Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Elwood, 'world's Ugliest Dog,' Dies... - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Elwood, 'world's Ugliest Dog,' Dies... (1149 Views)

Check Out Photos From The World’s Ugliest Dog Contest / Man Awarded $10,000 For Making D World's Ugliest Face / Man Wins $10,000 For Making 'Ugliest Face' In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elwood, 'world's Ugliest Dog,' Dies... by BrianJack: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2013
Elwood, a dog so homely and lovable that he was crowned world's ugliest dog and had a book written about him, has died.

Elwood's owner, Karen Quigley of Sewell, N.J., said he died unexpectedly on Thanksgiving morning. The pooch was 8 years old.

The chihuahua and Chinese crested mix initially was deemed by his breeder to be so "ugly" he was nearly put down, according to Quigley's website.

However Elwood's distinctive looks, hairless except for a tuft on his head and a tongue that was permanently out on one side, became an asset when he won his crown at the 2007 ugly dog contest at the Marin-Sonoma County Fair in California a year after he had finished second.

After his win Elwood quickly gained fans, who called him Yoda or E.T., and was even the main character in a children's book called "Everyone Loves Elwood."

In early 2013 Quigely said she would "retire" Elwood from public events.

"When this 'angel' boy came into my life, he has worked tirelessly on behalf of homeless and abused animals everywhere," wrote Quigley. "Elwood has traveled extensively… appearing at over 200 events raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for innumerable rescue groups and non-profit animal organizations.".... grin grin grin

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/elwood-worlds-ugliest-dog-dies-180540730--abc-news-topstories.html

Re: Elwood, 'world's Ugliest Dog,' Dies... by BrianJack: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2013
More pix.. grin grin grin

Re: Elwood, 'world's Ugliest Dog,' Dies... by P3trCruzZ(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
very ugly tin
Re: Elwood, 'world's Ugliest Dog,' Dies... by jeffizy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
R.I.P Elwood.

You were indeed ugly in your lifetime. I hope you didn't leave an offspring.

N.B
May my enemies dream about you all night.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mileycyrus DRASTICAL Hair Change Pink MOHAWK— Hot Or Not? (PHOTO) / Ice Prince Responds After Fans Accuse Him Of Bleaching (see Photo) / Who Are Your Three Favourite Comedians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.