Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". (835 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Edo Stowaway Boy To Drop Out Over Oshiomole’s Refusal To Pay School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by ba7man(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
It seems there are a group of people that want to overflog this issue of Oshiomole's statement.

Power intoxicates, Power corrupts. Every sane person knows this so those in power have a big responsibilty to maintain their integrity while holding positions of power. Nigeria is full of past examples of Leaders that abused this position.

Most of our past leaders didn't have to utter that same statement Oshiomole did to expose the fact they don't care about the populace they govern.

I was initially angry at the fact that Oshiomole could make such a statement but after his apology, i believe he has admitted his folly and is truely sorry...........but when some people choose to milk the situation to the maximum, it makes them appear "DESPERATE" to paint Oshiomole in a bad light.

Looking at Oshiomole's record in Edo State, his election as Governor marked a new begining in the State. He has shown that he is truely commited to effecting a positive change while dealing with lawlesness at the same time so I'll excuse his slip of tongue and attitude in attending to his responsibilities.

But to people that think the opposition's "alleged" gesture of giving out N250,000 can automatically erase his efforts in Edo-State, I'll conclude that its this kind of "SENTIMENTAL" thought process that holds this Country down.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
He was only sorry because he got caught.

As I said in another thread, actions like this are easily rationalized until YOU are caught in the crossfire.

Am I allowed to say that we should overlook the N255B car scandal because of Oduah's good works in the aviation industry?

1 Like

Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by ba7man(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
nnenna.1:
He was only sorry because he got caught.

As I said in another thread, actions like this are easily rationalized until YOU are caught in the crossfire.

Am I allowed to say that we should overlook the N255B car scandal because of Oduah's good works in the aviation industry?
Well, how about the hundreds of Nigerian Politicians whose actions spell the same thing without them saying a word? We know they don't care, what have we done about it??

I was truely angry at Oshiomole's statement but in isolation, when you compare it to his performance as the State Governor, i can give him the benefit of a doubt.

Its the same way I'll cut the defenders of Stella Oduah some slack due to the fact that Enugu Airport gained international status under her watch was enough to turn them into her staunch supporters.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by taharqa: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: Well, how about the hundreds of Nigerian Politicians whose actions spell the same thing without them saying a word? We know they don't care, what have we done about it??

I was truely angry at Oshiomole's statement but in isolation, when you compare it to his performance as the State Governor, i can give him the benefit of a doubt.

Its the same way I'll cut the defenders of Stella Oduah some slack due to the fact that Enugu Airport gained international status under her watch was enough to turn them into her staunch supporters.
Which 'Performance' is this one talking about? Apart from sm Roads and the Schools, can you point out which oda area Oshio has 'performed'?? Even most of the Schools reconstruction sef was done by 50% Federal Govt UBEC contribution, 20% LGAs and only about 30% from d State Govt (although unlike d sillly PDP people that was there b4, at least Oshio paid d Counterpart funding and so accessed and used d funds)... Come to Edo State and see Anger building; questions been asked. Even d Civil Servants are getting ready to go on strike next Tuesday cos they said OshioBaba had not promoted Core Servants since he came in, ie in 5 yrs...
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by ba7man(m): 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
taharqa: Which 'Performance' is this one talking about? Apart from sm Roads and the Schools, can you point out which oda area Oshio has 'performed'?? Even most of the Schools reconstruction sef was done by 50% Federal Govt UBEC contribution, 20% LGAs and only about 30% from d State Govt (although unlike d sillly PDP people that was there b4, at least Oshio paid d Counterpart funding and so accessed and used d funds)... Come to Edo State and see Anger building; questions been asked. Even d Civil Servants are getting ready to go on strike next Tuesday cos they said OshioBaba had not promoted Core Servants since he came in, ie in 5 yrs...
I believe there's a thread on Nairaland highlighting Oshiomole's works.

The last time i was in Benin, there were so many on-going projects there, there were major hold-ups everywhere. I can testify to that. I also saw the mass transit buses he introduced.

He can be counted as one of the few Governors who's presence could be felt in his State.

Don't try to downplay his efforts because he belongs to an opposition party.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by taharqa: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: I believe there's a thread on Nairaland highlighting Oshiomole's works.

The last time i was in Benin, there were so many on-going projects there, there were major hold-ups everywhere. I can testify to that. I also saw the mass transit buses he introduced.

He can be counted as one of the few Governors who's presence could be felt in his State.

Don't try to downplay his efforts because he belongs to an opposition party.

This was the SIMPLE question-statement I wrote:

Which 'Performance' is this one talking about? Apart from sm Roads and the Schools, can you point out which oda area Oshio has 'performed'? ie Name them!!!

You visited Benin; Benin My home....
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OmoTier1(m): 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
taharqa: Which 'Performance' is this one talking about? Apart from sm Roads and the Schools, can you point out which oda area Oshio has 'performed'?? Even most of the Schools reconstruction sef was done by 50% Federal Govt UBEC contribution, 20% LGAs and only about 30% from d State Govt (although unlike d sillly PDP people that was there b4, at least Oshio paid d Counterpart funding and so accessed and used d funds)... Come to Edo State and see Anger building; questions been asked. Even d Civil Servants are getting ready to go on strike next Tuesday cos they said OshioBaba had not promoted Core Servants since he came in, ie in 5 yrs...

Seriously, stop your stupid rants on Oshiomhole! Was Edo state not getting the same amount of 50% FG UBEC contribution in the last 8 years? If I may ask, is Edo state not housing several government parastatals and agencies who collect taxes on behalf of the FG in the state? Is Edo state not an oil, gas, and solid minerals producing state, and the revenue gotten from the sales of these natural resources in edo state, are they not paid into the FG coffers?

If only Edo State saw 1/3 of these development in schools, would Oshiomhole not be focusing on industrialization and housing? Every sane Edo born citizen bare witness to Oshiomhole's hard work at reviving Edo state which has started paying off as businesses now come to Edo in droves and our people are seeing their lives change little by little for good.

I know you tenants across the niger always like to criticize what is good in other states and yet pay blind eye to the rot in your village.

Even the blind can attest to Oshiomhole's performance in Edo State
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OmoTier1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
ba7man: Well, how about the hundreds of Nigerian Politicians whose actions spell the same thing without them saying a word? We know they don't care, what have we done about it??

Imagine if those villagers across the niger that have cried more than the bereaved in this matter did the same when Oduah the celebrated criminal stole the money meant for the development of Enugu airstrip then one would understand where they are coming from. But NOPE, they cry over nothingness and glory in stupidity.

Man made a mistake, admitted, and apologized is that not enough? Even when you take into account what led to Him uttering those words, you can come to no other conclusion that the statements were made in the heat of the moment!

But these PDP agents of sorrow, children of despondent, and incarnation of evil will not let the sleeping dog lay in peace.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by tpia5: 12:45am On Dec 01, 2013
just amazing the woman kept on pleading and pleading even when it was clear the people she was pleading with, were not relenting.

i wonder why she did not know they werent going to answer her?

smh, nigeria is in big trouble, lord have mercy o.

little thing called the milk of human kindness, is absolutely lacking in people these days.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OMAJE4: 1:02am On Dec 01, 2013
tpia@:
just amazing the woman kept on pleading and pleading even when it was clear the people she was pleading with, were not relenting.

i wonder why she did not know they werent going to answer her?

smh, nigeria is in big trouble, lord have mercy o.

little thing called the milk of human kindness, is absolutely lacking in people these days.

She kept pleading because She was innocent of what She was accused of but Governor Adolf Oshiomhole refused to even hear her out. She was accused of trading while She was only waiting for a bus/cab to move her goods. Anyone that knows mission road knows its impossible to be selling stuff like that on the road as Mission road is the major markwt provisions are sold wholesale in Benin, theres no way she could have been petty trading same stuff stocked in huge quantities in stores just behind her. She kept trying to explain She wasn't street trading but the more She did, the deafer Governor Adolf got. Thats why the poor innocent widow wept so bitterly.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by tpia5: 1:04am On Dec 01, 2013
seriously, it shows she doesnt know the nature of the people she's dealing with?

thats why she had insults heaped on her and told to go and die.

she should have just packed her stuff quietly and left the matter for God to judge.

just because he's black doesnt mean he's a brother.

i'm 100% sure had she been non-nigerian, she would not have been cursed out like that.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OMAJE4: 1:10am On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Imagine if those villagers across the niger that have cries more than the bereaved in this matter did the same when Oduah the celebrated criminal stole the money meant for the development of Enugu airstrip then one would understand where they are coming from. But NOPE, they cry over nothingness and glory in stupidity.

Man made a mistake, admitted, and apologized is that not enough? Even when you take into account what led to Him uttering those words, you can come to no other conclusion that the statements were made in the heat of the moment!

But these PDP agents of sorrow, children of despondent, and incarnation of evil will not let the sleeping dog lay in peace.

I've read an old post of yours that suggested you're a CE member and I have to ask if you're proud of your utterances and if you think your utterances portray you and what you by default represent in good light? I also I'm a CE member and I must say I'm very much appalled at your abusive and poisonous utterances, you should know better.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OmoTier1(m): 2:27am On Dec 01, 2013
OMAJE4:
I've read an old post of yours that suggested you're a CE member and I have to ask if you're proud of your utterances and if you think your utterances portray you and what you by default represent in good light? I also I'm a CE member and I must say I'm very much appalled at your abusive and poisonous utterances, you should know better.

Is it not strange that you find it difficult that truth is told to your face the way it should be? If been plain and honest is words are what you call abusive, perhaps I can't help you on that. If you think because I am a CE member that should mean I would act emotionally cold towards bias and falsehood, again, I can not help you on that. You know as I do, that as Christians, our honesty and forthrightness should be on equal pedestal at all times and not playing to emotional sentiments.

I am sure at one time you have used foul words at ushers and royal guards in church and you have had to repent of it. However, did any one at anytime desire you to be hanged for not going to pay compensation to those you wronged?

How else can you justify the unjust aspersions being castes against the governor simply because he erred, admitted and apologised? Is it not only children of sorrow, a despondent generation and those of the despicable household that demand of others what they themselves are not prepared to do?
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OmoTier1(m): 2:36am On Dec 01, 2013
tpia@:
seriously, it shows she doesnt know the nature of the people she's dealing with?

thats why she had insults heaped on her and told to go and die.

she should have just packed her stuff quietly and left the matter for God to judge.

just because he's black doesnt mean he's a brother.

i'm 100% sure had she been non-nigerian, she would not have been cursed out like that.
Honestly, why can't we see the words uttered in the context of the events that transpired on that fateful day? Words said in anger are being misconstrued by those of are seeking political advantage and many of us are falling for it.

If there is one governor that is on record to have helped the challenged in Nigeria, Oshiomhole comes to mind. How many remember the flooding in Fuga and environs barely two years ago? Despite that some of His colleagues would have done otherwise, did Oshiomhole not personally go into those villages to ensure the aged, windowed, etc felt the presence of government from both the state and federal level?

It is obvious that the main reason for the uproar is not because of the widow, but that it is Oshiomhole, a governor and the party He belongs to.

If a man err, admit it and apologise, repenting of the wrong caused, is it not enough to forgive and move on? It is this unforgiving attitude that has caused so many to die untimely death.
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by OMAJE4: 2:43am On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Is it not strange that you find it difficult that truth is told to your face the way it should be? If been plain and honest is words are what you call abusive, perhaps I can't help you on that. If you think because I am a CE member that should mean I would act emotionally cold towards bias and falsehood, again, I can not help you on that. You know as I do, that as Christians, our honesty and forthrightness should be on equal pedestal at all times and not playing to emotional sentiments.

I am sure at one time you have used foul words at ushers and royal guards in church and you have had to repent of it. However, did any one at anytime desire you to be hanged for not going to pay compensation to those you wronged?

How else can you justify the unjust aspersions being castes against the governor simply because he erred, admitted and apologised? Is it not only children of sorrow, a despondent generation and those of the despicable household that demand of others what they themselves are not prepared to do?
What truth are you talking about? Do you consider yourself half as wise as millions of Nigerians that have called out the Governor over his callous action? What sort of apology did he give? An innocent woman that committed no offense had her means of livelihood forcefully taken from her while She wailed and begged and you're here spewing rubbish about a half hearted apology issued to a muslim womens group while sitting in the comfy of his office. Before you run that your mouth like a broken faucet, just have it at the back of your mind that I have praised Oshiomhole on this forum more than you think you have but all that was before I moved to Benin for a project I've been on for a couple of months now. Oshiomhole is just an AVERAGE governor being hyped because of the nonsense done by previous administrations. Read my lips, He has done ABSOLUTELY nothing spectacular. NOTHING!
People like you should have your sanity tested for seeing nothing but politics in a most callous act that shames the humanity in every right thinking person. SHAME ON YOU!

1 Like

Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by gbegbs: 4:04am On Dec 01, 2013
looking at this from another point. could the whole thing be a set up that went wrong? could it be that they planned it but "go and die " is not part of the show but a slip of tongue? could it be a away to show that the governor is sending people away that are selling seeee he even send this woman away but it turned around and back fired?
Re: Much Ado Over Oshiomole's "Go And Die Statement". by tpia5: 4:19am On Dec 01, 2013
gbegbs: looking at this from another point. could the whole thing be a set up that went wrong? could it be that they planned it but "go and die " is not part of the show but a slip of tongue? could it be a away to show that the governor is sending people away that are selling seeee he even send this woman away but it turned around and back fired?

i originally said the whole thing seemed very weird and out of place, but folks were catching feelings.

(1) (Reply)

UNIPORT To Resume On Monday 8th. / Nelson Mandela Is Dead!!! Is Apostle Suleiman's Prophesy Being Fulfilled / What The North Is Trying To Do (OBJ V.gej)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.