|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,080,288 members, 7,587,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 September 2023 at 09:43 PM
|Simple Method To Discover Your Intellectual Talent. by hilario8898(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2013|
A simple method that I suggest to young people for discovering their intellectual talents is not just for young people - persons of any age can find it useful: Find a quiet place where it is possible to think and not be interrupted for a few minutes. Then do the following exercise.
1. Ask yourself the questions below. It is helpful to write the answers. You cab study them and think about them anytime.
2. In answering, be honest but also be generous. To do well at something does not mean you have to do it perfectly.
It means that you do something well and that the results show that you do it well.
Even for those at the academic bottom of the class, the questions are still valid. All of us can do something.
a. At what have I done well so far in life?
b. In what school subjects have I done well?
c. Why did I choose those subjects?
d. What do I like to do that has caused others to. compliment me?
e. What do I do well and think of as fun although my friends see it as work - or as a boring activity?
3. Analyze yourself and your situation. As much as you can, analyze matters for yourself instead of depending upon tests and outside advice. However, I know that some people are not very good at self-reflection and do better by interacting with others. (By the way, part of the talent of people-centered individuals is to interact well with others!)
4. Whether you can figure out the answers to these questions, or you talk them over with someone else, find someone whose judgment is respected. Your parents, perhaps. A teacher, Your pastor, An Older family friend, Your closest friend.
5. Write down what is said by those in whom you confide.
6. Compare those ideas to what you have written about yourself. Are the answers the same? What do you now see about yourself that you didn't think of before? For four or five days, spend some time each day by yourself in thinking about these answers.
I tell you, sooner than later you'll discover your Intellectual talent.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24