Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques (892 Views)

Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims? / Mob Destroys South Africa Snake Pastor's Church, Set It On Fire (photos) / Prayers That Break Curses And Destroys Ancestral Spirits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2013

Announcing plans to eradicate the world’s fastest growing faith from its territories, Angola has become the first country in the world to ban Islam and Muslims, taking first measures by destroying mosques in the country.

“The process of legalization of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights, their mosques would be closed until further notice,” Rosa Cruz e Silva the Angolan Minister of Culture, was quoted by la Nouvelle Tribune earlier this week.

Silva comments were given during her visit last Tuesday to the 6th to the Commission of the National Assembly.

She asserted that the decision was the latest in increased efforts to fight against religious sects, including illegal ones. According to the minister, the action was necessary to fight relentlessly against the emergence of congregations whose worship are contrary to the customs of the Angolan culture.

Same as Islam, other faiths which were not legalized will face closure of their houses of worship.

"All sects on the list published by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights in the Angolan newspaper" “Jornal de Angola" are prohibited to conduct worship, so they should keep their doors closed," she said.

"In addition, we also have a long list of more than a thousand legalization applications,” she added.

Recurrent

The anti-Islam comments were not the first by Angolan officials after several hostile actions have been conducted in several cities across Angola.

"This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country", said the President, José Eduardo dos Santos.

Last October, Muslims from the urban municipality of Viana, Luanda, attended the destruction of the minaret of their mosque Zengo.

The provincial governor of Luanda, Bento Bento, said on the airwaves of local radio that "radical Muslims are not welcome in Angola and the Angolan government is not ready for the legalization of mosques."

He added that Muslims were not welcome in Angola and that the government would not legalize the presence of mosques in the country.

According to CIA Factbook, 47% of Angolans practice indigenous beliefs, 38% Roman Catholic and 15% Protestant.

[url]Source: http://www.onislam.net/english/news/africa/466297-angola-bans-islam-destroys-mosques.html[/url]
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by ckkris: 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
Boko Haram may COMPEL other African countries to do likewise.
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by okosodo: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
Good one, i know it cant happen i nigeria but we need to start taking steps to do this here to avoid future massive bloodshed which is inevitable
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by okosodo: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Good one, i know it cant happen i nigeria but we need to start taking steps to do this here to avoid future massive bloodshed which is inevitable.
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by tobechi20(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
A warning to few moslems who use islam to commiit evil

1 Like

Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
The planet will be better without organized religion, including Christianity.
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
If people really understand islam, its aims and objectives, then they wouldn't call this intolerance.
Any religion, christainity, buddhism, etc., which in the future, transforms to the current tenet of islam should be banned, if the city is to attain goodness.
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Reyginus: If people really understand islam, its aims and objectives, then they wouldn't call this intolerance.
Any religion, christainity, buddhism, etc., which in the future, transforms to the current tenet of islam should be banned, if the city is to attain goodness.

Read your message again; cos Angola place a ban recently because Islam has been turned to a radicalized political and terror movement, it is the reason its being banned now in Angola, should Catholics become radicalized tomorrow, it will be banned too.

Every Extremist Religion should be banned, African country is setting direction, I am sure a country in Europe will follow suit, soon. New world order, no room for organized religious criminals.
Re: Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
Billyonaire:

Read your message again; cos Angola place a ban recently because Islam has been turned to a radicalized political and terror movement, it is the reason its being banned now in Angola, should Catholics become radicalized tomorrow, it will be banned too.

Every Extremist Religion should be banned, African country is setting direction, I am sure a country in Europe will follow suit, soon. New world order, no room for organized religious criminals.
Lol. I support you, my friend.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch / Stop The Bokos / Photo Of Myles Munroe And Those Who Died With Him Shortly Before Take Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.