Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise (1309 Views)

Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos, Dies Few Hours (pictured) / Horror As Woman (30) Gives Birth To A Tortoise After Being Pregnant For 10 Month / Woman Delivered Of 25 Months Pregnancy - Miracle Working God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2013
Don't really know what to make of this story.
A 22-year old housewife, Mrs. Catherine
Emmanuel Abari, has given birth to a living
tortoise in her Angwan Tiv II residence of
Agyaragu town, headquarters of Jenkwe
Development Area of Nasarawa state.
The husband to Catherine, Mr. Emmanuel
Abari, 29, a farmer, told our
correspondent that his wife gave birth to
a “Mr. Tortoise” at about 12 to 1 am
Saturday morning but the creature later
died shortly after 5am same day.
According to Emmanuel, on sighting what
his pregnant wife delivered that Saturday
morning,
“I was shocked, and then I shouted which
attracted other people. It took me a while
before I called my elder brother who
arrived the scene later”, a stricken
Emmanuel told Peoples Daily.
Emmanuel recounted that his wife got
pregnant sometimes in March early this
year but that she started experiencing
problems with it during the fourth month.
“We noticed that at about the fourth or
fifth month, the pregnancy stopped
growing and that was when I took her to
a hospital”, he said.
He said he took her thrice to a hospital in
Agyaragu, the Zhe Mighili Hospital, where
doctors checked his wife, confirming she
was indeed pregnant. However on the
third and final visit to the hospital, they
were referred to another hospital in Lafia,
the state capital, the Sauki Hospital, located
along Abuja Street.
It was there, Emmanuel narrated, that
doctors having confirmed that Catherine
was still pregnant, but also through
scanning, revealed to the couple that what
she was carrying in her belly wasn’t
human.
He continued that on returning home to
Agyaragu, he immediately summoned his
elder brother to jointly discuss the matter
following which it was decided that they
consult a native doctor, an oracle of some
sort.
“The man checked her and promised us
that he will do his best. She remained
there for close to week and when I visited,
I saw some signs because she has already
started bleeding”, he said.
Emmanuel continued that for some days
after she visited the native doctor,
Catherine’s bleeding seized and the oracle
had to administer further medication but
that on a Thursday, nearly one week since
she was taken to the native doctor,
Catherine started her labour in earnest
and eventually delivered around 12 to 1
am Saturday morning.
He said they have however since buried
the tortoise and have accepted their fate.
www.peoplesdailyng.com/22-year-old-housewife-gives-birth-to-a-tortoise-in-nasarawa/
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2013
gringringringringrin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by castielo(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01: Don't really know what to make of this story.
www.peoplesdailyng.com/22-year-old-housewife-gives-birth-to-a-tortoise-in-nasarawa/

...We are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator. undecided

1 Like

Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by AMAKAVIOLA: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2013
no pix
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by castielo(m): 11:42am On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01: Don't really know what to make of this story.

..We are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator

undecided
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by idupaul: 11:49am On Nov 26, 2013
Ofcourse the fake native Dr Planted the tortoise to hoodwink his client
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
castielo:

...We are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator. undecided

Can't agree less, very correct!
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
AMAKAVIOLA: no pix

It's village stuff na... Who go take the Pishure?
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
idupaul: Ofcourse the fake native Dr Planted the tortoise to hoodwink his client

On a second thought, what does he have to gain?
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44: gringringringringrin

Na wah for you o. If you were asked to rep Nairaland to go and condone with the family, na so you go dey shine teeth for there?
tongue
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01:

Na wah for you o. If you were asked to rep Nairaland to go and condone with the family, na so you go dey shine teeth for there?
tongue
You must pay me to show sadness separately oooo:tonguetongue

are you sure they did not eat the tortoise? gringringrin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
You must pay me to show sadness separately oooo:tonguetongue

are you sure they did not eat the tortoise? gringringrin

If you flop your lines, will you refund our money? wink

Haba! Why will they chop thier 'baby'? Tufia! cheesy

I'm thinking we should check OLX if there has been a recent posting of a Tortoise for sale. cheesy
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01:

If you flop your lines, will you refund our money? wink

Haba! How will they chop thier 'baby'? Tufia! :/

I'm thinking we should check OLX if there has been a recent posting of a Tortoise for sale. cheesy
I will refund it oo.

But how will they use OLX? They are but mere villagers na gringrin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
I will refund it oo.

A badt sharp guy could volunteer to help them 'bury' it, to save them more grief. grin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01:

A badt sharp guy could volunteer to help them 'bury' it, to save them more grief. grin
Why waste food. Some people eat tortoise you know
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by chimex38: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Poor woman, she has lost d fruit of her labour. D baby of her womb is gone. If doctors had cared 4 dat poor child,perhaps put it in an incubator 4 d remainin months, it could it could have survived and perhaps matured to a human.
May d soul of dat issue rest in peace. Amen
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
I will refund it oo.

Talk true, are you 'fantasizing' on how the meat would taste like?

Trust me, your secret is safe. I might even help a brother do a follow up. I don't think Tortoise meat is sold in the open market though.
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01:

Talk true, are you 'fantasizing' on how the meat would taste like?

Trust me, your secret is safe. I might even help a brother do a follow up. I don't think Tortoise meat is sold in the open market though.
I am just saying cos for the woman to give both to a tortoise, they must have been fraternising with tortoise in the spiritual realm grin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
Market women gist. undecided
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
Why waste food. Some people eat tortoise you know

Waste food? we are talking of their pikin!
undecided
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am just saying cos for the woman to give both to a tortoise, they must have been fraternising with tortoise in the spiritual realm grin

Me simply thinks the Tortoise should just be charged for impersonation and murder of an innocent, defenseless soul.

grin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01:
Waste food? we are talking of their pikin!
undecided
You and I know it is implausible
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
emmy-richie:
Market women gist. undecided

My mama has never addressed me as 'my daughter'. Did you dream of Market women or what?
angry

I recommend you take your brunch ASAP to 'balance your system'.

grin
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
You and I know it is implausible

I agree with you. The newspaper is not a popular brand.

I guess it's about giving Nigerians the 'sensational news they want'.

But the news was on the Paper's frontpage sha.
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by Mynd44: 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
pmc01:

I agree with you. The newspaper is not a popular brand.

I guess it's about giving Nigerians the 'sensational news they want'.

But the news was on the Paper's frontpage sha.
concorted to make money from gullible people
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by angelTI(f): 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Picture(s) or it didn't happen!
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
angel TI: Picture(s) or it didn't happen!

cheesy
Re: 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise by pmc01(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
concorted to make money from gullible people

Family dey house and must wack smiley

(1) (Reply)

Former Nigerian Head Of State Ibrahim Babangida Hospitalized In Germany / JOHESU Embark On Nationwide Strike: Could This Be The Final Showdown? / Tips For HIV Infected And Affected Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.