Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations (19254 Views)

Alleged $2bn Fraud: FG Asks Court To Revoke Dasuki’s Bail / Terrorism: FG Asks Court For Secret trial Of Ndume / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by alphaconde(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
Imagine the space I finally got
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Lukatarule(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sound like a joke but if proper action is taken it wil work.
DAY11.:
Joke section pls undecided
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by PapaBrowne(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
In all the six states of the south south, Okada is totally eliminated as a source of transportation in urban areas. From Benin to Warri to Asaba to Yenagoa to Port Harcourt to Uyo to Calabar.

And most people agree that its been very beneficial. There is a greater sense of sanity and thousands of lives have been saved from the daily occurrence of bike accidents.

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by feda01: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
Not until our politicians stop purchasing okada for people as a campaign tool.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by jamace(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Wetin concern water with Okada? Abi NIWA wants to provide boat transport on land? Na wa for some organisation o?

1 Like

Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Pattey(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Brymo: I know wat dis pple mean,go n buy ur moto.

The same cars that are expected to cost multiples of their old prices as from next year? I think not. . .

Its simply senseless to ban anything WITHOUT alternatives being on ground. In fact, 70% of alternatives should be on ground before placing a ban on anything. That way, the effects won't be 'detrimental' to 'anyone'.

Connecting with the emotions and feelings of the people is key in policy making. Government needs to truly feel the pulse of the people and act to make their 'pulse' beat normally and not explode with High BP.

4 Likes

Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by willyray(m): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
they really are to dangerous
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by dotune(m): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
This country is a joke. Some daft fellows be making unrealistic policies up there. Have u provided jobs for these guys already?, I hope u knw some graduates are doing it to survive. I wonder if God is actually dealing with us through these brainless zombies called FG.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by fowowe411: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
nwanna89: When did Nigeria Inland Waterways Agency become FG? They "recommended" and not "asked". There are some people on nairaland who will see the topic without reading the post, and will then go around saying Goodluck wants to ban okada all around nigeria.

Very misleading IMO
I sincerely doubt if u know the meaning of "governmemt".When you know this I will expantiate on the topic
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by oduaboy1: 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
theoctopus:

Dont be ignorant. Read the article again. The op has duped you guys with his false topic.

On another note: I agree Okada should be phased out as a means of transportation but I frowned at how some state governments, not just Lagos, went about it. For example, in Lagos, Fashola encouraged them bought helmets for them and used them for his campaign, only to ban them after he won. That is completely dishonest and in a more advanced country, he would have been forced to resign. He was a dupe.

Banning okada, just like every other long term policy, must be planned and executed in such a way that everyone will be carried along. That is the real issue
Gej asslicker i wasn't expecting you to say otherwise.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Deiok(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
angry Yes yes yes !!!! Ban trekking......
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by tundebj(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob:

Nigeria must phase out Okada as a means of mass transportation and replace it with Keke Napap.
It is amazing that Okada started in Uyo , Akwa Ibom state before the creation of that state in 1987. Akwa Ibom have since moved on with phased removal of motorcycle as a means of mass transportation as the roads infrastrucure of Uyo improved.

Apart from crime which have been facilitated by okada use, millions of Nigerians are dead today and many are disabled from Okada accidents.Progressive minded state governors had since banned the use of motorcycle taxis in their major cities. Only a few docile and retrogressive governors still permit it in their major cities,as if no better alternatives exist.
Okada should be used as a means of public transportation ONLY in remote villages of Nigeria.
I hope u understand what u ar saying. There ar many graduates among them & there ar some areas bus CANNOT venture into. We stil need okada until d govamint provide brt in all towns nt just cities
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by 9jahubcom(m): 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
no na
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Orikinla(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
I think I have used Okada four times in 4 years.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by lekkie073(m): 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
good debelofment
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
it is not a bad idea but what will these thousands of bike riders fall back on.at least the govt can offer them some incentives like 40k for each biker to give up his bike to govt.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
odua boy: Gej asslicker i wasn't expecting you to say otherwise.

That guys post makes lot of sense, why call him such?
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by hoodedclaw: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
I did post on my blog about this banning thing last week. I support it fully. Can't repost the whole thing here so you can check out my reasons here http://thirdobserver.ml/nigeria-still-needs-a-few-more-bans/ or https://www.nairaland.com/1522501/nigeria-still-needs-few-more
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by NaijaNaWaa: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Where and how did Federal Government (FG) come into this farce?
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by Greatken007(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
OKADA IS NEVER A MEANS OF TRANSPORT...IT SHOULD BE BAN IN ITS ENTIRETY,...ANOTHER OPTION MUST BE PUT IN PLACE,FOR NW KEKE BT WIT TIME KEKE SHOULD ALSO BE PHASED OUT

1 Like

Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by SwitnessA(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ban okada! No qalms. Encourage burglary. Useless tinking piple at d top. angry
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by meforyou1(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
"Council". Which council? FEC? Will the "council" provide states with alternative means of transportion? Like tube, trains, buses, schoolbus, mini buses, good tarred roads, health and social facilities, basic amenities like water and electricity? What has "council" ever done for nigeria than sending poor people back to their villages?

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by ojimbo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
No problem, but i will like nigeria to ban the use of generator too
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by david290(m): 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
It is better this clowns let us know where we're going.parents out of their meagre salary struggles 2 send their wards 2 school only 2 b held in between 2 fools that have been looking like lucozade 4 more than 5 months now with both parties playing us like Fifa football.we finally came out of dis struggle 2 join our brodas and sistas who have long been singing"HE GO BETA"some of us resorted 2 bikes and now some god forsaken bastards are calling 4 d ban of bikes?At this point i'll rest my case cause i know nemesis is about 2 take it up from here.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by littlehooper5: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
WHO IS ADVISING GOATLUCK EGBERE JONADWARF ?
OKONJO IWEALA U DEY MADT
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by emmahoney(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
Banning of Okada would have much more effect on the populace. Gov should know dt is a source of income to many!! That means if it is banned, Nigerian would experience more despicable activities sooner. Gov should not try that oh. Banning of Okada! Banning of Okada!! Banning of okada!! It implies more perils such as resuscitation of militancy, robbery, boko-harraming, more extremists!! Gov be warned. The word is enough.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by afosdan: 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Brimmie: Ds ones dey mad! undecided

Okada: Iwo Road to Mokola: 100naira.. 15mins
Bus: Iwo Road to Mokola: 70Naira.. 30mins.. Plus your shirt go tear and e go dirty!!

Una Dey Mad For Aso-Rock.. Una Dey Mad For State Level!!
i support the motion of ban of okada,that killer of a thing.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by afosdan: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
I support the motion of ban okada,that killer of a thing.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by taharqa: 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
mrvocalprowess: wat do u expect from a man dat eats 1billion yearly? he seems 2 4gt where he started from., -he never had shoes growin!! ban OKada ni, ban keke ko! dis man I tempting me 2 call him *Jonathan*
OLODO.... Stop reading the title of Articles alone; the the entire body along with d title.... Now, go back to the OP and do what I just asked you to do; and tell me if anyone wud be too wrong if they called you a POO....
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by GboyegaD(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
I don't blame them. They know we are gullible and very oppressive set of humans otherwise people will not be in support of such rash decisions. My challenge is that whenever subsidy was reduced on pms last year, FG promised to provide buses to ease transportation. Its almost 2 years and yet no one seems to complain about it.

I am convinced this will be implemented and our BC warlords will in their usual way broadcast silly messages.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by eluquenson(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
Govt should equally provide employment opportunities for them, not just to ban.
Re: FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations by secnelly: 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
I HAVE A DREAM......''THAT ONE DAY IN NIGERIA, IF YOUR CAR VALUE IS NOT UP TO 2MILLION NAIRA, YOU WONT BE ALLOWED TO USE IT ON NIGERIAN ROADS''

ugly RUBBiSH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Parades Boko Haram Spy (photo) / Ganduje: No State Fights Corruption In Nigeria More Than Kano / Nkechi Ikpeazu To Offset Medical Bill Of Abused 10-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.