Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. (460 Views)

North Korea Faces Sanctions From World Powers Over Nuclear Test / Iran And The West Reach Historic Nuclear Deal In Geneva / Who Is World Powers! United State Or China: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Iran retains the right to enrich uranium but not above nuclear fuel level
Israel does not recognize the deal and reserves the right to act on its own, Netanyahu says
The deal includes limitations to prevent the creation of nuclear weapons, Obama says
The deal follows marathon talks that stretched into early Sunday morning
Geneva, Switzerland (CNN)-- The diplomatic gridlock between Iran and the West seemed immovable for decades. But on Sunday, diplomats made history when Iran and six world powers came together on an agreement over Iran's nuclear program.
The deal dials back Iran's ability to work toward a nuclear weapon and at the same time loosens the choke hold of international sanctions on Iran's economy.
The two sides now have six months to find out how historic the breakthrough really is. That's the duration of the preliminary agreement hammered out in Geneva, Switzerland, by Iran and the P5+1 -- the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council plus Germany.
The foreign policy chiefs from the nations making up the group traveled to Geneva from the United States, Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany on Saturday to pound out the last key points of the deal.
Iran has stumbled from one economic crisis to the next under the sanctions, and unemployment currently runs over 24%.
The breathing room is intended to buy Iran and the negotiating powers time to arrive at a more comprehensive agreement. But it represents an opportunity, not a guarantee.
"It's a little too early to break open Champagne bottles and put on the party hats on this one," said Middle East diplomatic expert Aaron David Miller. Its success hinges on whether or not it leads to a bigger agreement to "put Iran's nuclear weapons program to rest."
That the diplomats came to any accord at all represents a momentous budge in a nearly 35-year deadlock marked by distrust, suspicion and open animosity between the United States and Iran, which broke off diplomatic relations after Iran's revolution in 1979. source
Re: 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by olufemi26(m): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by panafrican(m): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2013
If you cannot have a nuclear weapon you can lease it ! grin
Re: 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by chimex38: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Isreal prepare o! Na una b 1st target.. I no trust dese arabian nations.
These people know how 2 get out of control.

US & UN D WORLD SURVIVAL DEY UNA HANDS O!
Re: 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2013
chimex38: Isreal prepare o! Na una b 1st target.. I no trust dese arabian nations.
These people know how 2 get out of control.

US & UN D WORLD SURVIVAL DEY UNA HANDS O!
exactly, they cannot be trusted and That's why Isreal is against this.
Re: 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by hercules07: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2013
Elliotwiz1: exactly, they cannot be trusted and That's why Isreal is against this.

I find it funny that Africans love Israel, the same nation that allied with Apartheid South Africa to invade Angola, if not for Cuba and Castro, SA will still be an apartheid nation till tomorrow. Israel is the US's military base in the ME, nobody is launching any nuclear weapons at them.
Re: 3-decade gridlock broken: iran seals nuclear deal with world powers. by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 26, 2013
hercules07:

I find it funny that Africans love Israel, the same nation that allied with Apartheid South Africa to invade Angola, if not for Cuba and Castro, SA will still be an apartheid nation till tomorrow. Israel is the US's military base in the ME, nobody is launching any nuclear weapons at them.
an enemy of your enemy is better than your enemy. They may not be perfect, but they fight against the greater evil, So i'm forced to stand beside them. BTW it seems this section is dead, why are there two threads on the same topic and the mods have done nothing?? Lol

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News / Nelson Mandela Has Died / Zulu King Denies Igniting Xenophobic Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.