Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities (2517 Views)

Quickbooks SAGE Peachtree And SAP Training For Business Graduates - All In One / Jobs Available,privatehome Lesson & Lists Of Opportunities For You! / New Window Of Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities by arikibe: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2008
fellow nairalander.
i need an urgent reply on this topic.
i want to apply for oracle financails trainings but i am currently working with SAP.
Now i want to know the if oracle financials and HR is better than SAP or vice versa.
kindly advise on the best and the opportunities that are abound on both certifications.
thanks
Re: Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities by ama27(f): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2008
I might be partial as im a SAP consultant but SAP is the way forward. However i think u need to find out which one hold the market in the country you would like to work.
Also theres nothing wrong in doing one then later the other depending on how fast you want to start to gain from it.
But all in all i think SAP is the way forward especially with many multinationals
im sure youvr heard of the advert: Big businesses use SAP
hope this helps
Re: Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities by geebees: 11:41am On Jul 24, 2008
I would also like to know the prosepct on SAP in Nigeria. What oppurtunities are there? Though i hear some 2 banks are going into it. But i also learnt that they are training their staff.

Kindly advise.
Re: Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities by arikibe: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2008
Dear ama27
thanks for ur advise.u said tht u are a sap consultant. pls wht module are u and where are u working.
pls kindly drop me email address to me on: okechukwu.arikibe@oceanicbanknigeria.com or okebrown2000@yahoo.com.
my no 08035433838.
pls i would like to contact u for more information.

as per the person that said about the banks that are using sap, my bank is currently on sap,
i still want to know other multinationals tht are using sap now.
thanks for the reply.
Re: Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities by loluuu(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2008
Basically, Oracle E Business Suite and the SAP family approach Enterprise integration with more or less the same approach but on different platforms. To excel in either, you first have to consider your strenghts or more broadly put, your domain experience because this will definately go a long way to determining which module you are best suited for. eg if you've worked in an HR function progressively for a while, then its natural that you will go into either Oracle HR or SAP HR as the case may be. Also both platforms offer you the choice of operating either on the technical side or on the domain side(functional consultant). i have been priviledged to have worked on both streams as i have a background as a techie first before else. iv worked specifically with Oracle HR (the business side) and im certified as an Oracle Workflow Expert(techie). Oracle E-business suite is good, SAP is likewise but you just have to make up your mind on one(usually) to be the best at it. Meanwhile, do note that customization of certain modules in either platform would usually arise because of legislation, labour laws etc, i.e its not all modules that companie IN nigeria would readily opt for because of the attendant issues so be careful in your choice- and remember the indigeneous enterprise guys! hope ive been a bit helpful, wink
Re: Oracle Financial And Sap, Which Is Better In Terms Of Opportunities by Taiwobayo: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2008
HellO! Am quite a novice in this SAP thing. Could anyone give me useful info on how to go about learning SAP and its certification?

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies At Akintola Williams Deloitte - Audit, Tax And Consulting / First Nation Airways / Make money while in school or anywhere, How.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.