Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Mtn Dstv Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Dstv Mobile (16276 Views)

Share Your Own Experience With Mtn Dstv Mobile / All About Mtn Dstv Mobile / How Much Does The Mtn Dstv Nokia 5330 Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 1:06am On Jul 23, 2008
When will the launch of DStv Mobile service happen?

DStv Mobile in Nigeria will take place on Monday 28th April, 2008.

What do I need in order to enjoy DStv Mobile?

DStv Mobile comes exclusive to MTN customers, only. Until 1st July 2008, all you need to do is simply to purchase the DVB-H compatible ZTE F912 mobile phone from an MTN Service Centre. You can also buy your special DStv Mobile MTN SIM.

DVB-H GENERAL BACKGROUND

What is DVB-H?

DVB-H is a technology which stands for Digital Video Broadcast-Handheld. It enables the broadcast of DStv channels to a special mobile phone that has been specially fitted to receive the DVB-H mobile TV signal.

DStv Mobile is a monthly subscription service that also requires a specific type of SIM available only from MTN.

From July 1st 2008, you will need the special DStv MTN SIM and you will also have to subscribe to the DSTv mobile bouquet, in order to access the service. (The Monthly Subscription is FREE, and normal MTNN SIMs can access the service until then!).

For existing customers, in order to retain your number for use with the ZTE F912 mobile phone, you would need to do a SIM swap to the transfer your number to the DSTv Mobile MTN SIM.

Note that the ZTE F912 is compatible with MTN’s 3G service, and that the DSTv Mobile MTN SIM will still support all normal services on the MTN network such as voice calls and sms messages.

You may also decide to retain your old number in your current phone, and use the DStv Mobile MTN SIM in your new ZTE F912, but do remember that Connect 4 Life conditions will continue to apply to the DStv Mobile MTN SIM.

What model phone do I need to receive DStv Mobile?

You need a DStv Mobile compatible phone. ZTE F912 Mobile Phones (also compatible with 3G) have been specially manufactured for this, and are available only from MTN.

How can I get a ZTE F912 phone?

You can get a ZTE F912 phone from selected MTN Service Centres in Lagos and Abuja.

Howmuch does the handset cost?

N45,000,00. Only

What is the subscription fee for DStv Mobile?

DStv Mobile subscription costs N1,500 per month, only, and will give you access to a 10-channel bouquet of your favorite cable TV channels:

CNN; NTA 2; Super Sport 3; Super Sport 9; Super Sport update; Channel O; Cartoon Network; Trinity Broadcast Network; Magic World and African Magic!

Has anybody started using the new Dstv mobile ? Whats your views and complaints ? Does anybody know where i can get the Nokia N77in Abuja ?
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by Derby: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2008
#45,000 that is on the high side cant u not see it on #25,000-#30,000 because i really want to buy it right away
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
thats for the phone. you can buy any phone urself like the nokia n92 and n77 as long as its dvb-h compatible. subscription for the 10 channels per month is N1500 which am sure as time goes on will be reduced. you just need to do a sim swap for your existing sim with the dvb-h compatible sim and you get to keep your same line.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by kulex2k1(m): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2008
@samir101ng
dats a big lie, the dstv mobile works only with the ZTE F912 mobile phone for now maybe later other type of handset will be introduced
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ kulex2k1

Because of the lack of availability of DVB-H compatible phones in the market due to its unique technology, MTN bought the ZTE-F912 mobile phone in large stock and is selling it to its customers so as to increase demand for DSTV Mobile and to create awareness. DVB-H technology is the only way one can watch mobile tv on your handset. Therefore if you have a DVB-H compatible phone apart from the ZTE-F912 and you have a fully avtivated DVB-H sim , i dont see any reason why you can't use your phone on the network. Its like saying you can't use GPRS or 3G even if you have a compatible phone and activated line. Infact if you watch DSTV, you will see the DSTV Mobile advertisement by Thomas Mulambo of Supersport and it even includes the LG-U900. But MTN is not selling that but that doesnt mean it wont work on the network if it fulfills all the necessary conditions. Its like cutting your nose to spite your face. Later. grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by kulex2k1(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2008
@samir101ng
This is naija and the only fone MTN introduced for DSTV is the ZTE F912 mobile phone. i never said its not possible to use another fone for DSTV mobile and for ur information these fones are encorded.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2008
@samir101ng
that is a big lie, the dstv mobile works only with the ZTE F912 mobile phone for now maybe later other type of handset will be introduced

Now you are changing your tune. the fact that mtn is only selling the ZTE-F912 to its customers doesn't mean that others wont work. As you mentioned this phones are probably encoded so why will i subject myself to this kind of control by a network that's supposed to provide me the service i want. it reminds me of the time when there where no gsm phones in the market and mtn was selling its own branded phones that could only work on the mtn network. but there still where other phones which could and are still working on the network. Please tell us what type of technology mtn is deploying to specificaly bar other phones from using this service even if its compatible. this will hurt their business as they are looking for more customers to subscribe to the service. Guy, get yourself a dvb-h phone and watch your premiership matches live on your mobile.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by dennizman(m): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2008
dear brethrens,this issue isnt one to raise vocal bottles over, actually,as supposed,all phones with the dvb-h tech should access the dstv funct. but mtn paticularly had the zte phones encrypted, hence for now, not all fones with the funct can view it, i own the zte phone too
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 1:00am On Jul 28, 2008
dear brethrens,this issue isnt one to raise vocal bottles over,

Actually, he started it by stating that it was a blatant lie. When debating with someone i prefer convincing arguments than outright outbursts with no supporting facts. People should me more mature when replying.

actually,as supposed,all phones with the dvb-h tech should access the dstv funct.

Simple logic

but mtn paticularly had the zte phones encrypted, hence for now, not all fones with the funct can view it, i own the zte phone too

Now you are contradicting yourself. Are you saying MTN encrypted the ZTE phones to only work with the dstv mobile or the dvb-h network against other users with dvb-h comptible phones ? Please clarify and tells what technology they are deploying to specifically bar other users without the ZTE phones. Note please, i am here to be enlightened and informed so please don't take offense. Bring facts.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by talk2medo(m): 2:01am On Jul 28, 2008
na wa o! Oh boy u dey vex?
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2008
@ talk2medo

ma guy nobody dey vex o grin grin grin Just difference in opinions grin grin grin Abi you wan join us grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by brinebaba(m): 12:09am On Jul 29, 2008
Dude,can d fone be paired with a pc.i mean can u watch d stations on pc connected wit d fone
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by samir101ng(m): 12:57am On Jul 29, 2008
if your phone has an s-video or any video outlet i don't see any reason why not. However, i think this will be a feature specific to a particular phone model or manufacturer. Google for more info.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by brinebaba(m): 1:01am On Jul 29, 2008
Nevamind.i jst did dat.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by donkrist02: 3:37pm On Feb 13, 2009
if you need the dstv to be installed into your phone all you have to do is to call me and i will send the software into your your phone from the web and you can strat enjoying the dstv on your phone for free.

AM CHRISTIAN
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by ericom: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hi guys,
Is it possible to connect zte f912 to your pc to watch TV from there.If its possible pls help out.

thanks undecided
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by femi80: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2010
@Donkrist02, ar u trying to advertise ur product or what?
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by hooged: 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2010
C dis dude comentin on a year 4months old thread.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by dolu2007(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2010

Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by Binsule(m): 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2010
@samir101ng you are absolutely right you know. What the official site of these particular network are regarding is the Dvb-h compartable phone not a specific make or model. I don't just know why some people argue on what they had less knowladge of. Sai hauka kawai.
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by cambeen(f): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
How do i launch mobile TV application on my Nokia 5330 handset
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by venorite(m): 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
cambeen: How do i launch mobile TV application on my Nokia 5330 handset
Aunty where u go dig this thread from?
Re: Mtn Dstv Mobile by calabaman(m): 7:06am On Apr 06, 2013
cambeen: How do i launch mobile TV application on my Nokia 5330 handset
Gimme ur num and I wud send it †̥☺ u via sms! Cheers

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Airtel 1.5gb With #50 And 500mb With #25 July 2016 / My Samsung Android Phone Is Not Browsing-HELP ME PLEASE! / How Long Does Your Mobile Phone Battery Lasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.