Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Nigerian Sports Award 'Upsets' Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Sports Award 'Upsets' Okocha (539 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Top 7 Most Beautiful Nigerian Sports Women / NSC Facebook Page (Nigerian Sports Commission Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Sports Award 'Upsets' Okocha by irririchris(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Former Super Eagles skipper, Austin Jay Jay Okocha has expressed regret over the Nigerian Sports Award which has come long after his retirement from active football, saying, "I am upset by the organisers."

Believing that he could perhaps, have won it several times before his retirement, Okocha who presented a plaque to Victor Moses, winner of the 2013 Nigerian Footballer of the Year Award said, "I am upset by the organisers . Why did they not come when we were playing?" Laughter followed.

Back to the business at hand, the former Bolton Wanderers captain defended the choice of Moses as winner of the Nigerian Footballer of the Year Award. "I totally agree with the voters who picked Moses for the award," he said.

Continuing, Okocha said, "This was a young man many thought would not cope with African football. But he came in and blended seamlessly to help Nigeria win the Africa Cup of Nations.

I know all the other nominees - Mikel Obi and Sunday Mba - deserve their mention, but there has to be one winner. Victor Moses is a worthy winner
Re: Nigerian Sports Award 'Upsets' Okocha by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
okay

(1) (Reply)

Messi, Ribery, C.ronaldo Final Three In Ballon D'or / Yayatoure Won Africa Player Of The Year / Eagles Set Bonus Row Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.