Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? (3609 Views)

[OFFICIAL VIDEO] Kay Switch Featuring Olamide & Wizkid For Example (remix) / D'banj's Brother, Kay Switch, In Theft Mess / James(don Jazzy’s Brother)& Kay Switch Of Mo’hits Launch Diesel Delivery Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2013
Both are brothers of the owners of the defunt Mo'hits team D'banj and Don Jazzy. This comparison is called for because these guys are the closest people to the former owners of Mo'hits. It's quit a while since the Mo'hits Record label broke up. We saw Kay Switch and D Prince joining their brothers D'banj and Don Jazzy who set up their own record label db Records and Mavin Records each after the Mo'hits brouhaha which geared so much comments and complains from their loyal fans and critics. Let's take a little look at what Kay Switch and D Prince has achieved after the Mo'hits break up. Let's go...
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Afam4eva(m): 6:30am On Nov 23, 2013
Kayswitch's career has not even kicked off but D'Prince is an A-list artiste in Nigeria with hits to his name.

1 Like

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 23, 2013
Must I comment?
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2013
Kay Switch: He's the younger brother to D'banj who owns and manages db Record label. He has had a couple of songs and hit songs which has had much airplay on Nigerian radio stations and music stations. He hasn't released an album yet since he got signed into db Records by D'banj by he was featured on the DKM compilation album in which he made a lot of impact with his songs and matured lyrics which is one advantage he got. I'm not sure if he has won any music award but he's signed to Sony Music a very big music company in the world which helps in the distribution of music by musicians signed under it and he also got his own record label Produckt Republic under db Records. His hit songs are For Example ft. De Vee and the remix ft. Wizkid and Olamide, Sister Caro ft. D'banj, Oluwa is Involved and Obimo ft D'banj all with videos. He has been featured on a couple of hit tracks in which he made great impacts like Ghetto remix by Shank, Oluwa lo ni Disco by Quest, Cash Flow by D'banj and others. Talking about concerts, he has performed in concerts like the Industry Night with D'banj and Henessy music concert with the likes of D'banj, Burna Boy, Phyno and others. He is definitelty a force to be reckoned with in the music industry of Nigeria and Africa in the future. Also note that he's still putting final touches to his S.C.A.M album which would be dropping later under his record label Produckt Republic and db Records.

1 Like

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2013
D Prince: He's the younger brother of Don Jazzy the biggest music producer in Nigeria who owns Mavin Record label. He has done well after the Mo'hits break up though not to my expectation. He was featured in the Mavin compilation album Solar Plexus where he made a great impact with the only hit track on the album Banana. Talking about endorsements, he has been signed as an MTN ambassador which every musician in Nigeria always yearns for. He has hit songs like Banana, Goody Bag and ... (which one again o! Akpos! You remember any hit track D Prince get again) with videos. He got a unique style of singing which is somehow similar to how D'banj sings. But I believe he should have done better than this even as he has the best producer as a brother at his back. Talking about featuring, I never see any song where a Nigerian artist featured him featured him since he got signed to Mavin. I know he must have performed in various music concerts which I don't know. He hasn't released an album since Mavin was set up but I know he must be setting one up which might hit the market any time soon.

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 6:59am On Nov 23, 2013
To me, I give it up to Kay Switch. He has done and performed better. Who do you think is doing better out of these duo of Kay Switch and D Prince?
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by homesteady(m): 7:23am On Nov 23, 2013
OP you don't need to tell us that you prefer k-switch, because even your write-up says it all!
K-switch only has one hit song - Oluwa is involved! D'prince has banana and goody bag!
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2013
walescounis: Must I comment?
*Kneels down crying and begging* I beg comment so that I go fit reach headline. My mama and papa wan drive me commot from house because e don tay I reach headline for Nairaland.
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2013
homesteady: OP you don't need to tell us that you prefer k-switch, because even your write-up says it all!
K-switch only has one hit song - Oluwa is involved! D'prince has banana and goody bag!
No. You're wrong. Oluwa is involved is not Kay Switch's only hit song. For Example, Sister Caro and Obimo which the video just dropped recently are banging hits. My write up was neutral based on what both artists has achieved since Mo'hits records broke up.

3 Likes

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by ganase2: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2013
@iamsam, wonderful analysis! Without being biased, K-switch has performed (mostly alongside dbanj and some alone) @ some of the biggest concerts in Nigeria, accross africa and other parts of the world after the burning down to ashes of beloved Mohits. Kswitch songs are enjoying good rotation on media stations compared to Dprince (who despite having one of the best producer as brother, it beats me though). I must add that kswitch is working aggressively to stand out as an artiste on his own without being labelled as Dbanj's brother. Let's remove sentiments, as compared to Dprince who has not had any major features, he is faring far better...why won't he anyway when u are with the music business machine and all round Mr Entertainer

1 Like

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2013
ganase2: @iamsam, wonderful analysis! Without being biased, K-switch has performed (mostly alongside dbanj and some alone) @ some of the biggest concerts in Nigeria, accross africa and other parts of the world after the burning down to ashes of beloved Mohits. Kswitch songs are enjoying good rotation on media stations compared to Dprince (who despite having one of the best producer as brother, it beats me though). I must add that kswitch is working aggressively to stand out as an artiste on his own without being labelled as Dbanj's brother. Let's remove sentiments, as compared to Dprince who has not had any major features, he is faring far better...why won't he anyway when u are with the music business machine and all round Mr Entertainer
Thank you very much. You definitely said the truth. I see Kay Switch trying to stand out as an artist of his own not been referred to as D'banj's brother. He's even a better artist in music videos than D Prince. I don't know if you've watched For Example and Obimo music videos. This guy is good.

2 Likes

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by charlesopp(m): 8:58am On Nov 23, 2013
We shld also consider d fact dt dprince career kicked earlier dan k lee's , cos he was already dishin out tracks bak den, while kswitch was only seen on features..kswitch neva had a single until d break up, wen he dished out d smash hit sister caro..buh despite anytn...I tink k lee is doin much beta

1 Like

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Dannylux: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2013
Its unarguably D'prince 

Agree or die? grin grin
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Vivly(f): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Dannylux:
Its unarguably D'prince 

Agree or die? grin grin
Agreed.
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by homesteady(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2013
iamdsam: No. You're wrong. Oluwa is involved is not Kay Switch's only hit song. For Example, Sister Caro and Obimo which the video just dropped recently are banging hits. My write up was neutral based on what both artists has achieved since Mo'hits records broke up.
•Sorry I don't know the songs you mentioned! Is it because he sang sister caro with dbang, that's why you classified it as a hit song?
•Your write up was highly biased! You were quick to remind the audience that he has a top class producer as a brother! What of K-switch, is his brother not one of the biggest artist in Nigeria?
D'prince is more popular than K-switch!

2 Likes

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Dannylux: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Vivly: Agreed.

let them keep arguing while the truth stares at them.
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:38am On Nov 23, 2013
OP D'prince was featured in one up coming artiste song. I can't really remember the name of the artiste or the title of the song but i remember seeing the video on soundcity. As for who is doing better btw kswitch and d'prince i would go for d'prince!
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by jumongpan(f): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2013
homesteady: OP you don't need to tell us that you prefer k-switch, because even your write-up says it all!
Thanks u,exactly my tort. I think the 0P and@Iamdsam re huge fan of dbanj and kayswitch ,cos their analysis says it all,moreover I have not even heard kayswitch songs before unlike Dprice songs ,even the olwua is involve u said is a hit track,I have not heard played,unlike the Goody bag n take banana is hear along the streets n parties,but dis kayswitch songs u mentioned,I never hear am before oh.
Even GIVE IT TO ME by Dprice Feat Dbanj
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by jumongpan(f): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2013
LesbianBoy: OP D'prince was featured in one up coming artiste song. I can't really remember the name of the artiste or the title of the song but i remember seeing the video on soundcity. As for who is doing better btw kswitch and d'prince i would go for d'prince!
Omlowo Noni by Samkelf feat Wizkid ,Dprince and Ice price
Wadup by wizkid feat Dprice
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Forzap: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2013
Definitely d'prince!! Wetin be k-switch undecided
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by alaoeri: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2013
As far as am concern both have not yet arrive but like k-switch line in wande coal's Na who born the maga & Shanks's ghetto remix, Op check ur record very well D'prince got an album Frenzy but kinda wack.
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Afam4eva(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Let's learn to tell ourselves the truth. This is not even a contest. Da Prince as much as people have said he's not talented has released numerous hit tracks which include Omoba, Give it to me, Goody bag and Take bannana. As K switch, the only of his song i know is Oluwa is Involved and that is because i heard someone playing it and i liked it and downloaded it but i don't think i ever heard it being played anywhere before.

2 Likes

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 23, 2013
I will go wit kay-switch....listen 2 d lyrics of obimo u get wht i'm sayin..sista caro nd for example ar clasic tune as well...#kayswitch..

2 Likes

Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 23, 2013
D'prince obviously ! But that sister caro by kay-switch has got some nice beats to it and twerking !!
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2013
alaoeri: As far as am concern both have not yet arrive but like k-switch line in wande coal's Na who born the maga & Shanks's ghetto remix, Op check ur record very well D'prince got an album Frenzy but kinda wack.
Yeah! He got an album during the Mo'hits era. I'm simply refering to their successes after the Mo'hits break up.
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by homesteady(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2013
iamdsam: Yeah! He got an album during the Mo'hits era. I'm simply refering to their successes after the Mo'hits break up.
The frenzy album was released under Mavin records! It came out last year november!
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by RedCard1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
walescounis: Must I comment?
hehehehehe. I wonder o. Well, both can not sing but D'Prince is far more popular and succesful than K Switch. Bottom line,,, D'Prince is doing better. Case closed!
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by benkings(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
pls what is k switch I only know of chanqe over embarassed
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by ifeoluwa1402(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
Baba itz D'Prince, mak d@ k-switch quit go dey drive luxirioous bus........
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by iamdsam: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
homesteady:
The frenzy album was released under Mavin records! It came out last year november!
I would make enquiries about that later.
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Kingblingz(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
Who knw no me Omoba abi dem wan jonz o..give it up 4 D'prince he's got everything..r u a learner@K switch
Re: Kay Switch Or D Prince? Who's Doing Better? by Petersideman(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
iamdsam: D Prince: He's the younger brother of Don Jazzy the biggest music producer in Nigeria who owns Mavin Record label. He has done well after the Mo'hits break up though not to my expectation. He was featured in the Mavin compilation album Solar Plexus where he made a great impact with the only hit track on the album Banana. Talking about endorsements, he has been signed as an MTN ambassador which every musician in Nigeria always yearns for. He has hit songs like Banana, Goody Bag and ... (which one again o! Akpos! You remember any hit track D Prince get again) with videos. He got a unique style of singing which is somehow similar to how D'banj sings. But I believe he should have done better than this even as he has the best producer as a brother at his back. Talking about featuring, I never see any song where a Nigerian artist featured him featured him since he got signed to Mavin. I know he must have performed in various music concerts which I don't know. He hasn't released an album since Mavin was set up but I know he must be setting one up which might hit the market any time soon.

Who says he has nt released an album.. Check well b4 givin ur conclusion..
D'Prince did songs lik 'Birthday ' whch is a cool hit, ' oluwa ni shola.''

(1) (2) (Reply)

A City That Can Travel Around The World(pictures) / Topless Photo From The Set Of A Nollywood Movie (graphic Photo) / Desmond Elliot Loses Hand In Shocking Accident [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.