Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,222 members, 7,957,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp (1364 Views)

Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu / Gov. Aliyu Puts-up Billboards For His Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by oluwashaddow(m): 6:01am On Nov 27, 2013
P.M.NEWS can now reveal
authoritatively the reason behind
Governor Aliyu’s cold feet about
dumping President Goodluck Jonathan’s
PDP completely for the APC.
P.M. NEWS learnt that the fear of
confiscation of his numerous landed
property assets in Abuja was the
overwhelming decider for him. Equally,
the fear of likely being dragged to the
EFCC on account of these numerous
assets weakened the resolve of Governor
of Aliyu to swim with the tide of change.
Governor Aliyu, a former permanent
secretary/Director General of the Federal
Capital Development Authority, FCDA,
from where he ran for and became Niger
Governor acquired extensive landed
properties in Abuja. Investigations also
revealed that Governor Aliyu, who
alleged to be the owner of what is
probably the best Hotel in Abuja today
by name Hawthorne Suites. The hotel by
every standard is a 5-star hotel. “It is a
massive investment”, some sources said.
With the knowledge of the way the
Jonathan government hound its
opponents which among other things
include setting EFCC on them or their
children, as in the case of Governor
Lamido or confiscating or destroying
their property in Abuja as in the case of
Governor Kwankwaso’s property now
being taken over by FCT authority,
Governor Aliyu is trying to play safe.
A member of the nPDP who pleaded to
have his name left out, said he
sympathizes with Governor Aliyu. ” He
wants the best of both worlds. He wants
to remain with PDP and also ride the
tide of change with the new PDP, now
merged with APC. Its about the courage
to let go and make sacrifices.Many of his
colleague governors have already made
sacrifices. Baraje, Governor Kwankwaso,
Saraki, Oyinlola and others and are
infact being hounded by the EFCC or the
Police. This is about Nigeria and not an
individual. As far as I know, the G-7 has
merged with APC.”
Governor Aliyu who briefly attended the
meeting on tuesday at the Kano
government lodge left after several
minutes with the excuse that he had to
travel somewhere.
Meanwhile, goodwill messages for a
successful merger and a new political
arrangement in Nigeria have continued
to pour in for the group.
The APC leadership under Buhari and
Bola Tinubu have been praised for their
commitment and boldness in seeing the
merger through.
And as Tinubu told the media, minutes
after the merger was consummated, “it is
about the commitment to change this
country.
” What has happened today is
significant. What is important is not just
the numerical strength, but the coming
together of persons of character and
commitment to change”
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2013
That's why I will always respect any committed opposition politician as General Muhammadu Buhari,Asiwaju Tinubu,Ogbonnaya Onu,Chris Ngige or even Sani Yerima who have chosen to dare the fiery darts of the Federal might and have not waivered or staggered all these years on the other side of the divide

The PDP don't have any problem with you if you are corrupt but should you want to leave its fold, that's when they fight back! All the same I commend the 5 of the G7 who braved the odds to seek for change in our body polity

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by Desric(m): 9:42am On Nov 27, 2013
This goes a long way to show the nature and character of our President, his party the PDP, and the level of tolerance in our Democracy, and its very unfortunate how we still run our Govt like that of the Military devoid of tolerance and freewill.

I feel for Gov. Aliyu because it seems the bulk of his Assets and Investments are domicile in the Federal Capital Territory, I understand his fears, even though some of his colleagues have made drastic sacrifices and are still making. We now know the bold and courageous among them.

Like Asiwaju said, ” What has happened today is
commitment to change”, I pray earnestly that this coming together will yield the much needed fruit of Progress, Unity, and true Development eluding our Nation for so long.
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by Edzy: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2013
Hawthorn suite belongs to Ibrahim Aliyu not babangida Aliyu,its being existing even b4 he bcom d gov. of niger state.
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by theoctopus1: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2013
sagombugo: That's why I will always respect any committed opposition politician as General Muhammadu Buhari,Asiwaju Tinubu,Ogbonnaya Onu,Chris Ngige or even Sani Yerima who have chosen to dare the fiery darts of the Federal might and have not waivered or staggered all these years on the other side of the divide

The PDP don't have any problem with you if you are corrupt but should you want to leave its fold, that's when they fight back! All the same I commend the 5 of the G7 who braved the odds to seek for change in our body polity

But all the people you listed are more corrupt than the PDP people and now more corrupt people from PDP have joined them. You are not serious at all! grin grin grin
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by theoctopus1: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Desric: This goes a long way to show the nature and character of our President, his party the PDP, and the level of tolerance in our Democracy, and its very unfortunate how we still run our Govt like that of the Military devoid of tolerance and freewill.

I feel for Gov. Aliyu because it seems the bulk of his Assets and Investments are domicile in the Federal Capital Territory, I understand his fears, even though some of his colleagues have made drastic sacrifices and are still making. We now know the bold and courageous among them.

Like Asiwaju said, ” What has happened today is
commitment to change”, I pray earnestly that this coming together will yield the much needed fruit of Progress, Unity, and true Development eluding our Nation for so long.

BWahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! The coming together of persons of character! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! Tinubu (real names, kunle Adeleke) is a man of character and commitment to change! You have made me laughed so hard, i spilled my coffee!

Toronto and chicago certificate forger wants to change Nigeria. What a joke. Well he wants to convert Niger Delta money into his pocket. But he has already failed. If he likes, let him merge with the devil, he will fail. grin

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by dack7(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2013
Selfishness at it's ebb,dumb ass fool,think not wat ur country can do for u but what u can do for ur country.Because of his landed property in Abuja he can't do what is right for his people.Nit wit.
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by Allohrandy(m): 11:15am On Nov 27, 2013
Gov Aliyu is a coward and a noise maker. He has been one of the vocal supporter of the new pdp so why did he pull out at the last minute
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by duality(m): 11:27am On Nov 27, 2013
Rather than asking how he got that much wealth at the expense of the common people of Niger state, some are here sympathizing with someone who have looted the finances of the state simply because he is against Jonathan.

This shows that If GEJ moves to APC today, well gain sympathy from the APC faithfuls.

na waooh...
Re: Real Reasons Gov. Aliyu Opts For pdp by abuc: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2013
This report if False. None of the reason are factual but just speculations.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rethinking The Mistake Of 1914 / PDP Won’t Beg Ex-president, Ex-governors – Fayose / Transformation Ambassadors Of Nigeria (TAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.