Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

I Wish You Enough - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Wish You Enough (591 Views)

Love Story: I Wish I Held Back.... / I Wish I Were A Lady / 50 Things That You Wish You Had Known Earlier In You Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wish You Enough by frankie15x(m): 11:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Recently,at the airport, I overheard a father and daughter in their last moment
together.her flight's departure had been announced, and they were standing near
the security gate.they hugged each other and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough."

She in turn said," Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all
I ever need. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."

They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing
there, I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy,
but he welcomed me in by asking, " did u ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be
forever?"

"yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love
and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited,
I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me. so I knew what this man
was experiencing.

"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?" I asked.

"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is,
her next trip back will be for my funeral," he said

"when you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough.' may I ask what this
means?"

He began to smile. "that's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My
parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment, looking up as if trying to
remember it in details. He smiled even more.

"When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wishing for the other person a life filled with
just enough good things to sustain them," he continued. Turning toward me, he shared the
following as if he were reciting it from memory.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough Hello's to get you through the final good-bye."

He then began to sob and walked away.
Friends, I wish you enough...

(1) (Reply)

The Case (continuation) / A Christian Or A Muslim? / The Daughter Of The Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.