Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? (1245 Views)

1966 Coup: Why Nigerians unjustly resent the Igbos so much / President Buhari Speaks on Biafra: ''What Do Igbos Want?'' / Why Do Yorubas Resent APC = PDP? Why Yoruba prefer NCP/labour party? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ramnon2: 1:40am On Dec 02, 2013
Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC?

This is a cogent question that we need to start addressing if we are ever going to build an all inclusive Nigeria

No APGA candidate has ever won an election in SW despite having contest there many times in the past. It seems the case also for APC in SE at least at the gubernatorial level. Remember Okorocha, but not Ngige, did not win his respective positions via APC; he decamped to it after winning election in APGA.

And Okorocha's position in terms of re-election is now very shaky because he likely will be booted out in 2015. Discussions are already underway to that effect.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 02, 2013
Ramnon.2:
Why Do Yorubas Hate APGA? Why Do Igbos Hate APC?

This is a cogent question that we need to start addressing if we are ever going to build an all inclusive Nigeria

No APGA candidate has ever won an election in SW despite having contest there many times in the past. It seems the case also for APC in SE. Remember both Ngige and Okorocha did not win their respective positions via APC; they decamped to it after winning elections in different parties.

And Okorocha's position in terms of re-election is now very shaky because he likely will be booted out in 2015. Discussions are already underway to that effect.

Wasn't Ngige voted into the senate despite his party platform?

There was more to APC losing those elections than just it being a "Yoruba" or "Hausa" party.

People who have been active on Naija social media in the past year will clue in on the other things that make APC stand out negatively among Easterners.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by ChrisOD: 2:52am On Dec 02, 2013
nnenna.1:

There was more to APC losing those elections than just it being a "Yoruba" or "Hausa" party.

People who have been active on Naija social media in the past year will clue in on the other things that make APC stand out negatively among Easterners.

I think he won under P.D.P and then moved to Apc
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by kenbee(f): 3:10am On Dec 02, 2013
nnenna.1:

Chris-OD:

I think he won under P.D.P and then moved to Apc
nnenna.1:

Wow! I can't believe that some peeps are this ignoRANT* No wonder they normally rant about everything they know less about. Ngige didn't win senatorial seat with APC platform his Acn merged into APC.
Think the hatred is more of Yoruba/Igbo ethnic envy than the Party thing. They always see them selves as rivals.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 02, 2013
kenbee:
Wow! I can't believe that some peeps are this ignoRANT* No wonder they normally rant about everything they know less about. Ngige didn't win senatorial seat with APC platform his Acn merged into APC.
Think the hatred is more of Yoruba/Igbo ethnic envy than the Party thing. They always see them selves as rivals.

Where did I say that his platform was APC during his senatorial bid?

What region did ACN represent at the time?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by nerodenero: 5:53am On Dec 02, 2013
I think Anambra only voted APGA because they want to maintain the legacies of Ojukwu.As it stands now,APGA in Anambra is the only surviving state for them.It has nothing to do with hatred.Our politics over the years are viewed along ethnic lines,a mentality we need to change for the good of the country.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by judyeze1: 6:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by gratieao: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2013
Why Do Yorubas Hate
APGA? Why Do Igbos Hate
APC?
Light and darkness has nothing in common
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2013
kenbee:
Just in the space of 24 hours I now know how illogical your points are. Which party between APC and ACN is more Yoruba. Get your head examined.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ramnon2: 8:10am On Dec 02, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Just in the space of 24 hours I now know how illogical your points are. Which party between APC and ACN is more Yoruba. Get your head examined.

Do you mind answering why you hate APGA instead of this your cheap shot at another poster?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ngwakwe: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2013
How can the Op be brandishing the word "Hate" as if it's what's happening?

Hate this, hate that means what?

If APC decides to sponsor Second Niger Bridge assuming PDP and APGA are backtracking on their promises, you think the South Easterners will avoid using the bridge?

Anyway, the said rejection of APC in the South East may be borne out the past, existing and continued competition between these Ethnic groups which have led to unhealthy rivalry for political survival.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Ramnon.2:

Do you mind answering why you hate APGA instead of this your cheap shot at another poster?
Can you tell me what you noticed that made you say I hate APGA, and want me to answer why? Or are you, in what is now your stock in trade - playing the victim card, seeing me as an enemy?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ramnon2: 8:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Ngwakwe: How can the Op be brandishing the word "Hate" as if it's what's happening?

Hate this, hate that means what?

If APC decides to sponsor Second Niger Bridge assuming PDP and APGA are backtracking on their promises, you think the South Easterners will avoid using the bridge?

Anyway, the said rejection of APC in the South East may be borne out the past, existing and continued competition between the Ethnic groups that have led to unhealthy rivalry for political survival.

If it makes you glad, I have substituted hate with resentment. Sure you get the crux of the thread. There is absolutely no love lost between these people and the representative political parties. We should not pretend otherwise.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ramnon2: 8:31am On Dec 02, 2013
double post
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ramnon2: 8:33am On Dec 02, 2013
nnenna.1:

Indeed he won under ACN (now APC) but a senator is not that important in the scheme of things unless he is the senate president.

Come to think of it, That he won a senate seat under ACN, together with Tony One Week, shows that Igbos are actually more receptive to APC/ACN than Yorubas are receptive to APGA
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by funnyx(m): 8:36am On Dec 02, 2013
How can Yoruba hate APGA? How can a party that has no structure in Yorubaland win an election there? How many election has APGA won even in igboland?
It's not about hatred, it's always difficult to sell a bad product anyday and anywhere.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by russellino: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2013
I don't know about others but I detest APC because too many of their supporters are igbo haters and racists. Even on this site its too clear

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Ramnon2: 8:41am On Dec 02, 2013
funnyx: How can Yoruba hate APGA? How can a party that has no structure in Yorubaland win an election there? How many election has APGA won even in igboland?
It's not about hatred, it's always difficult to sell a bad product anyday and anywhere.

Likewise APC has no structure in Igboland hence Ngige lost in a state-wide election. He may have won the senate because that was narrower contest, just for his zone of the state.

Remember that Okorocha did not win under APC (ACN); he is a decampee.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:46am On Dec 02, 2013
Ramnon.2:
Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC?

No APGA candidate has ever won an election in SW despite having contest there many times in the past. It seems the case also for APC in SE at least at the gubernatorial level. Remember Okorocha, but not Ngige, did not win his respective positions via APC; he decamped to it after winning election in APGA.

This is the result of Anambra governorship election.

(1) Willie Obiano (APGA) = 180, 178 votes
(Declared Governor-elect)
(2) Tony Nwoye (PDP) = 97, 700 votes
(3) Chris Ngige (APC) =95, 963 votes

With all the manipulation of presidency, governor obi and some elements in INEC, APC still got 95, 963votes. So Igbos do not resent APC.

You people should me more worried and ashamed that you have no say in deciding who presides over your affairs. You are internally colonized.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by funnyx(m): 8:50am On Dec 02, 2013
Ramnon.2:

Likewise APC has no structure in Igboland hence Ngige lost in a state-wide election. He may have won the senate because that was narrower contest, just for his zone of the state.

Remember that Okorocha did not win under APC (ACN); he is a decampee.

Charity begins at home so they say, APGA has no structure even in igboland, its just an extension of the PDP. The reason Ngige lost is because many igbos hate anything Yoruba while the reason APGA hasn't won any election in Yorubaland is not because of hatred for igbos but simply due to lack of structure.
I do not represent any party so I care less whether Ngige wins or not I'm just stating by observations as a neutral observer.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 02, 2013
funnyx:

Charity begins at home so they say, APGA has no structure even in igboland, its just an extension of the PDP. The reason Ngige lost is because many igbos hate anything Yoruba while the reason APGA hasn't won any election in Yorubaland is not because of hatred for igbos but simply due to lack of structure.
I do not represent any party so I care less whether Ngige wins or not I'm just stating by observations as a neutral observer.
so u think apc have structure in igboland? neutral indeed
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by 1wolex85: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2013
gratieao: Why Do Yorubas Hate
APGA? Why Do Igbos Hate
APC?
Light and darkness has nothing in common
so who is light and who is darkness? Must you write if you have nothing reasonable to say?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by Slizbeat(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Lemme categorically analyze the question and reply with my own opinion.

Why do yorubas resent APGA?---
Simple Answer- Starting from 1960 till date, The yorubas always had this strong resentment for anything borne outside the yoruba race. Zik formed NCNC and likewise Awo formed SDP or AC(can't really remember). Zik won in the SW under NCNC but Awo denied him the privilege to serve. Awo's SDP/AC protested against NCNC's dominance in the Nigeria politics and tagged themselves the major opposition to bring the party down.

Today, APGA is a party borne out of Ojukwu and remember the controversy between Ojukwu and Awo over the Starvation policy used during the war. Whether through brainwash or mere talks, whatever the grandfather says to the child is what the child grows up to believe cos he wasn't there when it happened.
So in all, Yorubas resent APGA due to its founding father Ojukwu and the Awo controversy.

Why Igbos resent APC??----
Simple answer-- The Party APC is made upof CPC, ACN, and ANPP.
ACN having it's founding father to be a Westerner, CPC&ANPP having theirs to be a Northerner is a major resentment to the people of the SE due to the starvation policy imposed of them during the Civil war and the senseless killing and non-protection of its indigenes up North.
They see APC as a colonial party that will most likely turn them to slaves if they allow them rule over them as they have being doing in the years past.
Again, their own Zik won in the SW and was denied service and he never protested against any form of dominance against other's progress neither did he fuse over his service denial. But the APC always fuse over losing calling it not free and fair and inturn incites violence(check out CPC reaction to losing 2011)

I hope with these few points, some people will be able to see that it is beyond resentment or no structure but something more deeper than what you can't understand.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by bloggernaija: 3:55am On Dec 03, 2013
ACN- MAIN GOAL IS
TO KEEP shitZ out out of the SW.
And a surgical restructuring of the country as demanded by the people .
let everybody keep their resources (resource control).
The lesser the influence from the centre ,
The better.
It doesn't matter whom the president is or where he comes from,
The state and local government are the closest to the people and
We reserve the right to hold them accountable and throw them out if they are found wanting.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Resent APGA? Why Do Igbos Resent APC? by musiwa112: 4:40am On Dec 03, 2013
the reason , Yorubas want to secede out of nigeria. so yoruba are anti tinubu or anti obasanjo

99% yoruba prefer Gani.. less than 1% prefer tinubu.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/177923_gani-fawehinmi-2_jpg666b8ceb553a5048af885cdf2e2bf167[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Describe APC In One Word / President Jonathan’s 11th Private Jet! / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.