Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Dec. 1 - World AIDS Day: What Was Your Experience When You Did HIV Test? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dec. 1 - World AIDS Day: What Was Your Experience When You Did HIV Test? (500 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / Where Did Hiv Come From? / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dec. 1 - World AIDS Day: What Was Your Experience When You Did HIV Test? by eksammy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
December 1 is World Aid’s Day. It is an opportunity to disseminate information about the status of the pandemic and to encourage progress in HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care around the world, particularly in high prevalence countries.
Facts about HIV/AIDS

 HIV stands for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus. It is a virus which attacks the body's immune system — the body's defence against diseases.
 HIV can be passed on through infected bodily fluids, most commonly via sex without a condom or by sharing infected needles, syringes or other injecting drug equipment.
 There are about 3.5 million people living with HIV in Nigeria and 40% of those people are unaware they have the virus.
 Globally an estimated 34 million people have HIV.
 More than 25 million people between 1981 and 2007 have died from the virus, making it one of the most destructive pandemics in history.
 2.1 million adolescents were living with HIV in 2012
 Nigeria bears the second largest burden of HIV in the world after South Africa.

Do you know your HIV status

The last time I did the test, i almost died of fear before the result came out. There was nothing i did not think!

But its not as bad as it sounds....How i wish people Living with HIV/AIDs will share positive stories to help others here.
Re: Dec. 1 - World AIDS Day: What Was Your Experience When You Did HIV Test? by obalolaunited(m): 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Lol it was a crazy experience I was praying for forgiveness while i waited for the result when I went for the 1 test but ever since then it's just as normal as going for malaria test.
Re: Dec. 1 - World AIDS Day: What Was Your Experience When You Did HIV Test? by JadeWilliam(f): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2013
The 1st tym I got tested was wen I was wen I was stil in sch.My coursemate was involved in a car accident so I volunteered 2donate blood 4her.Wen u knw u'r HIV negative,u start loving ur life more&u walk around wit ur head high lik I ain't dyin anytym soon.
Re: Dec. 1 - World AIDS Day: What Was Your Experience When You Did HIV Test? by JadeWilliam(f): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2013
I must say dat any form of test can b scary.Whether its HIV;Hepatitis (whch also has no cure) or routine screening 4cancer or checking 4High BP or visitin d dr 4any health related issue can al b scary.
Common sch exam can b scary waitin 4d result 2b released.

(1) (Reply)

A condom as tiny as your hair.. / Doctors suspend nationwide strike / Father Save's 11-yr-old Son With His Bare Hands From The Mouth Of A Crocodile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.