Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award (6382 Views)

Meet David Oyelowo: Nigerian-British Hollywood Actor / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality / Between Ramsey Noah, Van Vicker And Majid Michael Who Is More Handsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
A Nigerian, Adeyemi Michael, has won the prestigious Grierson British Documentary Award in London.

The 28 year-old man, based in London, attracted global attention, this time, not for a crime, but for an outstanding achievement
recorded with a true life story of a
young Nigerian British based boy named Sodiq now in jail for murder. Accepting the award, an excited Adeyemi expressed happiness for the breakthrough that had
brought him into the global news
scene for the right reasons. “I am pleased to be a Nigerian,” he told Channels Television’s
correspondent in London, Doris
Okenwa. He urged young people to pursue
their dreams following the right
path and insisted that “the grass
was not always greener outside
one’s home country.” Adeyemi called on Nigerians in diaspora to do more in
transforming the nation’s
international image. Many Nigerians often see a life abroad as the only idea of a
promising future. They are said to
be present in all nooks and crannies of the world but unfortunately good news of earnest endeavours of thriving Nigerians in diaspora are seldom told.

However, Adeyemi believes success is not restricted to a location and appeals to his peers in Nigeria and abroad to shun
dodgy means of getting to the
top. The latest recipient of the coveted Grierson British Documentary Award for 2013 is walking his way up the ladder of the industry and seeks to pull more Nigerians
along. He called on the Nigerian government to help the nation’s film industry Nollywood get to the top.

Nigeria’s President Goodluck
Jonathan has shown keen interest
in taking Nollywood to a new level with grants worth millions of Naira. But critics have stressed that as much as the government has a role to play, the industry’s players equally have a responsibility to
make this initiative work.

www.www.channelstv.com/home/2013/12/01/nigerian-wins-grierson-british-documentary-award/

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Keep on REPIN' Bro. !

Omo Oodua & Naija @ heart. !!
wink

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by ibnakogun: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
They are on there way to whine that awolowo free education gave yorubas edge over them. Ask their leaders what they were using their own funds for

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
ibn akogun: They are on there way to whine that awolowo free education gave yorubas edge over them. Ask their leaders what they were using their own funds for

Your Signature says so much about you.

...You got so occupied that you had to use a Yoruba language as a sig..... could this be OBSESSION AT ITS PEAK? grin
Lord Have Mercy. !

Anyway, I'v gat no time for bigotry. !... Be him Urhobo o, Itsekiri o, Ikwerre o, Ibibio ..I care less SO FAR HE'S NIGERIAN. !

KUDOS Adeyemi once again jare wink

4 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Sucn: 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
The guy did a documentary on a fellow Yoruba boy who was jailed for murder in Britain. What is the big deal?
On a second thought, when will Yorubas stop killing in Britain and soiling the image of other Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by ibnakogun: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
St_Black:

...You got so occupied that you had to use a Yoruba language as a sig..... could this be OBSESSION AT ITS PEAK? grin
Lord Have Mercy. !

Anyway, I'v gat no time for bigotry. !... Be him Urhobo o, Itsekiri o, Ikwerre o, Ibibio ..I care less SO FAR HE'S NIGERIAN. !

Ogbeni black its certain you didn't understand my post. I meant Igbo will say awo free education gave us edge over them. And that is not an accepted excuse cause funds were accurable to their leaders too during the awolowo free education era.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Sucn: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
ibn akogun:

Ogbeni black is certain you didn't understand my post. I meant Igbo will say awo free education gave us edge over them. And that is not an accepted excuse cause funds were accurable to their leaders too during the awolowo free education era.
Yo don't have any fûcking edge, stop deluding yourself.
Your brother above just proved how unintelligent most of you are, he couldn't decipher a simple post.

3 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by ibnakogun: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sucn: Yo don't have any fûcking edge, stop deluding yourself.
Your brother above just proved how unintelligent most of you are, he couldn't decipher a simple post.

Hey son of a gun. We not talking of spare part selling here, cause that where y'all expertise lies. No one in your clan is half intelligent as that bloke.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by theripper3: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
Where in Nigeria is Sodiq from?

3 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
the natives have arrived.. who cares whether igbo or yoruba.. the world still hates you all the same

3 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by 500GP: 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
GOD BLESS YOU BROS FOR NOT DENTING THE IMAGE OF NIGERIA(YORUBA ) UNLIKE OUR FELLOW MONEY N BUSINESS CONSCIOUS TRIBE.... YORUBA N EDUCATION...
AWOLOWO IS A HERO PERTAINING TO EDUCATION IN NIGERIA

YORUBA THE MOST EDUCATED TRIBE....

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by farellstone: 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sucn: Yo don't have any fûcking edge, stop deluding yourself.
why are u so bitter? Are you so jealous of the yorubas that u have τ̅☺‎​ be spiteful. U senseless e goats are the ones fueling tribalism nd when it comes down 2 seccession u might b on the losing end. Hausa, igbo,yoruba we are all one instead of hauling bitter diatribes at eachother online so the western can see our dirty laundary, let's love eachother and stand for one nation NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by MsNas(f): 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
And if people start bashing Igbos now, you people will call us tribalists? Can't you look beyond your nose for once?
You really sound bitter. You people do not hesitate to turn anything into tribal wars.!! What sef? angry
If your day-job isn't keeping you busy, I suggest your volunteer at the local animal shelter, that can help you relieve stress (you have so much pent up anger in you) and trust me it will do you loads of good.

Awon Omo Iran K'iran ton fowo osi juwe Ile Baba won. Alainitiju, Agbaya, Oponu Afo'fun gbemu!!

4 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by rusher14: 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Aren't you guys tired of flogging this issue?
At the end of the day you are all Nigerians and one brush paints you all.
Till there's change in the entity 'Nigeria' you guys had better work together.
(Have i lost it? Nigerians working together? is it football?) grin

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by CodeHouse: 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Na wa o..naija don already divide for NL..u guys easily tribalize threads, comment and posts una don forget say we all need each other, no mata wot! Well...
Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by ibnakogun: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ms Nas:
And if people start bashing Igbos now, you people will call us tribalists? Can't you look beyond your nose for once?
You really sound bittet

Let them continue with their dance of shame. The sky is pregnant with rain of shame for them. Thank God they have successfully make their hate known to all Yorubas. Next election, when gej campaign train hit the southwest the Arthur eze hate speech will be blaring loud from speakers.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by 500GP: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
the_ripper3: Where in Nigeria is Sodiq from?

ASK YOUR PAPA

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by veraponpo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
St_Black:

Lord Have Mercy. !

Which one is better, Yoruba signature or non-Yoruba signature?

Pls raise your game- proudly African

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by oduaboy1: 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Adeyemi keep flying the nigeria flag high.....DOnt be like some peeps from the other side of the Niger who only tarnish nigeria image worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Sard(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Instead of congratulating the dude, some motherfvckers will turn this thread to tribal war. You all complain about racism, but your tribalism is worse. I wonder how racist you lot would be, if you were to be from a race SUPPOSEDLY better than others *spits* angry

4 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Sucn: 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
the_ripper3: Where in Nigeria is Sodiq from?
same place with Adebolajo

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by basilo101: 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hahaha, sm ppl hv ignored Sodiq who is nw in jail 4 murder.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by striker9(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
God bless you Adeyemi.oke oke le ye nfo.
Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Sucn: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
The guy he did the documentary on is Sodiq Adeojo, another of the long list of murderous descendants of Odua republic in British prisons.
www.nairaland.com/873287/nigerian-youth-sodiq-adeojo-sentenced
[img]http://1.bp..com/-uZ9_5F0fiSY/Tz4YIFB-Z3I/AAAAAAAAH88/5m0dY22baGw/s1600/Sodiq-Adeojo-415.jpg[/img]
He will soon be joined by his brothers Adebolajo and Adebowale.
Na wa for ''Ades'' o.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Good for him! And Congrats
Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by Sucn: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
I take my leave after successfully bursting the smelly ethnic bubble the OP of this thread was trying to generate.
Re: Adeyemi Michael Wins Grierson British Documentary Award by ibnakogun: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sucn: I take my leave after successfully bursting the smelly ethnic bubble the OP of this thread was trying to generate.

Like legendary wrapper tying general, this one is also taking a short cut to Abidjan with Marykay beauty product applied on the face.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things We've Learnt From Nollywood / Win $50,000 Being The “jewel For Jim Iyke”… A Realty Show / Who Else Loves Patience Ozokwor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.