Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? (1030 Views)

Are African Traditional Religions Syncretic In Nature (between One Another)? / Please Convert to African Traditional Religions / Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Are our Traditional Pagan Religions the most discriminated religions in the world?

We are discriminated in our own country. what more?
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Mynd44: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
Truth, but is the discrimination as much as the ones Muslims and Christians get in places dominated by the opposite?
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
and there is islamic section, Fulaman is crying about islam being the most discriminated religion in the world.

islam gave birth to religious discrimination.
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by macof(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
sons of the land being discriminated aginst

2 Likes

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Fulaman198(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
and there is islamic section, Fulaman is crying about islam being the most discriminated religion in the world.

islam gave birth to religious discrimination.

In the media, which religion gets the most heat right now? No one says anything negative about traditional practitioners from Africa, Asia, the Americas, etc. In fact, most people find these ancient cultures/religions fascinating.
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by macof(m): 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

In the media, which religion gets the most heat right now? No one says anything negative about traditional practitioners from Africa, Asia, the Americas, etc. In fact, most people find these ancient cultures/religions fascinating.
maybe some people find it fascinating but that is nothing compared to the slander and hate directed towards us from many muslims and christians whose ancestors were actually practitioners

2 Likes

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
macof: maybe some people find it fascinating but that is nothing compared to the slander and hate directed towards us from many muslims and christians whose ancestors were actually practitioners

That's more of a thing only in brainwashed Nigeria, a 'good' Muslim or Christian would respect your beliefs.

I'm talking about things on a more worldwide scale my brother not just one country.
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Gombs(m): 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
The traditional religion is less than half a generation away from being wiped out....

Why?

Because Jesus reigns...now and forever.

Pagan 9ja, I'm sure your kids won't follow your suit.

1 Like

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
Gombs: The traditional religion is less than half a generation away from being wiped out....

Why?

Am I the only person that think this guy called Gomb is st.upid?

2 Likes

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by macof(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Gombs: The traditional religion is less than half a generation away from being wiped out....

Why?

Smh.

Traditional religion is fast regrowing

Even black Americans are retracing their origin and accepting the African spiritual beliefs is a step

2 Likes

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by engrtee(f): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pagans aree their own problem. Why cant they come out strongly to evangilse
why are native doctors shrine hidden in remote villages not openly .
Why dont shrine have address?
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Gombs(m): 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Am I the only person that think this guy called Gomb is st.upid?

You surely didn't mean Gombs

grin grin

However, I'm glad you are still thinking
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Gombs(m): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
macof:

Smh.

Traditional religion is fast regrowing

Even black Americans are retracing their origin and accepting the African spiritual beliefs is a step

Oh really?

Cool story
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by macof(m): 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
engrtee: Pagans aree their own problem. Why cant they come out strongly to evangilse

Very true my sis but pagan spirituality doesn't believe in public evangelism because we know that humans cannot fully understand God,.we know that religion is just an excuse, just common human understanding which is always limited and never perfect.

We don't claim to know all and we don't deceive or lie about wat we don't know.
We leave people to their consciousness because a man is his own savior, he only has to connect wit his inner self and grow in consciousness.

if we start doing crusade and public evangelism it would be like we claim to be the best or only way.

That's why it's always good for people to learn ur ancestral spirituality, nothing on earth is completely right or wrong,.good or evil.

Why portray others as evil people? Like wat Christians and muslims do just to drive people away from their ancestors and put them in slavery.

3 Likes

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Fulaman198(m): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
macof:

Very true my sis but pagan spirituality doesn't believe in public evangelism because we know that humans cannot fully understand God,.we know that religion is just an excuse, just common human understanding which is always limited and never perfect.

We don't claim to know all and we don't deceive or lie about wat we don't know.
We leave people to their consciousness because a man is his own savior, he only has to connect wit his inner self and grow in consciousness.

if we start doing crusade and public evangelism it would be like we claim to be the best or only way.

That's why it's always good for people to learn ur ancestral spirituality, nothing on earth is completely right or wrong,.good or evil.

Why portray others as evil people? Like wat Christians and muslims do just to drive people away from their ancestors and put them in slavery.

You make some very sincere great points without a doubt
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:21am On Nov 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

That is all talk. people just talk about islam.

but we face hands on discrimination in "real life".

Not just in Nigeria, but across Africa. That is the Truth.
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:23am On Nov 26, 2013
engrtee: Pagans aree their own problem. Why cant they come out strongly to evangilse

Yoruba shrines have address and they are coming out.

However like macof said, evangelizing is new to us. It is not how we work.
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Fulaman198(m): 1:29am On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

That is all talk. people just talk about islam.

but we face hands on discrimination in "real life".

Not just in Nigeria, but across Africa. That is the Truth.

Naivety is the cause of the looking down upon traditional religions. I would not call that discrimination. Do people laugh at it and think it is outdated? Yes, but it is not like people hate someone for being a practitioner of traditional religion.

A lot of people enjoy studying traditional religions and find them interesting.
Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by MamiWata: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Are our Traditional Pagan Religions the most discriminated religions in the world?

We are discriminated in our own country. what more?

I think they are and I'm speaking solely of ATR's. There is very little respect given to ATR's. They are either not mentioned or mentioned with disdain as if they are "primitive" relics that will dissappear as people "progress." I get so tired of having to explain that my spirituality really is a spirituality and not some simply a mishmash of spells and magic....especially to other Africans. That is the hardest thing....arguing for the validity of our ATR's with people who should know better but don't know much of anything about their own ancestors' ways.

1 Like

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by Kay17: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2013

Your post is a result of a poor understanding of traditional pagan religious system. It is not strange that you view it through the scope of Christianity. Traditional religious systems are closed systems, reserved, more or less a club, a gathering of likeminds, they are not open to the entire world, and initiation is a test for its truest member.

Therefore they do not evangelize as Christians do.

2 Likes

Re: Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions? by macof(m): 10:10am On Nov 30, 2013
Kay 17:

Your post is a result of a poor understanding of traditional pagan religious system. It is not strange that you view it through the scope of Christianity. Traditional religious systems are closed systems, reserved, more or less a club, a gathering of likeminds, they are not open to the entire world, and initiation is a test for its truest member.

Therefore they do not evangelize as Christians do.

I couldn't have said it better.

(1) (Reply)

Speak Not Against My Anointed - Says The Lord Of Hosts / Pics: 'her Death Is Not In Vain' Mother Of South African Synagogue Collapse Vict / What Was Your Perception Of Islam Before 9/11?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.