Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Car Paint - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Paint (3263 Views)

A Car With Ankara Paint / Changing Ones Car Paint: The Procedure!! / 2 Incredible Exterior Car Paint Job... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Paint by timbros(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2013
I use to see these cars that look dull, not shiny. I dont know which paint is that but I really like the look. How do I describe it? Okay, there is this black Spider (Camry) I always see around GRA (PH), the black is just dull looking, like charcoal. Yea, charcoal is the only thing that comes to mind when trying to describe it... i hope i'm making sense smiley .

If you understand my description, please I need help.

What is that type of paint called? Does it come in different colours? I have seen it only in black and once in grey (a Honda EoD). Where can I get a good painter here in Port Harcourt?

I want to respray my car with that paint but wouldnt want to change the colour (thats my car below).

Please any help is appreciated. Thanks guys in advance....

Re: Car Paint by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2013
Op do u mean this paint finish? If Yes, then that paint finish is called matte finish it might look good on some cars that have sporty cues and curves but not too good on some other cars because most times it is used on sport cars, coupes etc for your camry, pls use a glossy paint (auto base) because its beauty is more revealing in that glossy paint

Re: Car Paint by timbros(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2013
lomomike: Op do u mean this paint finish? If Yes, then that paint finish is called matte finish it might look good on some cars that have sporty cues and curves but not too good on some other cars because most times it is used on sport cars, coupes etc for your camry, pls use a glossy paint (auto base) because its beauty is more revealing in that glossy paint

YES!!!

Thats exactly what i'm talking about! Thanks for the explanation.

Are you saying it wont look good in my Camry?? I plan to change the rim to alloy and a bigger size too. Wont it give the car that sporty look your talking about?
Re: Car Paint by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2013
timbros:

YES!!!

Thats exactly what i'm talking about! Thanks for the explanation.

Are you saying it wont look good in my Camry?? I plan to change the rim to alloy and a bigger size too. Wont it give the car that sporty look your talking about?

Hehehe I know how it feels when some one disuade me from doing what I've madeup my mind to do. But bro, this Camry is better as just a cruiser. Its not bad changing the tyres to bigger tyres having alloy rims, but becareful about that too so that you don't alter the handling of that car. The best paint job for that car isn't matte finish but gloss. Trust me on this.

1 Like

Re: Car Paint by ollyruffy: 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
If you want a good re-spraying of your car paint in PH, call this guy 07067900186. His name is Princewill. His workshop is in Woji. The guy is above average among other painters in PH.
Re: Car Paint by timbros(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
lomomike:

Hehehe I know how it feels when some one disuade me from doing what I've madeup my mind to do. But bro, this Camry is better as just a cruiser. Its not bad changing the tyres to bigger tyres having alloy rims, but becareful about that too so that you don't alter the handling of that car. The best paint job for that car isn't matte finish but gloss. Trust me on this.

Sorry for late reply. Thanks man for the advice. Will consider it when deciding finally.
Re: Car Paint by timbros(m): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
ollyruffy: If you want a good re-spraying of your car paint in PH, call this guy 07067900186. His name is Princewill. His workshop is in Woji. The guy is above average among other painters in PH.

OK i'm gonna call him asap.

(1) (Reply)

Golf 4 Vs Primera P11-144 / Efficient And Reliable Car / How Much To Clear A Honda Civic 2008 Model Coming From London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.