Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. (4121 Views)

See Two Foreign Musicians Whose Names Sounds Nigerian / Top Five Nigerian Musicians That Took After Their Parents / Three Upcoming Naija Musicians That Will NEVER Blow (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
1. Psquare.

This boys came into the scene with their last nite album with the track "last nite" having a marvin gaye beat sampled (sexual healing), a beat they later used in their temptation album for the song "story". The track "temptation" was also sampled from the UK singer Nathan. "Bizzy body" and "do me" were bitten from kevin little's "turn me on". Also, their dance steps are usher and MJ prototype.

2. Wizkid.

Came in the game singing like sean kingston but later found his own swag. He copied the song "holla at your boy" from an asian singer.

3. Wande coal.

Sings like t-pain.

4. Olamide.

sounds like lil wayne.

5. 9ice.

Wyclef comes to mind.

With so much copy-copy going on, i doubt if naija can really boast of an industry they can call their own when almost all the top shots sound like american musicians, a reason americans wont see much reason to have our acts grace their own songs, only time they star together is when our acts pay huge money to have them feature on a track they later call the remix.
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by homesteady(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
How does olamide sound like lil wayne? undecided
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
homesteady: How does olamide sound like lil wayne? undecided
listen to "eni duro" and also his first album even his video swags.
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Forzap: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
U mean Wande coal sings like T painundecided i guess dats a joke tho grin
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by KELVINXY: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Forza p: U mean Wande coal sings like T painundecided i guess dats a joke tho grin

It's a fact
Even his moves in videos
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by walad4yhu(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
E concern me? Shey dem dey make too much money wit their copy-copy...shikena nao!
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Tolexander: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Banky W-ebute meta, copied rihana's song, umbrella.

Remedies- mi o sako mo copied Michael Jackson's liberian girl beat.
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Dannylux: 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
mtchewwwwww
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by dhebor258: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
Best joke eva..olamide sounds lyk lilwayne!!..u dey burn cow shiiit if u dey listen 2 olamide music?..jez a question thou
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Forzap: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
KELVIN-XY:

It's a fact
Even his moves in videos

hian!!u beta dont say dis outside oo,dem go jest dey laugh u,T pain ke,king of auto tune!!
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
TribalEAST: listen to "eni duro" and also his first album even his video swags.

u dey craze undecided

4 Likes

Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by ajasa4link: 4:05am On Nov 23, 2013
TribalEAST:

1. Psquare.

This boys came into the scene with their last nite album with the track "last nite" having a marvin gaye beat sampled (sexual healing), a beat they later used in their temptation album for the song "story". The track "temptation" was also sampled from the UK singer Nathan. "Bizzy body" and "do me" were bitten from kevin little's "turn me on". Also, their dance steps are usher and MJ prototype.

2. Wizkid.

Came in the game singing like sean kingston but later found his own swag. He copied the song "holla at your boy" from an asian singer.

3. Wande coal.

Sings like t-pain.

4. Olamide.

sounds like lil wayne.

5. 9ice.

Wyclef comes to mind.

With so much copy-copy going on, i doubt if naija can really boast of an industry they can call their own when almost all the top shots sound like american musicians, a reason americans wont see much reason to have our acts grace their own songs, only time they star together is when our acts pay huge money to have them feature on a track they later call the remix.

NONSENSE!

Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by ajasa4link: 4:34am On Nov 23, 2013
1.olamide never sounded like lil wayne at one period or d other,...I bet u never listened to any olamide's song apart from eni duro. and even on eni duro a deaf man knows he was just freestyling and not copying anybody
2. 9ice sounds like wyclef?.... what tha fvck are u smoking over there?.. is it wedding day, street credibility. loni ni, gongo aso,.or alapomeji anthem that sounds like a wyclef song?..huh?
3. wizkid came into the game and sounded like Sean Kingston?... u mean he sounded like Kingston on kel's wa wa alright and also on mi's fast money fast car?.( at least those are his pre-holla at ur boy songs)..what tha fvck once more..
4.wande coal is a t-pain wannabe, like seriously negro?...u mean he sounded like t-pain in the kick, pere, rotate, Jehovah,close to u,etc?... Nna na wa for the kind ear wey u get o..
5. I agree with u on psquare. They sample anything sample-able( if there is any grammar like that)

LAST BULLET: bros don't ever listen to beer parlor talk without enough research and use it to create topic especially on the Nigerian music industry....

1 Like

Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2013
^^^ dude, i guess u only started listening to music.

9ice even admitted he sounds like wyclef on his track "music dadddy", go ask your neighbours.

listen to "holla at ur boy" again and then listen to sean kingston, tell me what you observed.

Olamide, with the auto-tuned "eni duro" sounded like lil wayne, though he doesnt anymore.
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2013
Forza p:

hian!!u beta dont say dis outside oo,dem go jest dey laugh u,T pain ke,king of auto tune!!
and wande coal doent use auto-tune?
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Dannylux: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2013
TribalEAST: ^^^ dude, i guess u only started listening to music.

9ice even admitted he sounds like wyclef on his track "music dadddy", go ask your neighbours.

listen to "holla at ur boy" again and then listen to sean kingston, tell me what you observed.

Olamide, with the auto-tuned "eni duro" sounded like lil wayne, though he doesnt anymore.

That He admitted He sounded like wyclef that's narcissism and that proves nothing grin
They copy beatz but not their voices dammit! angry
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Dannylux:

That He admitted He sounded like wyclef that's narcissism and that proves nothing grin
They copy beatz but not their voices dammit! angry
its either you dont have ears or you dont know who wyclef is.
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by ajasa4link: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
TribalEAST: ^^^ dude, i guess u only started listening to music.

what the fvck are u saying!...music daddy was a track dedicated to wyclef just like almost all artists nowadays pay tribute to fela....so because he dedicated a track to wyclef,that means he copied him.,.,stop this ur baseless arguement cos u cant even prove any of the shiiit u wrote up there
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by ifeoluwa1402(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
U 4 complete am mak u put Sunny Ade nd Don Meon......u just mak we notice u, mission accomplished
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 24, 2013
Wizkid's holla @yo boi track was lifted off the original track done by asian artist SEVEN - I like dem girls.... Wizkid also stole some of the lyrics
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 24, 2013
We cant really say "copied" ...at least not for everyone but some of them really chaneled foreign artistes. As much as i love some o these people...ill write their names and who they sort of chaneled.
M.I - kanye west
Asha - macy gray
Sasha - Eve (epic fail)

1 Like

Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 24, 2013
Olamide is trying too hard to be yoruba lil wayne . Its obvious
Wande coal - t.pain
chuddy k- wande coal
9ice as created his own unique style....9ice is nice
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 24, 2013
Durella used to chanel.d'banj but no more...
Guerilla black -notorious b.i.g
ikechuckwu used to be naija dmx
praise - john legend
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 24, 2013
Tu face - tu face
faze - tu fake
tiwa savage -tiwa savage
sheyi shey - tiwa savage
kel - rasheeda
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 24, 2013
Big bamo - timbaland
ciara - ciara / aaliyah
ill bliss - wack rick ross
chidinma - chidinma
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 24, 2013
Bet ya thot i'd forget dis...

Vector - jay z
tonto dike - fake riri/ fake gaga

1 Like

Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
ajasa4link:
what the fvck are u saying!...music daddy was a track dedicated to wyclef just like almost all artists nowadays pay tribute to fela....so because he dedicated a track to wyclef,that means he copied him.,.,stop this ur baseless arguement cos u cant even prove any of the shiiit u wrote up there
you dont know music. listen to wyclef's voice and 9ice's voice in his first 3 albums.
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by ajasa4link: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
Segeggs: you dont know music. listen to wyclef's voice and 9ice's voice in his first 3 albums.
OK oga p.hd in music, I've done that,but sorry 9ice doesn't sound like wyclef jean I know, perhaps u and the op are referring to a wyclef unknown to us all
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by Peterwizzy: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
what u guys don't know is not all of them intentionally copied them
Re: List Of Naija Musicians That Copied Foreign Musicians. by LJDeal(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
Mtchewwwwww!!!!
Nah because you get work make you sit down dey check copyrights!!! They are busy making money!!! You are busy checking copyrights!!!

(1) (Reply)

Get in here:Funny Pictures This Trend Will Crack You Up updated on 16/1/2017 / Ladies,which Of These Mercy Aigbe's Ankara Blouse Would You Rock??? / See What Nature Did To Dis Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.