Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian (29047 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Olugbenger(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Idrismusty97: My father is a muslim,my mum a Christian. No one ever bother me for a religion so i choose Christianity. People that are taking religion too seriously are the people destroying our country.Jesus never said he came to bring a religion in the bible.This days we are fighting for our gods instead of our gods to fight for us.

Tell that to the evil nairaland muslims.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Psychedelia(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

In fact, it's pretty funny to me how Africans are ever so willing to kill themselves over religions wey no be even dem create.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by SELFWORTH: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Joyeux: A strong fanatic christain cannot marry a strong fanatic muslim.it can only happen if one of them is not strong in his/her faith.

....Agreed. This will only work as one of them is none serving. Which means one of them is a hypocrite.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by SELFWORTH: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
jammyunn: My fiance is a core muslim lady and we've made our decisions on how things should be.

....I hope you have also made a decision about how you will split your earnings too when you divorce because you are simply storing up problems for the future.

How will your own'two' because one?
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by olufemi26(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
My ex gf is a muslim and I regretted asking her out all because of this religion thing. I loved her but I had to be sincere with myself.
Please let's call a spade a spade, IT CAN'T WORK. Forget about love, think about your children and family. This is something we can avoid in the first instance.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dereformer:

Why is Jesus (AS) and muhammed (SAW)?

I think it goes to show that islam is a religion of terrorists.

pls don't kill me with laff. grin you're so funny!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by SELFWORTH: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
phr33man: For me, i see nothing bad in marrying a muslim and vice versa if there's enough communication and sound understanding. Afterall, we all serve the same God bt different medium. Never 4get dat ds religious issue started 4rm d sons of Abraham ishmael (son of maid) and isaac (son of sarah) abrahams wife. That's why the muslims believe they are messengers of God/Allah while xtians children of God. If any1 thinks is superior den he/she should leave d battle for his/her God. But i strongly anybody can marry any1 irrespective of their believe. As a mata of fact, dey can get married n go with their different believes.

You are definitely not a Christian. You certainly do not know anything about the Bible.

I am a Bible believing Christian and certainly don't serve the God you described above or a Muslim God.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Audukaya: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
almar'atu ala dini zaujiha. Meaning a woman is on the religion of her husband._hadith.
Then you can chose.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Burger01(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
In the past religion was never a barrier to marriage. Nowadays, the opposite is the vogue due to misinformation, disinformation, and religion intolerance especially from our Islam bethrens. Love was all that mattered most then... not anymore.

sad
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Perfecter4real(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by UjSizzle(f): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
If she's willing to convert to Christianity in name only, or if he's willing to let her practice her religion then I don't see why not.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Orikinla(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yes.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by zeelo2014: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
hafees: I am sure this will generate another hate spitting debates- somebody have started with calling muslims terrorists or i cannot marry a muslim low IQ statements

I am a muslim Yoruba and i married an ibo girl, she is now a muslim (a very good muslim). Its simple: you marry the man you marry into the religion.

But in all, we are all from the same Adam n Eve, let stop venting with hatred.
An Igbo lady? That ur wife loves u ooo. Abi are u very rich? (no offense). Pls pamper her well oo. Will like to know the war u waged with her family cos there must be a fight, for sure.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Perfecter4real(m): 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
illicit: Why not? Religious people are just so shortsighted, am a muslim but not religious, my fiancee is a xtian (and a NLander too) and will always be until she decides otherwise, my children can take any religion they wish.......
Love supercedes tribe, religion or class, love is what matters, the bible said love ur neighbours and i knw muslims who married xtian wives, its an impossibility for the whole world to worship the same God, so we got to intermarry
i guess these were the same lies you told her,,,i pity the poor girl,after two years of marriage..u will go & marry one of ur muslim sister then you & ur family members will start calling ur first wife all kinds of names,like unbeliver... I reside in the north,so i knw all the tricks you guys play on naive Christian girls

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by saifuhot: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Dude im speaking from the perspective of a Nigerian and a Tribal.

Tribe comes before these (foreign religions), ESPECIALLY when we are talking about marriage.

once muslim is metioned. Then know that Islam comes b4 native culture
PAGAN 9JA:

Tribe comes before these (foreign religions), ESPECIALLY when we are talking about marriage.

PAGAN 9JA:

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Ajibel(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
If they really love each other, y shouldnt they marry I'm a Muslim buh not a fanatic buh tolerant so i have no problem seeing my relative or future kids marrying non-muslims if they so wish. I dont care whatever Islamic scholar say to that being against Islamic tenets. God knows why he created us to co-exist. Nothing stops Him from annihilating a religious sect cuz they are false.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by luckman20(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Muslims should marry Muslims and Christian should marry Christians that's how we can live in peace
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Muslims should care and pay great attention to what God says in the Quran. It is not permissible for muslim woman who believes in God to marry outside Islam. And the man who thinks that he doesn't care because he is not a fanatic, the reality is that belief does not have to be fanatical to be obedient to the rule. Allah says this is a nation of the middle course.

and when i look at that, even though i do not have any opinion but follow the order, women in general are easily persuaded by men in their lives. the father is the head when she is a child. her brothers dominates her, even if she is many years older because when the male achieves full strength by his age, his sisters are now going to listen to him, older and younger, both. when she married, she assume the very role her mother lived when she was a child.

most husbands turns the wives upside down to worship what the husbands worship. how do you as a muslim woman marries a man who does not believe in your Creator, His Books, especially the last Book and the Prophets, especially the last one [SA]? so you will make salah and he doesn't and you read many things about Kafirun abd you are a wife to one. Subhannallah. Allah says no and that is it if you truly accept Islam.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by mystery001(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Unfortunately OP the position of Islam is that a muslim female cannot marry a non- muslim. This is a well known principle in Islam and agreed upon by the major Islamic school of thoughts. No modernization can change that. A Muslim man can only marry a non-muslim woman if she belongs to a religion with a revelation book. E.g the christians and jews.
Culture? Unfortunately Islam supersedes any form of culture that contradicts the teachings of Islam. If you marry a non-muslim man because your culture permits it is invariably you saying that u do not believe in what Islam teaches.
Why? Basically it is to protect the woman who by design is generally seen as the second in command in a marriage and never the captain. The woman is delicate and hence marrying a non-muslim is a threat to her religion. Other reasons stems from the fact that the children are expected to be muslims.
There are many reasons for this. Some very logical and few appear to be illogical to modernism and probably feminism or the whole idea of Human rights. BUT religion is a matter of conviction and should never be questioned or subjected to human reasoning, intelligence and logic

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
My aunt a christian got married to a muslim and the family lived peacefully and the children choose christianity.

If this topic was to be in the islam section, many people would've been ban, i am not a fanatics, i am a christian not just by name, i believe That Jesus died for me at calvary, i have good muslim friends and even extended family members.

But those mods in the islamic section are little terrorist, intolerant set of people that think they can fight for God by banning people, God has been fighting his battle by himself from time immemorial, He doesn't need you to fight for him when someone insult him, most of you(Mods)in the islamic section just intolerant.

Especially that Deols of a lady, i was banned for asking a simple question, i didn't not insult anyone or anybody, i am not crazy to insult God or any prophet you serve but you chose to banned me till 2014 for your intolerant attitude.

I pray that God will forgive and give you the spirit of tolerance.

Seun, this is a public forum, and most public forum only Ban people if they threathen others with Death, Rape and others. Work on your Mods in Islam section.

I wish i can see Deols face to face and tell her my mind.

P:S You will hardly see them commenting on this moderate thread because they don't have power to ban here.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by cuber86: 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

bro you so STALE, we talking religion you talking tribalism!
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Drsnives(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sermwell: Wait lemme ask the gods?

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by Ediss(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Waiting do make me think am self say I go marry Muslim woman

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by toaspromo(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
IT IS UNISLAMIC EVEN THE QURAN STIPULATE THAT MUSLIM SHOULD MARRY MUSLIMA NON MUSLIM SHOULD MARRY NON MUSLIMS ADULTERER SHOULD MARRY ADULTERESS AND SO ON
ANY MUSLIMA WHO MARRIES A NON MUSLIM IS ABSOLUTELY OUT OF ISLAM EVEN IF SHE OBSERVE ISLAMIC CONDUCTS OR PRAY SOLAT SHE MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED BY ALLAH SO IT IS NOT ADVISABLE TO ATTEND THE WEDDING CEREMONY AS A MUSLIM COS ALLAH WOULD HATE THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO D SUCCESS OF SUCH WEDDING
WALLAHU AALAM

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by anochuko01(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Deen4me: Hypocrisy of the highest Level

Christian and Muslim marriage

If the two of you get married.

By the standards of both religions One of the partners is going to spend an eternity in Hell.

This is where i am lost how can you claim you love someone ,have children with someone, spend a lifetime with someone and you both know that the other is going to Hell in the next life.

Love Indeed !

Awon oni iranu tongue

BTW Islam does not recognise as marriage a muslim woman to a non muslim man,

As far as Islam is concerned they are committing fornication
God bless you! I dnt knw if u're a christain or not but this is the best answer one can possibly give.
As a xtrian, i had a muslim GF bt we separatd because of religion (i gave my life to Christ, and she's also a devoted muslim). Bt i'm now praying 4 her salvatn nt because i want to marry her, BUT FOR HER TO MAKE HEAVEN JUST because I TRULLY LOVE HER. For me, dats the height of LOVE. (and God will surely reveal Himself to her IJN, AMEN)
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by sakaguchi(m): 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
toaspromo: IT IS UNISLAMIC EVEN THE QURAN STIPULATE THAT MUSLIM SHOULD MARRY MUSLIMA NON MUSLIM SHOULD MARRY NON MUSLIMS ADULTERER SHOULD MARRY ADULTERESS AND SO ON
ANY MUSLIMA WHO MARRIES A NON MUSLIM IS ABSOLUTELY OUT OF ISLAM EVEN IF SHE OBSERVE ISLAMIC CONDUCTS OR PRAY SOLAT SHE MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED BY ALLAH SO IT IS NOT ADVISABLE TO ATTEND THE WEDDING CEREMONY AS A MUSLIM COS ALLAH WOULD HATE THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO D SUCCESS OF SUCH WEDDING
WALLAHU AALAM

Wow!
if that's what Allah said, then God will punish Allah one of this days.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by eluquenson(m): 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Its a bad idea
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by soulglo: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
martronilla: A Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian
woman, but a Christian man is not permitted
to marry a Muslim woman.
I remember hearing an interview on the
radio with a Muslim, a few years ago. As the
interview began, the host asked the Muslim
guest whether he was married. He replied
that Islam is so open and tolerant that he is
married to a Christian. Islam means equality
and no discrimination.

This is true. I dated a Muslim Fulani man and he told me that. I thought he was lying at first just to get a second date grin . He was almost perfect. Very gentle.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by soulglo: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fashola is muslim and his wife christian.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by sakaguchi(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
sakaguchi:

Wow!
if that's what Allah said, then God will punish Allah one of this days.

But since they say God and Allah are same, I doubt he ever said so, if he so much hates unbelievers, he would easily annihilate them from the earth.
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by toaspromo(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
Audukaya: almar'atu ala dini zaujiha. Meaning a woman is on the religion of her husband._hadith.
Then you can chose.

ONLY IN OTHER RELIGIONS BUT NOT IN ISLAM
REMEMBER WE ARE ALL GUIDIANCE AND WE WILL ALL BE ASKED HOW WE MEET ISLAM HOW WE DO ISLAM AND HOW WE LEFT ISLAM
ONE HADITH SAYS IF YOUR ACTS RESEMBLES ANY KIND OF RELIGION THEN YOU HAVE BECOME ONE OF THEM
Re: Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian by rahamAllah: 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
martronilla: A Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian
woman, but a Christian man is not permitted
to marry a Muslim woman.
I remember hearing an interview on the
radio with a Muslim, a few years ago. As the
interview began, the host asked the Muslim
guest whether he was married. He replied
that Islam is so open and tolerant that he is
married to a Christian. Islam means equality
and no discrimination.
However, the quick-minded interviewer
asked him if Islam allows a Jewish man or a
Christian man to marry a Muslim woman.
The guest’s enthusiasm dropped a little. He
had to concede that Islam does not allow
this. The radio host pressed home the point,
saying that the guest’s first statement was a
little misleading, wasn’t it? They argued for a
moment or two. Then, if I recall correctly, the
radio host sensed his guest’s unease and
changed the subject.
A short article from a Muslim website,
representing many others, says about
religiously mixed marriages:
It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to
marry a non-Muslim man.
It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a
Christian/Jewish woman strictly under these
two conditions:
1. She is a true Christian/Jew – not by
name and/or ancestral background.
2. She did not renegade from Islam and
become a Christian/Jew.
Why is marriage allowed in only one
direction? Maybe seventh-century Arab
culture will answer this question. Perhaps
the Quran itself does not honor women,
married or not.
What does the New Testament say on the
matter?
The Quran
For the historical and literary topical context
of this next sura (chapter), please click here.
The Quran in Sura 5:5 says:
. . . Likewise you are permitted to marry
chaste believing women [Muslims] or chaste
women among the people who were given
the Scripture [Jews and Christians] . . . .
(Maududi, vol. 1, p. 427)
This verse, as noted, says that Islam permits
Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women
who are Christians and Jews, but a Jewish
or Christian man may not marry a Muslim
woman. (In this article I will address only the
Christian community.) What is the rationale
behind the ruling?
Beyond any doubt, Islam is patriarchal, so a
Muslim man must have final control in the
relationship. For example, Sura 4:34 says
that a husband may hit his wife, but no
verse in the Quran says a wife may hit her
husband—as if domestic violence in any
form is acceptable.
It may be true that Muhammad at first
respected Judaism and Christianity, but he
turned against them later on in his life, as
seen in this article and this one. So this
means that in seventh-century Arab culture
a Muslim man may dominate his wife or
wives, but not a Christian man who would
dominate his Muslim wife.
Islam allegedly is the best and final religion
for all humankind, and the Muslim man may
convert his submissive wife. Perhaps in
Muhammad’s mind no woman could ever
convert a Muslim man, if he is a
traditionalist. Today, this is especially true if
he comes from a hard line region in an
Islamic country or a hard line Muslim family.
Therefore, Christian women must be careful
about marrying Muslim men. Islam does not
give the same rights to women as it does to
men. In fact, the Quran clearly says that
women are inferior to men.
Further, to be blunt, but also factual, Islam
generally is a cruel and harsh slave-master.
This article shows that Muslim men are
permitted to have sex with their slave-girls.
This article gives the top ten reasons why
Islam is not the religion of peace. And this
article offers the top ten reasons why
Islamic law is bloody and excessive—six
hundred years after Jesus showed us a
better way. Finally, this article gives the top
ten rules in the Quran that oppress and
insult women. Islam, as the whole world
knows by many, many reports, does not
honor women.
Therefore, Christians must not trade in the
eternal Son of God who sets people free
today and offers the love of God, for a
human and mortal messenger Muhammad
(Suras 3:144; 39:30; 41:4), who is too often
cruel and harsh and misogynistic. Islam
does not honor women.
If a Christian woman marries a Muslim, but
holds on to her beliefs, such as the Sonship
and Lordship of Christ, then ipso facto she
holds on to a false belief and may be
considered a "heretic" or an "infidel," if the
Quran and traditional Islamic theology are
followed consistently.
Also, would the children be Muslims or
Christians, or secular? The answer is clear, if
Islam is followed consistently.
What kind of marriage would this be?
Where is the spiritual connection and
agreement between husband and wife and
God?
The New Testament
The New Testament starts the soon-to-be
married couple on an equal footing in the
selection of a mate.
The New Testament in 1 Corinthians 7:39
says that a Christian woman may marry only
a Christian man (and vice-versa) (see also 2
Corinthians 6:14-18). At first glance, this
divine counsel seems too restrictive, but
looked at more deeply, it demonstrates a lot
of wisdom. If a married couple starts their
walk together with the same faith and
theology, then this takes the pressure off of
possibly converting the partner to the
other’s faith. One partner does not have to
"evangelize" the other partner. Neither
partner starts off as an "infidel" or "heretic."
In Biblical Christianity, the man and the
woman must have a deep, spiritual
relationship with Jesus Christ, individually,
through the power of the Holy Spirit before
they become one flesh in marriage. This
means their spiritual intimacy with the Lord
will be shared in the couple’s own intimacy
with each other.
Also, this true spiritual equality takes away
any patriarchy. The woman already agrees
with the husband in matters of religion, so
what need does he have to control the
relationship and lay down religious law?
In a way, Islam acknowledges this
restriction when it forbids a Muslim from
marrying a polytheist or idolater (Sura
2:221). They are too far apart theologically.
Likewise, though neither religion is
polytheistic, Islam and Christianity are too
far apart theologically and spiritually, notably
in Muhammad’s denial of the Sonship of
Jesus Christ, an essential, non-negotiable
doctrine in Christianity. Islam wrongly
demotes Jesus to a mere prophet. The New
Testament everywhere affirms the Sonship
of Christ.
On a heart-felt level, the Muslim does not
receive the Holy Spirit because he does not
receive Christ as Savior and Lord. In fact,
Islamic theology erroneously reduces the
Holy Spirit to the angel Gabriel. This means
that a marriage between a Muslim and a
Christian would be unequal. And this is risky
for the Christian, since she would be most
vulnerable to a particularly strong patriarchy
that may rear its ugly head later on in the
marriage.
Remember, the Quran gives permission to
husbands to hit their wives if the husbands
merely fear high handedness or rebellion in
their wives (Sura 4:34).
Besides this practical reason, if a Christian
understands the New Testament, then he or
she must not marry a Muslim, for spiritual
and theological reasons.
A Christian couple must keep spiritual unity.
They must raise their children in spiritual
harmony, as followers of Christ.
Am very sure you are presently living an unhappy life.
I just want to wish you all the best ahead.
Live wise, live Islam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emmanuel And James Nwokeji, Identical Twins Ordained Catholic Priests In Imo / Pastor Adeboye In Ojoto, Anambra For Crusade & Dedication Of RCCG Building / Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.