Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea (1431 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Good day peeps, please I would need information on very cheap accomodation in seoul, south korea. Pls anyone with useful info should pls help out or drop ur email address...thanks
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
Mods pls help move this to the front page...I really need this info...thanks in advance
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by chukxie(m): 6:09am On Nov 25, 2013
'Cheap' is a relative term. If you could give us a clear idea of how cheap an accommodation you're looking for someone here might be able to help you. I know rents in Yongsan areas like Itaewon and Haebancheon have gone up astronomically. A decent studio apartment ( one room self contained) can cost as much as 250.000 Won ( $235) per month. Aside from the rent, new tenants are required by their landlords to pay what they call 'key money' of about 5million Won to 10million Won ($4700 to $9400). The money is kept as an insurance so that tenants don't damage their landlord's properties.
At end of-and not before- the agreed lease period that you signed for, the 'key money' would be returned to you if no property was damaged. However, if a property was damaged, the cost of either fixing or replacing it would be deducted from your 'key money'.
As you can see, finding a cheap apartment in Seoul is not going to be easy. But If you know someone there that has a two bedroom apartment, you should arrange with him so you can live with him and pay rent to him. However, If you don't have any friends there, i'd suggest you look towards the outskirts of Seoul for cheap accommodation.
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 8:59am On Nov 26, 2013
chukxie: 'Cheap' is a relative term. If you could give us a clear idea of how cheap an accommodation you're looking for someone here might be able to help you. I know rents in Yongsan areas like Itaewon and Haebancheon have gone up astronomically. A decent studio apartment ( one room self contained) can cost as much as 250.000 Won ( $235) per month. Aside from the rent, new tenants are required by their landlords to pay what they call 'key money' of about 5million Won to 10million Won ($4700 to $9400). The money is kept as an insurance so that tenants don't damage their landlord's properties.
At end of-and not before- the agreed lease period that you signed for, the 'key money' would be returned to you if no property was damaged. However, if a property was damaged, the cost of either fixing or replacing it would be deducted from your 'key money'.
As you can see, finding a cheap apartment in Seoul is not going to be easy. But If you know someone there that has a two bedroom apartment, you should arrange with him so you can live
with him and pay rent to him. However, If you don't have any friends there, i'd suggest you look towards the outskirts of Seoul for cheap accommodation.

Thanks....but since I am going for schooling at seoul national university, I need a place that would be close to the school, so that I can do my registration...how about icheon...is it that far...pls drop ur email if possible
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
More info pls
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 6:34am On Nov 27, 2013
?
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by chukxie(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
SNU is as far from Incheon as it from downtown Seoul. The school‘s situated somewhere in Gwanak-gu, and that's one district i'm not very conversant with. SNU has got a lot of international students, and i guess some of them live off campus. If you went there before school resumes i'm sure you'd find a couple of foreigners there that would point you in the right direction with regards to where you could find a cheap accommodation. Best of luck, bro! By the way, i don't live Korea at present. I did a program there a while back, and i haven't been back there since i left. korea is a fun place to be. Make sure you visit Itaewon--it's the place where you'll find naijas!
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks chukie...pls I need more info...pls I need someone who lives there at this present time, I just need a cheap place I can stay for just one month and I will move out...thanks
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by chukxie(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
All my friends there live in Itaewon and Haebancheon area. None of them live near SNU. Itaewon is far from SNU. I'd call one the guys there tomorrow and ask him if he can assist you in any way. Ok?
Re: Any Info On Cheap Accomodation In South Korea by emeka50: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukxie: All my friends there live in Itaewon and Haebancheon area. None of them live near SNU. Itaewon is far from SNU. I'd call one the guys there tomorrow and ask him if he can assist you in any way. Ok?

Thanks bro, pls can I have ur email so that I can contact u asap...thanks

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Worst People To Sit Next To On A Plane / 10 Of The Most Peaceful Countries In The World / [BREAKING] America Relaxes Visa Conditions For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.