Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,618 members, 7,851,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

Still On Collapsed Buildings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On Collapsed Buildings (396 Views)

Coroner's Verdict On Collapsed Synagogue Building Judicial Ravings, Rape ‎ / Photo: Police Woman Reportedly Collapsed Today At A Polling Unit In Abeokuta / Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Still On Collapsed Buildings by initiate: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
There is a story (see below) about a country in Europe where the the Prime Minister resigned after taking responsibility for a the collapse of a building. After consoling the bereaved the next question is can this happen in Nigeria? Can Fashola and the others resign for this same reason? the answer is a big no. We are quick to say that its not characteristic of Nigerians to resign, but the main reason is that our leaders are not there to serve us but to RULE over us, like colonial masters. Their attitude of African leader is that I'm here because I beat you to it and it is my turn to chop, and I will chop well,
The average politician engages in all sorts of corrupt and criminal and diabolic activities to get there, and thus ruling is do or die. So what do we do? we need to reduce the money accruable to the rulers, and make it less attractive to greedy do or die criminals.

Someone said that they say power corrupts, but it is more true that power attracts the corruptible. This would be true of 95% of Nigerians

Valdis Dombrovskis (born 5 August 1971) is a Latvian politician who served as Prime Minister of Latvia from 2009 until 2013, when he resigned. Dombrovskis resigned as Prime Minister on 27 November 2013 following the Riga supermarket roof collapse in which 54 people were killed. He announced that a new government is needed with support from the parliament after the tragedy and all related circumstances. His spokesman said that "the government takes political responsibility for the tragedy", while the country's president Andris Bērziņš called "on all who look to the future to assess their responsibility and act accordingly

(1) (Reply)

Stella Oduah’s Armoured Cars Will Buy 51 Police Patrol Vehicles' -gov Fashola / Opposition To A Drunken Kleptocracy: / ASUU Dares FG Over Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.