Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Attracting Bestselling Writers,critics,editors And Publishers To Our Lit Forums. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Attracting Bestselling Writers,critics,editors And Publishers To Our Lit Forums. (515 Views)

Seun Osewa Welldone. There's Now Improvement In Lit.sec / 12 Novels By America’s Bestselling Fiction Author Of All Time Find New Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attracting Bestselling Writers,critics,editors And Publishers To Our Lit Forums. by Obidikejr(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
I still have some thinking to do, some contacts to be made, still initialising a definite plan on how to achieve this, but with time I will.

I was lying on the living room sofa of my home, reading Zuby's biography ( www.nairaland.com/1499252/life-run-season-5-life ) when the thought pass swiftly across my over crowded brain. I scrolled through topics in this forum and noticed some talented writers, and I thought it would be of value to bring to the knowledge of critics, bestselling writers, editors and publishers that they are promising writers here. We need their tips, advices and the sort. And am talking of attracting those professionals from the UK, US and Australia. If a publisher from NY e.g gets interested in your work here on nland, that is he sees a World bestseller in the making and agrees to partner with you to publish your work, imagine what that will mean. On like here, if a publisher from the US, UK or Australia releases your book, you are rest assured it will cut across continents it wont soak up here. Chimamanda's half of a yellow sun gained recognisation in North america, Europe and Africa. Her american publisher (a company, pls not a one man thing) was HQ in NY. Then i got thinking again few days ago, a scenerio were Dean Koontz, John Grisham or Ted Dekker, James Patterson etc supervises your work or their publishers or editors supervises, this are bestselling writers and am not just thinking of bringing them here to nairaland but also bringing you to them. Now for such professionals to give you such time, inviting you to tour their villas and the such, you must have published (released to the market ) atleast one powerful piece ranging from 250-400 pages. If they see such determination in an african especially in such a torn country like ours, they will be move because they hardly see anything good coming out from blacks this days. not the typical 20 page story book with very large prints sold for N150 we see today at the markets.Editors and Critics too, apart from knowing you guys here in nland, you (writers in the forum) need to be known outside too. Bringing in those veterans also means taking you to a larger world of literature in and outside africa with fans around the world.

simply drop your comments and suggestions below and tell me what you think.

before I end this post, I personally recommend Zuby's biography. You might learn a thing or two about life. As for me, I learnt alot.

Obidike Paul C.
Abuja-Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attracting Bestselling Writers,critics,editors And Publishers To Our Lit Forums. by ladionline: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
You definitely have a good vision for the nigerian writer. Unfortunately, the book market is overwhealmed by 'convenient alternatives' that aren't available in the past, such as internet social media, home video and so on. This affect our writers and audience alike.

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s “americanah” Is One Of The New York Times’ 10 Best / The Change You Seek Is Here / Pickes: The Dog Who Won The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.