Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites (1037 Views)

Android Programming With Google Cloud Chat - Expert / Ask Africa - My Google Cloud Developer Challenge Entry / Has Anyone Here Implemented Google Cloud Messaging On Android? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by chimdi2000: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hello peeps,

link: http://gcdc2013-prepjambites.appspot.com
It has not been easy this past months. Been working around the Google Cloud Developer Challenge. My programming team over time has been thinking of a away to better the current nightmare of all students who wants to enter the University i.e JAMB Exams..(We all know JAMB things na). We also knew what happened in 2012: 1.49 Million Candidates wrote JAMB Examination and only 3 students scored above 300 points http:///RYdaI3

Okay we taught of a platform that will engage especially passing out secondary school students in an interactive way on how to prepare for JAMB exams with simulated past JAMB questions papers.

Also we Engage them with our Top Scorer feature for all subjects which appear publicly on homepage to deepen their practice on the site until they perfect all questions.
They can also, after taking a test, "Brag and Share with classmates"- this will make foster competition when the other students view their friend's score and try to practice too.

Students can also see a graphical visualization of their performance progress on the site.
With many other cool features.

We used technologies like
Python
JavaScript
Google App engine
Google Youtube API
Google Books API
Twitter Bootstrap

Video Intro and reason behind the app:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDLPqBoiYB0

Need your comment about the work for improvements and you can also from the app website, like, +1 and tweet to help the developer team to know the usage of the app.
Thank you pals

2 Likes

Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by Danyl(m): 6:45am On Nov 27, 2013
its very cool guys keep it up. I once did a desktop version of this initiative with java & ORM frameworks Oracle toplinks to be specific and swing though I used derby as my back end it will be outstanding if you keep it with those features but am not well versed in python but its all cool.

1 Like

Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by chimdi2000: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2013
@Danyl Thanks for the complement..there are other cool features we are going to implement like gamification by giving badges to students based on their test score and collaboration with other students on the site--"Classroom Helpers". Students can also contribute to our question bank and get extra badges and even can even join the classroom helpers and offer assistants to other students.

We want to get the app done so well that it will be a standard for all students about to take a JAMB exams
Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by chimdi2000: 9:34am On Nov 27, 2013
@Danyl I recommend you just try python on one of your projects.. its very simple to use
Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by Danyl(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
chimdi2000: @Danyl I recommend you just try python on one of your projects.. its very simple to use
am going for python soon bt am kinda busy now...just kip it up

1 Like

Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by Hackomania(m): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
Guys. I'm no dev, but have you seen passnownow?

If not, I suggest you check it out
Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by ayodinho91: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2013
Can someone please kindly explain what Google cloud computing is all about.
Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by chimdi2000: 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
ayodinho91 Google Cloud Platform provides you the opprtunity to use cloud computing services that allow you to build applications and websites, store data and analyze data on Google’s infrastructure which are secure and simple to use. And with Google technologies, you are using the same tools and services that powers all Google products you can think of. from search, youtube to android etc.

Hope that answers the question bro?
Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by Abdulhakeem1(m): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2013
chimdi2000: Hello peeps,

link: http://gcdc2013-prepjambites.appspot.com
It has not been easy this past months. Been working around the Google Cloud Developer Challenge. My programming team over time has been thinking of a away to better the current nightmare of all students who wants to enter the University i.e JAMB Exams..(We all know JAMB things na). We also knew what happened in 2012: 1.49 Million Candidates wrote JAMB Examination and only 3 students scored above 300 points http:///RYdaI3

Okay we taught of a platform that will engage especially passing out secondary school students in an interactive way on how to prepare for JAMB exams with simulated past JAMB questions papers.

Also we Engage them with our Top Scorer feature for all subjects which appear publicly on homepage to deepen their practice on the site until they perfect all questions.
They can also, after taking a test, "Brag and Share with classmates"- this will make foster competition when the other students view their friend's score and try to practice too.

Students can also see a graphical visualization of their performance progress on the site.
With many other cool features.

We used technologies like
Python
JavaScript
Google App engine
Google Youtube API
Google Books API
Twitter Bootstrap

Video Intro and reason behind the app:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDLPqBoiYB0

Need your comment about the work for improvements and you can also from the app website, like, +1 and tweet to help the developer team to know the usage of the app.
Thank you pals
Bravo!! Cool Idea. Nice team. I also av dat kind of dream too. Jst keep it out. Good team of Progress. May God help u guys.
Re: Our Google Cloud Developer Challenge App- Prep Jambites by Abdulhakeem1(m): 12:10am On Nov 29, 2013
chimdi2000: @Danyl Thanks for the complement..there are other cool features we are going to implement like gamification by giving badges to students based on their test score and collaboration with other students on the site--"Classroom Helpers". Students can also contribute to our question bank and get extra badges and even can even join the classroom helpers and offer assistants to other students.

We want to get the app done so well that it will be a standard for all students about to take a JAMB exams
muah luv d idea die. Jst dat, i cant go back 2 rewrite JAMB. Cos wif dis am going 2 see my Jamb score dancing skelewu. More Grease 2 Elbow.

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Tutorial Website For Java, Android, C#, ASP.NET, VB, JS, Html, etc. / Add A Dictionary To A Grid / Join The E-library Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.