Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Working Online With Visitors' Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working Online With Visitors' Visa? (869 Views)

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working Online With Visitors' Visa? by Dextra(f): 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
It's a known fact that it's illegal to work in any country without a work permit.
I'll be traveling to a country in less than a month with TRV for 3 months duration, I do not intend to work and I have enough money to cover my expenses while there (the VISA officer made sure of this). Now, my concern is this: I work online as a hobby. I do jobs for clients from all over the world, jobs ranging from translation, web research, product sourcing, audio/video transcription, etc (many of you might do this also) and I get paid in dollars into my bank account via wire transfer. Will I be committing an offence if I continue to render my services abroad during the period of my stay? I personally don't think it matters but I'm worried that I'll be using their bandwidth and they might find out that I'm working online. I have about 2 ongoing long-term contracts that may continue for the next 6 months. Should I terminate them and decline further offers? Vicjustice, Justwise, and other knowledgeable people, I need your candid advice.
I hate breaking the law. If it's illegal I might just outsource them or discuss with my clients. Thank you.
Re: Working Online With Visitors' Visa? by suxes2005(m): 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dextra: It's a known fact that it's illegal to work in any country without a work permit.
I'll be traveling to a country in less than a month with TRV for 3 months duration, I do not intend to work and I have enough money to cover my expenses while there (the VISA officer made sure of this). Now, my concern is this: I work online as a hobby. I do jobs for clients from all over the world, jobs ranging from translation, web research, product sourcing, audio/video transcription, etc (many of you might do this also) and I get paid in dollars into my bank account via wire transfer. Will I be committing an offence if I continue to render my services abroad during the period of my stay? I personally don't think it matters but I'm worried that I'll be using their bandwidth and they might find out that I'm working online. I have about 2 ongoing long-term contracts that may continue for the next 6 months. Should I terminate them and decline further offers? Vicjustice, Justwise, and other knowledgeable people, I need your candid advice.
I hate breaking the law. If it's illegal I might just outsource them or discuss with my clients. Thank you.

Talk about a good world citizen - there you come in.
Well, as for me, I do same but I never ever stop working
anytime I am out of the country.

I hardly even think about all this you're saying. I just believe
I can't take a paid offline job in a foreign country without the
necessary documentations which I have never thought of.

The COURT is in your BALL.

SHALOM
Re: Working Online With Visitors' Visa? by Dextra(f): 2:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
I'm glad I got a response after 48 hours! Thanks for your response Suxes.

1 Like

Re: Working Online With Visitors' Visa? by suxes2005(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Dextra: I'm glad I got a response after 48 hours! Thanks for your response Suxes.

If you posted this at the business section maybe you would
have gotten many responses.

SHALOM
Re: Working Online With Visitors' Visa? by Tassembly(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
bro forget trv,i have many friends in uk working with 6month and five years visit visa but not legal,i have worked in middleeast qatar dubai with visit visas which was later converted to employment.online jobs is different thing entirely.i work online aswell.most pay comes to paypal and payooneer or eccurrencies.just that while in middleeast computer internets are always tracked but we still find a way out.with your trv,i will work on street.you are a man.act like one.all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Satellite Image Of Eko Atlantic From IKONOS Satellite / Weekend At The Beach. How Can I Make It Interesting? / 2nd Runway Of Ibom Int'l Airport Due For Commissioning July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.