Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Making Nairaland Better - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Making Nairaland Better (391 Views)

Making Nairaland A Better Place / What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! / Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Nairaland Better by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
I joined Nairaland in sometime around the middle of this year (no thanks to the strike; I'm just not certain of the exact date, and truthfully speaking, I don't have the spark right now to check my profile) and it has been such a wonderful experience; having to read the latest news at a go (be they real or imagined), looking up the many comments that follow each thread.. Everything has just been an awesome experience.. An awesome society with great minds, many funny dudes, just a great deal of fun!

But I was thinking, what can improve about the nairaland community? How can nairaland get better than it already is. So I came up with these few suggestions:

1. Admin-User interaction: So far, especially going by my experience here, the admins have been much to distant from users. I think it will make a lot of sense if steps are taken to achieve interaction between Seun, his team, and we the users. How? I've made up a few possible steps:
- Best posts in the various sections should be acknowledged, and perhaps awards given. This can be done monthly, or quarterly. The admins can come up with the criterion for selection. And the Users contacted.
- Users should be allowed to vote in Mods for the various sections. This is to achieve participation in the operation of the community, and do away with the infamous, and put in the reasonable.

2. On Banning: This perhaps is one of the most talked about operational issue on nairaland. Now, I know what this sanction is to achieve, but when a Mod gives a person a year's ban? I think that makes the whole process a circus. There should be some caution on the ban period given by Mods.

So, there goes, these are some of the things I've been thinking are possible steps towards making the Nairaland community a better place.

What are your own suggestions? I'm sure Seun and his team would like to hear them.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:explosion, Firearound Nnpcbuilding In Abuja / Urgently Needed! / What Was Your Bitter Experiences In Year 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.