Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing (744 Views)

Lagosians Query Ambode For This Manhood-Styled Sculpture Under Ikeja Bridge / Looks Like Buhari Is Still Beefing Saraki-check Out Sallah Prayers Vex[pictures] / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 1:04am On Nov 28, 2013
OBJ

OBJ started his career in the late 70's under FMG Records with then co-artist MC Murtala. After MC Murtala's demise from a drive by shooting at the hands of fellow raper Dah Dimka, OBJ became the solo artist for FMG records with several collabos with the likes of MC Yaradau, MKO and IBM. With the danchall scene drifting to the then relatively new Demo Tunes, OBJ's promising career was truncated. It took several decades before OBJ will make a comeback after signing for PDP Records with popular dancehall and club hits such as[i] I dey Kampe[/i], Let Me Clear My throat and the massively successful I dey laff - a direct diss to Atiku.
These hits ensured OBJ maintain the top of the charts for 8 consecutive years. OBJ was also releasing free styled collabos like the massively successful hit Staying Alive featuring Umaru.

Discography:
Let Me clear my throat-1999
No Shaking - 2001
I dey Kampe - 2002
Do or Die - 2003
Get Power? ,then Try Rigging pt 1 - 1999
Staying Alive feat Umaru (Live from dah Carnival) - 2007
I dey Laff (Atiku diss track) - 2007

OBJ has since dropped form and is no longer regarded as the Top artiste under PDP records. Rumours have it that OBJ is into talks with his former early handlers in CIA and MI5 Records in a hope to restart his career.
Pic: OBJ LIVE on Stage

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 1:20am On Nov 28, 2013
Mc Bola
Mc Bola is currently joint founder of APC Records which he currently co-manages with former rival now turned partner Buhari.
APC Records has a diverse mix of artist but no major top hitter and as such the merger of the then ACN and CPC records was a direct response at checking the dominance of PDP records within the Nigerian Music scene.
Mc Bola had tried a stint into recording but never made it to the top charts. Critics have accused him of mouthing off the late Awo's style and looks and have claimed that ACN records was too regional and as such the reason most of earlier and current hits never truly enjoyed National Airplay.
Tinibu's style has been described as lazy sloppy but complicated (think of lil wayne) but he still has a major fan base in the SW (THINK LIL WAYNE AGAIN).
Discography
Bear With Us, this road belongs to federal govt - 2001 ( A diss to then PDP Records as a whole0
Your Money, My Money- 1999 till date
I dey Laff -2007 (a diss to OBJ)
Deportation feat MC Fashol, Ngige

Bola has since stopped releasing albums but has fully concentrated on producing Albums for artiste under his label.
Fashola, Amosun, Remi, Ngige, etc have all had their albums produced by tinibu.

Pic: Tinibu at the last source awards

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 1:31am On Nov 28, 2013
DIYA

Originally signed to SRC Records which later transformed to Abacha Records, Diya was only marginally successful with one hit to which he dedicated to his then boss, Abacha. The jam On bended knee feat Adisa was produced by legendary producer al Mustafa and even featured Abacha in the video. The single was not typical of the hardcore rap albums being produced by SRC and Abacha records and Diya and Adisa were the only RnB artiste on the label.
The single later went on to win several awards at the Oputa Awards and also catered away the prestigious Most Emotional Track award.

Diya has since retired from the music business.

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BabaEleko(m): 5:27am On Nov 28, 2013
It's so sad "Diya" has the worst fall off in the game. The old school died with his likes. The new school; even though they all hate that west coast MC, Mc Bola is still ahead of all other MCs in the game. I am enjoying his latest mixtape with the "PDP rebel squad". I can't wait for his "The Rock Takeover" album to drop in 2015. It's gonn change the game forever. As a hip hop enthusiast I am seriously looking forward to it. I am also looking to see what clique "Don OBJ" is gonn support. His "I dey laff" diss was a classic jam too" I am gearing up for his upcoming single, I'm pretty sure he must have been having studio night session with in house producers and goons from the north side cooking up something never heard before, hopefully not a gospel track. For me I am a west coast niqqa so West side babyyyy! grin
Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:23am On Nov 28, 2013
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by lincy(f): 6:41am On Nov 28, 2013
Bishop Magic: DIYA

Originally signed to SRC Records which later transformed to Abacha Records, Diya was only marginally successful with one hit to which he dedicated to his then boss, Abacha. The jam On bended knee feat Adisa was produced by legendary producer al Mustafa and even featured Abacha in the video. The single was not typical of the hardcore rap albums being produced by SRC and Abacha records and Diya and Adisa were the only RnB artiste on the label.
The single later went on to win several awards at the Oputa Awards and also catered away the prestigious Most Emotional Track award.

Diya has since retired from the music business.
magic Boss u had d mails buf no respond.
Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
lincy: magic Boss u had d mails buf no respond.

I sent you a reply. check ur inbox
Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2013
Abacha and Hit Squad Crew

The late Abacha was joint chair of SRC records before buying (silencing a few) partners out and renaming the defunct SRC records to Abacha Records. Abacha has been described as the realest and hardest core rapper out there ever. He is compared to greats like 2pac and their indications that he might have faked his own death and that he is currently residing in North Korea were he has been rumoured to be seen with fellow int'l hit wonder Kim Jung who actually is no other than Gangman himself.

Abacha also released several hits with the Hit Squad a group signed under his label feat the likes of Al Mustafa and Sgt Rogers. Abacha did a single with then fellow hard core artist now turned gospel singer, Buhari. Abacha's reign lasted for about 5 years and enjoyed massive and dominant airplay nation wide.

Discography:
Step Aside feat Sonekan and produced by IBB - 1994
Who Vote Who 1993 a diss to then rival MKO
Yeaa! feat Kanu - 1996
My General 4 life - feat Mustafa, Jerry Useni
Deal with it! -feat goggles.
Dicktator- feat Indian Girl

Abacha would later release a couple of mainstream club hits such as Indian Girl, My Apple , now Idead!. Athough hugely successful these singles were not popular with Abacha die hard fans who thought he was going soft and sold out.

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by lincy(f): 8:26am On Nov 28, 2013
Bishop Magic:

I sent you a reply. check ur inbox

waz not supos to be a reply for a feedback buf kals plz refer to the mail once more
Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 8:29am On Nov 28, 2013
lincy: waz not supos to be a reply for a feedback buf kals plz refer to the mail once more

pls i dont understand
Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by russellino: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2013
You must be that O.D.B guy! This is classic grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BabaEleko(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Bishop Magic: Abacha and Hit Squad Crew

The late Abacha was joint chair of SRC records before buying (silencing a few) partners out and renaming the defunct SRC records to Abacha Records. Abacha has been described as the realest and hardest core rapper out there ever. He is compared to greats like 2pac and their indications that he might have faked his own death and that he is currently residing in North Korea were he has been rumoured to be seen with fellow int'l hit wonder Kim Jung who actually is no other than Gangman himself.

Abacha also released several hits with the Hit Squad a group signed under his label feat the likes of Al Mustafa and Sgt Rogers. Abacha did a single with then fellow hard core artist now turned gospel singer, Buhari. Abacha's reign lasted for about 5 years and enjoyed massive and dominant airplay nation wide.

Discography:
Step Aside feat Sonekan and produced by IBB - 1994
Who Vote Who 1993 a diss to then rival MKO
Yeaa! feat Kanu - 1996
My General 4 life - feat Mustafa, Jerry Useni
Deal with it! -feat goggles.
Dicktator- feat Indian Girl

Abacha would later release a couple of mainstream club hits such as Indian Girl, My Apple , now Idead!. Athough hugely successful these singles were not popular with Abacha die hard fans who thought he was going soft and sold out.

Abacha was the most vicious MC to ever spit on the mic. So sad he fell for that Indian groupie and got trapped to death.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
russellino: You must be that O.D.B guy! This is classic grin

Re: Nigerian Politicians And Hip-hop Styled Beefing by BishopMagic: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Follow this thread...

More coming up!

(1) (Reply)

2013 World Corruption Index: Nigeria Ranks 144 Among 177 Countries / How Mbazulike Amaechi Hid Mandela From Apartheid Regime In Nigeria / OBJ Vs Gej Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.