Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Victor Moses' Unconvincing Liverpool Career So Far - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses' Unconvincing Liverpool Career So Far (584 Views)

Wayne Rooney At 30: 12 Best Pictures From His Great Career So Far / Rodgers: Balotelli's Liverpool Career Is NOT Over / Gerrard Retires From Three Lions To Concentrate On Liverpool Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses' Unconvincing Liverpool Career So Far by naijanoni(m): 8:59am On Nov 28, 2013
Victor Moses' loan move to Liverpool was suppose to serve as a platform for him to get regular playing time and also to prove a point/some points.To prove to Mourinho that he made a huge mistake in loaning him out and also to prove to the world that he is really a top player.But unfortunately,so far that hasn't been the case.
Moses started out brightly by posting a man-of-the-match performance on his debut against swansea and also scoring a wonderful goal.From that game,many including me thought that he would keep up that performance and go on to be one of best wingers in the EPL this season.
But after that match his performance for liverpool kept on dropping until he found himself on the bench.He is now a bench player/super-sub who only comes in at the dyeing minutes to see out matches.Also the return from injury of some key players like coutinho,Glen Johnson made matters worse.
I was viewing some Liverpool twits recently.I came across one where they were congratulating him for winning the "Nigerian Player Of The Year Award".I clicked to view the replies.I was expecting to see fans congratulating him,but instead I saw fans(most british) slating him.I saw comments like:-"Crap player,i don't know why rodgers got him from chelsea,Was he doing mourinho a favour ?"......"Useless Flop"......"Sitter Misser"................"We don't need moses.sterling and Ibe are 10 times better".
I felt sad for him and asked myself "Na so e bad reach ?".Though british fans can be so mean and hateful.
Some fans argue that moses hasn't been excellent for liverpool because brendan rodgers have been playing him out of position.Playing him in a rather strange No.10 role.
That could be true because he has been STARTED on the wings(his natural position)only TWICE and in those two matches(Swansea and southampton) he was exceptional.But
Some also argue that he should be able to adapt to any role rodgers uses him.
Season is still long though and he still has a lot of time.
But with rumours of liverpool chasing a new winger in january,things might get worse as moses would likely drop further down the pecking order.
This would definately be bad.

Other chelsea players on loan are flourishing.Lukaku is scoring for fun every week,Piazon is scoring every week and is currently among the highest goal scorers in the dutch league.These players are doing more than enough to earn a re-call back to chelsea,but that can't be said of victor moses.If you can't make the 1st XI of liverpool,no way you would make it at chelsea.

If things remain the same or go worse,If he doesn't improve,moses might just be loaned out again next season,this time to a buttom table team if liverpool refuse to keep him.
That would be bad for a player i think has the potentials to be a world beater in future.
Re: Victor Moses' Unconvincing Liverpool Career So Far by eyenCalabar(m): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria World Cup Scores. / 2013: Ronaldo, Messi, Beckham, Others Make Top 10 Richest Footballers' List / Moses Back In The Frame For France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.