Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,314 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree (997 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / FG Spends N3.42tn In Nine Months / APC Leaders Fail To Agree On Buhari’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree by yaxeji: 5:54am On Nov 26, 2013
A junior officer in the Nigerian Army, Lance Corporal Zubairu Rafiu has narrated how he survived nine month detention and torture in Maiduguri in the hands of his superior officers who insisted that he must confess to be an informant or a member of Boko Haram.

Zubairu, who is a personnel of 93 Battalion of the Nigerian Army said that the more he denied that he never knew anything about Boko Haram the more he was tortured, adding that he sustained permanent injury and developed liver disease from the over battering, even as his superior officers are still touting him as Boko Haram long after he was found innocent and released from detention.

Read more: http://www.frontiersnews.com/index.php/news/6642--how-my-superiors-in-army-detain-torture-me-for-nine-months-forcing-me-to-agree-to-be-boko-haram-zubairu
Re: How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree by sylvar02(m): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2013
H$$$
Re: How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree by omartins(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2013
Thats how you too will torture an innocent civilian, if you were given an opportunity to extract information.
Re: How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2013
there is no smoke without fire. for them to continually accuse means they have strong reasons to suspect you.
he should be dismissed and jailed.

1 Like

Re: How My Superiors In Army Detain, Torture Me For Nine Months, Forcing Me To Agree by ckkris: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2013
careytommy: there is no smoke without fire. for them to continually accuse means they have strong reasons to suspect you.
he should be dismissed and jailed.
In Babangida, Abacha, or Obasanjo regime, he would have been dead & buried.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike One Of Highest Authorities In Nigeria - President Jonathan / Tragidy In Lagos!tragedy : Lagos Big Girl Murdered / Politics In Nigeria: Why Reform Is So Hard In Ekiti State By The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.