Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,156 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. (40940 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Greatpooss(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Origin: Ibie(Edo). Name: Omokhagbor. Meaning: child is life.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by c4sam(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mine is Abiola meaning we born riches
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by shizzle11(m): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
lorretta u: Ugochi

It means the majesty/glory of God.

k. that's my feminine namesake. Thanks Loretta grin
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yejide- mother has risen

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by shizzle11(m): 11:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
Aliyuozioma: mine is Ozioma meaning a child dats wel born

are you from edo state?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by shizzle11(m): 11:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
lorretta u: Ozioma means good news
Woris dis

kuphid:

Ozioma is 'good news' in Igbo language...where are you from?

she is not Igbo.

correct me if I'm wrong. you're Edo right?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by isalegan2: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Isale-Gangan = Rock hard bottom. grin
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tutaboi(m): 12:39am On Nov 30, 2013
Annie2gud: Am Isoko by Tribe....mine is Sebakeoghene meaning.....GOD's Property.
pls is dat a botanical name?

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by FrenchyL(m): 12:54am On Nov 30, 2013
Hi folks. Mine is Opubor and it meansBig man smiley smiley
#NigerDeltaNames

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Godstot001: 1:00am On Nov 30, 2013
mine is chinelotam.meaning:God remembers me.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by igboboy1(m): 1:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Adaobi12: Lets have some fun. Whats your native name,and whats the meaning? Mine is, ADAOBI,meaning, first daughter of a chief. Drop urz pls!!
Are you igbo? how can you say adaobi is first daughter of a chief ?

Ada quite alright is given to the first daughter, but it doesn't have to be a chief biko...una go dey remix native meaning
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by igboboy1(m): 1:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Adaobi12: In my language ur name is called, akuchi,or akuchukwu.
I thought Akuchi or Akuchuwku is God's wealth and not God's property?

Nkechi would more be in line with God's property...

Maybe you igbo dialect is just totally different from what I am used to.

First you said Adaobi is the first daughter of a chief now it is akuchi is God'd property...Na wa o..who dey teach you igbo?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Antivirus92(m): 3:54am On Nov 30, 2013
are u a muslim? And u got the interpretation of ur name wrong. Ozioma means GOOD NEWS!. I am not sure you are igbo

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by igboboy1(m): 5:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Antivirus92: are u a muslim? And u got the interpretation of ur name wrong. Ozioma means GOOD NEWS!. I am not sure you are igbo

nna i tire o...all these igbos just dey remix the meaning of their names abi are these not igbo names?
Maybe it is Idoma, cos some of their names sound igbo

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by cynhamscakes(f): 5:45am On Nov 30, 2013
Ifeoma meaning good thing. From Umunede, Delta state.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2013
From the Uneme tribe of Edo state, my native name is "RekpemhinOghene" translated as give thanks/praise to God.

3 Likes

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2013
I answer the name,and i wil tel you what it means. Nkechi means,GOD'S OWN. Names can mean different things,to different people. PROPERTY AND WEALTH,ARE BOTH CALLED AKU IN IGBO.
igbo boy:

First you said Adaobi is the first daughter of a chief now it is akuchi is God'd property...Na wa o..who dey teach you igbo?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by ozombadiwe: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2013
shocked she no be pure Igbo girl. She from delta state, that's what they call themselves
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Ajagun1(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2013
bad meat: Ikwerre by Tribe!OROHUO,the house won't get lost!I.e the lineage
d last i checked ikwerre people are of igbo tribe but in rivers state so why do u people hate been called igbo

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by otiigba1(m): 9:30am On Nov 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin Armstrong= (igbo) Amu shiri ike = strong paynis
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by otiigba1(m): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2013
igbo boy:

angry nna odikwa egwu o! nwannem
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tana4gud(f): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2013
onimcee1: I am from Igarra in Edo state. My name is Oshiomoshofu meaning God is great.
Igarra....as in Etuno or 1 of d towns around??
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tana4gud(f): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2013
smiley
josssie: Am from Edo state, Mine is Oshomuzameh, (God stand for me)
pls where exactly are u 4rm...I think I have found my bRoda.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by tana4gud(f): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2013
Antivirus92: are u a muslim? And u got the interpretation of ur name wrong. Ozioma means GOOD NEWS!. I am not sure you are igbo
I think he is an Ebira person 4rm kogi state.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Kelvin0(m): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2013
m from Edo state.......otuo by tribe. my native name iz "OIZE" meaning fearless. badoo cool
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by adaorap(f): 10:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Adaobi12: Lets have some fun. Whats your native name,and whats the meaning? Mine is, ADAOBI,meaning, first daughter of a chief. Drop urz pls!!

not everyone that answers ada is the first. Please kindly remove that first because i have seen several people answering that name yet they are not the first daughter
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Annie2gud(f): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2013
So Stale
tuta boi: pls is dat a botanical name?
no its a terrestria Name.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Annie2gud(f): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2013
See Em fighting over My Name(Sebake-Oghene).Lol
Adaobi12: I answer the name,and i wil tel you what it means. Nkechi means,GOD'S OWN. Names can mean different things,to different people. PROPERTY AND WEALTH,ARE BOTH CALLED AKU IN IGBO.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
adaorap:

not everyone that answers ada is the first. Please kindly remove that first because i have seen several people answering that name yet they are not the first daughter
Adaobi is for first daughters, it means "first daughter of the compound/family". Other Ada names like Adaora, Adaeze, Adamma, Adanna/Adannaya, Adaku are usually given to any daughter, doesn't matter whether she is first or last.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by bikinibabe(f): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
mine is adebisi = born in a royal household kiss
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Jemstone: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
i have two names: tribe:ebira name: ahuoiza meaning: steps of blessing the second one: tribe: ogoja name: wofai: meaning: peace
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Pepsie(f): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Iember (joy) in Tiv

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names / How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.