Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,537 members, 7,865,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:12 PM

Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename (776 Views)

Ten Points For The Improvement Of Performance Of Windows Server / Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox / Upgraded My Textpad Application A Bit - Maybe I Should Rename It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename by adexbusta(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2008
Can any one help me out on how to change a domain name on window 2003 server.
Re: Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename by Maleeq(m): 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2008
While this can be easily done, there are certain constraints to achieving a flawless domain rename. If the domain is in a forest, has exchange server running, things could be complicated and may require some expertise in doing this.

But if the structure of the domain you seek to rename is relatively simple, then you can use the "rendom.exe" tool from Microsoft.
You can get the executable here.

I would suggest you also read this documents to get a better understanding/implications of a domain rename procedure:
- Understanding Domain Rename
- Step-By-Step Guide To Domain Renaming

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Re: Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename by brownbonno(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2008
Re: Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename by Maleeq(m): 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Mod

This thread feels much more in place at the Computer section than at the Webmasters. There's is more to domain than websites naming conventions and hosting. The domain he seeks to rename is a domain of computers and not websites.

Just my2cents!
Re: Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename by Seun(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2008
That's completely wrong. Let the mod do her job and stop interfering, please. thanks.
Re: Windows Server 2003 Domain Rename by Maleeq(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ok. Noted and sorry for interfering.

(1) (Reply)

Please Review Site / Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites / Help! Webmaster Urgently Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.