₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,277,236 members, 4,990,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2019 at 04:07 AM

Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers (410 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / This Kind Of Song On My Pastor' Wifey's Playlist- Right Or Wrong? / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers by Ninejaywon(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
I was in a church recently and during its prayer session the pastor started praying some kind of funny prayers like
May the lightening of progress strike you down
May the building of posperity crumble on you
May the train of favour crush you down
May the hurricane of God's blessings blow you away
I could just go on and on but the funny thing was that the church members were just chanting amen.Oh boy i refuse to say AMEN to any of those prayers.
Assuming yourself to be in my position what will you do?
Re: Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers by Goshen360(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin shocked grin

Deceiving members with vain words. angry
Re: Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers by Godmouth(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
The pastor may be sincere in his heart to bless his members. Having said that: the intercessory attitude and language is suspect. I wouldn't say amen if I am involved in such a meeting/gathering.
Re: Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers by mumumugu(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2013
Amen
Re: Can You Say Amen To This Kind Of Prayers by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 01, 2013
Choi! Choi!! Choi!!! grin grin grin

Op! You can lie ooo...

(1) (Reply)

Catholics Begin A New Year, (year A). As Today Marks The First Day Of Advent / Spending New Year Eve In Church: Myth Or Choice? / Things You Ought To Know Before You Turn 30...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.