Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,531 members, 7,823,312 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Mikel Is Nigeria's Best – Ismaila Mabo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Is Nigeria's Best – Ismaila Mabo (524 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Is Nigeria's Best – Ismaila Mabo by sweetiePe(f): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2013

The former Super Falcons tactician has expressed his preference for the Chelsea midfielder as the country's most outstanding player of 2013
Former Super Falcons head coach Ismaila Mabo has tipped John Mikel Obi to win the Goal Nigeria Player of the Year award, insisting the Super Eagles' midfielder pipped his compatriot, Vincent Enyeama to the award from his own standpoint.

Mabo was the first Nigerian coach till date to lead the country's senior female team to the quarter final of the World Cup after the heroics of his team at the 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup hosted by the United States.

In a chat with Goal, the former international revealed that Mikel was exceptional in 2013 and so deserves to be Nigeria's best this year.

Though it took him time to finally decide his choice as the country's shinning light in 2013, Mabo noted that Mikel had a slight edge over Enyeama and so should be recognised as the one for the award.

Mabo also listed other Eagles stars whom he reckoned have had a fantastic year for their club and country but he said the experience of Mikel and Enyeama made them stand out as Nigeria's best exports to Europe this year.

"Who am I going to pick now? It is a very difficult one for me but I feel Mikel should get the award ahead of Enyeama,” Mabo told Goal.

Both have been outstanding for both club and Nigeria but to me, Mikel has been more productive for the country. He has won several titles with Chelsea and also led Nigeria to the pinnacle of African football when we won the AFCON in South Africa," he said.

http://www.rosyside.com/pt/Mikel-is-Nigerias-best--Ismaila-Mabo-11.29.2013/discussion.htm
Re: Mikel Is Nigeria's Best – Ismaila Mabo by waleadex(m): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
I agree with this.
Re: Mikel Is Nigeria's Best – Ismaila Mabo by safarigirl(f): 10:37am On Nov 30, 2013
As long as Enyeama gets CAF African footballer of the Year, I'm good. He has done enough to deserve an award this year. If he's able to break that Ligue1 record, that award must be his.

(1) (Reply)

England Down To No.13 In FIFA World Rankings As Spain And Germany Stay Top / Avb No Longer In Charge @ Spurs / Neymar Transfer To Barca In Controversy – Court Gives Rosell Five Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.