Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

What Is Heapes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Heapes? (4558 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Heapes? by norsman(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2008
PLS what are the symptoms and possible best form of treatments?
Re: What Is Heapes? by Aladunni(f): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2008
you mean HERPES?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex

www.mayoclinic.com

or go to tell some doctor on nairaland, Dr. Balogun and others are always there
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2008
norsman:

Unfortunately, while HERPES is very easy to contact, it absolutely does not have treatment, once you contact it, it remains a life time infection. The good thing is, it doesn't appear often and does not kill neither does it lead to any other illness nor does it deteriorate into severe conditions.
All a Carrier has to do is to avoid direct contact with other people during outbreaks; for instance, if a person occasionally have herpes on his genital, he should avoid sex during its outbreak because, the fluid in the blisters are very, very infective.
Herpes is not an uncommon infection, it is estimated that one in four women have the infection
Re: What Is Heapes? by ifyalways(f): 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2008
vvvjustice:

[color=#770077]Unfortunately, while HERPES is very easy to contact, it absolutely does not have treatment, once you contact it, it remains a life time infection. The good thing is, it
big fat lie.Herpes once detected early and with the right treatment is treatable,medically cool
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2008
ifyalways:

big fat lie.Herpes once detected early and with the right treatment is treatable,medically cool
   If you mean treatment (to subdue the virus from regular outbreak), then, you're right. But if you're talking about treatment (to eliminate the virus) to effect a cure, then, i'm afraid, there's no such thing as Herpes cure in medical science. Mind you, the virus remains in a carrier system in all his/her life time.
Re: What Is Heapes? by norsman(m): 1:18am On Jul 25, 2008
o.k
Re: What Is Heapes? by ifyalways(f): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2008
vvvjustice:

If you mean treatment (to subdue the virus from regular outbreak), then, you're right. But if you're talking about treatment (to eliminate the virus) to effect a cure, then, i'm afraid, there's no such thing as Herpes cure in medical science. Mind you, the virus remains in a carrier system in all his/her life time.
lol
i said treatable not Curable.
nyways like u said,its sad but its true,its got no cure YET cos the virus gets lodged on the lower part of the carriers spinal cord.it can only be managed and treated. sad sad sad
Re: What Is Heapes? by Gonorrhea(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2008
norsman:

heapes?!

which one is heapes again, what i know is herpes! grin

do u have heapes?
Re: What Is Heapes? by freecky: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2008
hey, gohnorhea or what do call urself am sure u no going to be surprise seing new member blocking u this way, i've seen all ur post and only few of it make sense .sorry to say. embarassed shocked
Re: What Is Heapes? by Gonorrhea(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2008
freecky:

hey, gohnorhea or what do call yourself am sure u no going to be surprise seing new member blocking u this way, i've seen all your post and only few of it make sense .sorry to say. embarassed shocked

Thank you and God bless!
Re: What Is Heapes? by Heads: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2008
@vvvjustice
Thanks for ur candid contribution. What do you have to say about marrying someone who has herpes.
Re: What Is Heapes? by syren: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
People with herpes, alot of them do get married. I can't say wether I would or wouldn't marry someone with it but I always think, what if the shoe was on the other foot? would that person still love me? I wouldn't expect to find a partner but it's not impossible.

It's sad though, a lot of people put themselves at risk with unfaithful partners or sleeping with someone who isn't aware or just chooses not to telll you they have it until it's too late.
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2008
Heads:

@vvvjustice
Thanks for your candid contribution. What do you have to say about marrying someone who has herpes.
   How would you know a herpes carrier when you see one, and how do you know that you're not one yourself?
   You see, herpes is not really a factor many people considered when it comes to marriages: remember that about 25% of people have the virus even though some seldom have its blisters outbreak. While some carriers occasionally experience its outbreaks, there are some that experienced this outbreak just in the initial stages, and then-after, they never experienced it again nor do they realise that what they had was herpes symptoms. So, such people would also carry the herpes virus in their system without any symptoms to show its presence.
   Herpes can appear in various parts of the body and as symptoms of various body disorders: for example, some people experience it on their lips during or after flu condition.
   Genital herpes can not be transmitted from sperm-semen, pen'is or vig'ina fluids, it can only be transfered during outbreaks on the genital skin (when the blisters are present, and when the fluid from these blisters burst out and contact another person's skin).
   So, your question is as good as asking if it is good to marry someone with pruritic papular skin eruption (commonly known as Craw-Craw).
Re: What Is Heapes? by Heads: 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2008
@vvvjustice.
Thanks for the further enlightenment. But you didnt offer any definite advice. To be more candid, my boyfriend has herpes. He only recently told me. We've not been sexually active. I really care about him but I'm afraid of the implications of herpes,especially with respect to pregnancy. Put yourself in my shoes.
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
Heads:

@vvvjustice.
Thanks for the further enlightenment. But you didnt offer any definite advice. To be more candid, my boyfriend has herpes. He only recently told me. We've not been sexually active. I really care about him but I'm afraid of the implications of herpes,especially with respect to pregnancy. Put yourself in my shoes.
   My advice is, you don't stand at risk of infection as long as you guys do not make genital contacts during herpes-blisters outbreaks, and yet, the outbreaks do not frequently occur.
   He will definitely know when there's outbreak because the itching from the blisters is severe, and scratching is inevitable; and besides, if you're too afraid of it, it will be ok for you to check his genital before allowing contacts, by these practices, you're risk free. More still, (like i said before) you can't get herpes from semen (sperm) or genital fluid. So, it's possible to be with many herpes-carrier men all your life and yet, you won't get infected as long as the fluid from the blisters does not contact your skin.
   How often does he experience the herpes blisters and how severe or slight do they appear in your eyes?
Re: What Is Heapes? by paaj: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2008
Is herpes purely an STD or can it be contracted from other sources? I know of someone who had a herpes outbreak on her back. So i'm beginning to wonder how an STD will infect someone's back skin instead. Or is it that it was also spread to her genitals and i just didn't know? of course she didnt tell me that.! undecided
Re: What Is Heapes? by MrCrackles(m): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2008
@Poster

which one be heapes again o?

dat one na another form of HIV or wetin? grin
Re: What Is Heapes? by syren: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2008
paaj:

Is herpes purely an STD or can it be contracted from other sources? I know of someone who had a herpes outbreak on her back. So i'm beginning to wonder how an STD will infect someone's back skin instead. Or is it that it was also spread to her genitals and i just didn't know? of course she didnt tell me that.! undecided

Herpes can be transffered from mother to child if she has an outbreak when giving birth. If someone has oral herpes it can be transferred by kissing. If she wasn't born with it i don't know how it could get to her back? Probably contarcted from somewhere though.
Re: What Is Heapes? by Heads: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2008
@vvvjustice
Ur words are really encouraging.The blisters come like every 6 months.They r not very severe. Infact he doesn't even know they are there sometimes. They appear around the pubis,on the scrotal sac and the buttocks;none on the penile shaft itself.
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2008
Heads:

@vvvjustice
your words are really encouraging.The blisters come like every 6 months.They r not very severe. Infact he doesn't even know they are there sometimes. They appear around the pubis,on the scrotal sac and the buttocks;none on the penile shaft itself.
Everything seems fair enough except that he doesn't sometimes realise that the blisters are present, and this unfortunately put you at risk. But you have nothing to worry about, all you have to do is to check and avoid contact with the blisters so you won't be conterminated with the contagious fluid: It's also an added advantage that the blisters do not appear on his pen'is.
Note: Herpes does not kill, it does not even make a person ill neither does it pose any threat to one's body function nor does it affect one's physical or anatomical system, just the itching (and only during outbreaks)
Re: What Is Heapes? by Heads: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2008
@vvvjustice
Thank you so much. Ur words are really comforting. I pray that you also meet help in ur times of need. Lest i forget, are you a medical doctor?
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2008
Heads:

@vvvjustice
Thank you so much. your words are really comforting. I pray that you also meet help in your times of need. Lest i forget, are you a medical doctor?
   Did you say so?
Re: What Is Heapes? by Heads: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
@vvvjustice
Yeah. Are you a medical doctor? You seem to be quite informed.
Re: What Is Heapes? by vvvjustice: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2008
You have said so. Please, pardon me for my sneaky answer, it's due to my past negative experience, here's a place where anyone can get insulted for anything.
Re: What Is Heapes? by sauwal: 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2008
which drug supresses herpes effectively for like six months or beyond and wwhat is the cost?

thanx

(1) (Reply)

Nafdac Denies Report Of 70 Per Cent Fake Medicines In Nigeria / 14 Foods That Cleanse The Liver / Woman Adores Faceless Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.