Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Can You Look in The Face Of The Grocery Store operator, When Buying On Credit? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Look in The Face Of The Grocery Store operator, When Buying On Credit? (515 Views)

See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics) / 7 Things That Make You Look Like A Cheater(even If You Are Not) / What 3 Qualities Should You Look For In A Prospective Wife/husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Look in The Face Of The Grocery Store operator, When Buying On Credit? by Mrshroud: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
Let me not say it's African culture (seeing as i've not been out of the shores of Naija.), i'ld rather narrow my observation to the typical Nigerian Environment.
Therefore i'ld say it's mostly Nigerian Culture for individuals to turn up at their favourite/local/flagship grocery store and activate their credit facility.
Words like "madan give me 1 tin of milk, bread, chocolate...book me down", or "...i go pay tommorow even when the... 'no credit today, come tommorow' wallpaper is staring vividly at you (you no dey even send the paper).
Of course every Nigerian grocery store operator is respectful and happy with a 'pay as you go' customer especially when he/she buys quality commodities and in bulk.
However these operators, most of the time, seen to frown upon credit requests,
especially when it appears like it's gonna be a recurring decimal.
My freind's dad once upon a time, applied for such credit facility from a nearby grocery store(and it wasn't the first nor second nor third time in two weeks. obviously the store operator -a woman- wasn't smiling, in fact, she was wearing a marvelous frown.
Nevertheless, my freinds dad continued to name items(and they were bulky) in his items request list, with a 'my face nor dey fear your face' tone..(lol).
Apparently, this seemed to have irritated the lady and she gave out a loud sigh of- maybe fustration, and then she let out an intimidating "na wa o", but since she wasn't courageous enough to outrightly turn down baba's request, she didn't succeed in intimidating the 'baba werey' (lol).
Of course he went home with his bounty, and told his funny story.

I've requested items on credit once or twice from a nearby grocery store. And every such-time, i've found myself unable to look in the face of the grocery store operator, because even if the madam was cool, i never failed to suspect she makes faces at me when i turn my back.(lol) silly, isn't it? Well thats me.
So Fellow nairalanders, are you as undaunted as my freinds dad, when using your credit request, or do you look down and act shy when making this cultural request..
Please share your veiws.
Happy sharing!

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Planned Using Me For Money Ritual – Cleric’s Wife / Christmas Hampers / Police Uncover Another Babyfactory, Rescues 16 Pregnantteenage Girls!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.