carry last"?

Ghastly stuff...

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by IdomaLikita: 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
daz_york: When on a separate thread I said that many Nigerians are unexposed, poorly educated, ignorant and unrefined, someone attacked me.

I bet most posters here didn't even check to see that the source is an Israeli establishment news medium. So obviously, an Israeli perspective will never see anything good about Iran developing nukes because Iran is its biggest strategic rival in that region.

As inhabitants of a separate continent, we should then examine the situation to determine what our perspective should be, and this will lead us to the conclusion that Israel simply wishes to dominate and colonise the Middle East, the way it has dominated and colonised Palestine and turned Palestinians into "immigrants" in their own land.

The logical conclusion will then be that there is absolutely no reason why Iran should not be allowed to possess nuclear weapons when Israel, a violent, imperialist apartheid state has nukes (which for some reason it still officially denies).

But no, not to the Nigerian slaveboys on this forum, oh no no no - all that reading and analysis and research? Hell naw they aint gat no time fo' dat shiiit. So much easier to just regurgitate what a white person has told you is your opinion.

Someone is even saying that "Iran can't be trusted with nuclear weapons" (but obviously Israel can don't you know!), as if the world of international relations is a primary school with the US and Israel as headmaster deciding who can be "trusted" to be class captain or something.

I predicted this years ago, that the direction of Nigerian education (apart from its institutional decay) is turning young people into complete m.orons who just swallow and regurgitate since earning a piece of paper or coming first in an exam are the most important things in life here.
I predicted that we will witness the advent of a generation of robots - programmable humans who are incapable of independent thought and critical analysis who just accept whatever has been fed to them by parents/media/church/the guy at the barbershop; a generation of people who do not know who they are, where they come from or what their place on earth is.

Israel has been sterilising African women as part of its openly stated racial apartheid policy and it has always been a strong opponent of African progress right from time. They even used to try their experimental torture techniques on Blacks in South Africa whose crime was wanting to be free humans in their own country. Try existing as a Black person in Israel and see what becomes of you. But this same Israel can be trusted with nuclear weapons no problem, whereas Iran which is a peaceful and multiethnic country that has never invaded anywhere or practised official apartheid is the country that apparently "cannot be trusted".

Bravo! Let's have a round of applause for ourselves Nigeria! Can't you see that we are so clever and "we no dey carry last"?

Ghastly stuff...

You will Live Long Sir!!!
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
Read the First 5 paragraphs, checked the source, read the comments... disappointed.

Yeah, I'll pass. I'll seek my truth elsewhere.
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
daz_york: When on a separate thread I said that many Nigerians are unexposed, poorly educated, ignorant and unrefined, someone attacked me.

Ghastly stuff...

1,000,000.+ Likes
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by mankand(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2013

Ghastly stuff...

Bro, you have said it all. I think I have no comment to make on this.

As for the Nigerian youths of this generation, I do not blame them, when their mates in other parts of the world are busy picking up their pieces, trying to make something positive out of their lives, our youths are busy looking for luxury without thinking about the source, they have nothing in their head other than flaunting luxury.

Glad the age of blackberry is over

1 Like

Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by isalegan2: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:

They can't answer nau. They have to go check with their master puppeteers.
Re: Obama's Iran Moves Could Start World War III by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
freakcin:

Took this, took that. 6 day this, Suez Canal that...

Have you ever asked yourself what Israel is doing on Palestinian land?

(1) (Reply)

If Jonathan Loses In 2015 Will The Militants Return To The Creeks / Before Boko Haram Acquire Rockets! By Sahara Reporters / Will Be Posting East-West Road, Benin-Ore And Lagos/Ibadan Roads Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.