Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly (1623 Views)

32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times / PDP Spent 1.5billion Naira On Buhari Defamation Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Ugoandy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
if Ebonyi State can generate N1.5 billion this year, it will be easier for the state to double the figure next year to N3 billion and get 100 per cent effort than for Lagos State to double its N20 billion naira to N40 billion the following year. Perhaps Lagos State might end up getting 20 per cent effort, thereby putting it at a disadvantageous position. At any rate, the law is very clear and the Commission should be seen to be acting in accordance with the law.
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Ugoandy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
na true
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by geeez: 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
If ...

The year is over if you don't know

But if you're telling us that they already generate N1.5bn, you must give us a credible source
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
geeez: If ...

The year is over if you don't know

But if you're telling us that they already generate N1.5bn, you must give us a credible source

Dude u are d person who likes pulling out IGR factoids here. U shouldnt be asking for a credible source if u can look it up urself.
That said, Ebonyi has d highest IGR in d Southeast followed by Enugu with 1 bn naira monthly.
The funny things is that these are the two less vibrant economies in the Southeast.
That shows that the governors of Anambra and Abia are busy sleeping. Either they are under-quoting their IGR or they are not doing the needful in terms of taxation and all. Either way, something isnt right somewhere.
Anambra alone can generate an IGR 10 times that of Ebonyi. Even more so with Abia. Those governors should be investigated

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by danot1030: 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
cant u just do without expressing ur wish of ill luck 4 Lagos State? d pathetic thing is dat d state u came frm has nothing 2 show 4 development, imagine u making a post abt ebonyi and diverting 2 air ur hate 4 Lagos. STOP BEING CHILDISH, GROW UP.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by geeez: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

Dude u are d person who likes pulling out IGR factoids here. U shouldnt be asking for a credible source if u can look it up urself.
That said, Ebonyi has d highest IGR in d Southeast followed by Enugu with 1 bn naira monthly.
The funny things is that these are the two less vibrant economies in the Southeast.
That shows that the governors of Anambra and Abia are busy sleeping. Either they are under-quoting their IGR or they are not doing the needful in terms of taxation and all. Either way, something isnt right somewhere.
Anambra alone can generate an IGR 10 times that of Ebonyi. Even more so with Abia. Those governors should be investigated

I post my facts with credible sources

Digest this first

http://www.journalsbank.com/ejhss_21_1.pdf

Ebonyi's IGR isn't N1.6bn

There's an LGA in Ebonyi that generates 60k annually

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/n60000-annual-igr-is-not-acceptable-for-any-lg-council-chima/

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by oduaboy1: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
geeez:

Lmao, what a backward state.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
geeez:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/n60000-annual-igr-is-not-acceptable-for-any-lg-council-chima/
[/b]
This is pathetically funny. The industrious chest beaters that helped the yorubas 'develop' the south west cannot do anything about ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by oduaboy1: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
KIRIJI: This is pathetically funny. The industrious chest beaters that helped the yorubas 'develop' the south west cannot do anything about ebonyi
Lol enbonyi is a lost cause,,,,there is virtually nothing going on in that shithole....the state is just there!!!
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by plaindealer: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Please move this thread to the joke section abeg...
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
geeez:

I post my facts with credible sources

Digest this first

http://www.journalsbank.com/ejhss_21_1.pdf

Ebonyi's IGR isn't N1.6bn

@geez check this article out.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ebonyi-when-politics-spurns-development/144179/

Ebonyi's IGR for last year was put around 14 billion plus. That is well over 1 billion a month. I never said it is 1.6 billion. But u best believe it is one of the highest IGR in d SE. And we should give them kudos for that if Anambra and Abia are only doing around 500 million a month.
That said, an LG that produces 60k annually is actually not doing its job well or they are embezzling d money. Or it could be that the people, like most people in the SE, are tax averse. Same with Anambra and Abia. Something is just not right there. Those guys should be audited.
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by geeez: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

@geez check this article out.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ebonyi-when-politics-spurns-development/144179/

Ebonyi's IGR for last year was put around 14 billion plus. That is well over 1 billion a month. I never said it is 1.6 billion. But u best believe it is one of the highest IGR in d SE. And we should give them kudos for that if Anambra and Abia are only doing around 500 million a month.
That said, an LG that produces 60k annually is actually not doing its job well or they are embezzling d money. Or it could be that the people, like most people in the SE, are tax averse. Same with Anambra and Abia. Something is just not right there. Those guys should be audited.

Read with understanding or read to the end before commenting

That's the total revenue accruing to the state

In the same article it goes to state that:

The Ebonyi State Government, every month, collects billions of naira from the Federation Account, which Account is supplied by incomes earned from crude oil (not yet produced in Ebonyi State), Value Added Tax (by consumption activities in all states of the Federation), corporate taxes (by companies operating in all states of the Federation), etc.

“Without these monthly receipts from the Federation Account, the Ebonyi State Government will definitely become insolvent. If other states were to erect obstacles to the lawful and orderly operation of industries in their states, the quantum of cash collection from the Federation Account by Ebonyi State Government will certainly reduce drastically.”
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by kel4soft: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
So from that journal, it says that state that enjoys 13% oil derivation tends to have low IGR apart from Rivers and Edo.

This two always against their brothers.
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Come on geeez, now u are just being petty.
The the last sentence in the 2nd paragraph in that article clearly states it is the IGR for 2012. Come on dude. Are u still gonna deny the obvious to satisfy ur agenda? If so let me cease this discussion with u then. I was expecting some open-mindedness from u.
And the whole article was being critical of the Ebonyi administration's policies. If u took ur own advice and read it, u would have realised that. The article claims that Ebonyi has a lot of potential and investor are interested in it but the state government was frustrating their efforts. So the words you highlighted in red above goes to serve the same purpose.
No matter how u spin this, u know deep within u that Ebonyi is trying in d area of IGR especially compared with Anambra and Abia that can surely generate 10 times that.
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by geeez: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: Come on geeez, now u are just being petty.
The the last sentence in the 2nd paragraph in that article clearly states it is the IGR for 2012. Come on dude. Are u still gonna deny the obvious to satisfy ur agenda? If so let me cease this discussion with u then. I was expecting some open-mindedness from u.
And the whole article was being critical of the Ebonyi administration's policies. If u took ur own advice and read it, u would have realised that. The article claims that Ebonyi has a lot of potential and investor are interested in it but the state government was frustrating their efforts. So the words you highlighted in red above goes to serve the same purpose.
No matter how u spin this, u know deep within u that Ebonyi is trying in d area of IGR especially compared with Anambra and Abia that can surely generate 10 times that.

Okay Ebonyi's IGR is N1.5bn monthly *In BRF's voice apologizing for being misunderstood*

Feel better now?

But seriously I have to be sorry for your inability to understand the article

Ndo
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by IGBOSON1: 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
geeez:

Okay Ebonyi's IGR is N1.5bn monthly *In BRF's voice apologizing for being misunderstood*

Feel better now?

But seriously I have to be sorry for your inability to understand the article

Ndo

^^^Feel sorry for yourself first! If i didn't know better i'd say you were losing sleep over this thread!

Yet again we see the usual 'they should not progress under any circumstances' attitude that bad-belle twerps like you have perfected over the years!

9 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by doctokwus: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
Common sense shud evn tell anybody dat Ebonyi state cannot generate up to N100m a mth frm IGR.How can u generate rev where there are no bizs dat u can tax to gv u dat.
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Feel sorry for yourself first! If i didn't know better i'd say you were losing sleep over this thread!

Yet again we see the usual 'they should not progress under any circumstances' attitude that bad-belle twerps like you have perfected over the years!

This thread just made me realise that his ego and self-worth is tied to that IGR he keeps touting on Nairaland.
It would seem that he doesnt want to agree that Ebonyi generated 1 billion per month in 2012 alone because that will disturb his "there is nothing in the Southeast" theory.
He has realised that if Ebonyi can generate that amount then Anambra can generate even far more than that even though they are not doing up to that. Suddenly his "IGR equals development and purchasing power" theory has fallen flat on its face and has become irrelevant. The guy is just fighting to maintain d status quo.
I understand him. I just feel sorry for him. I wonder what he is going to hold on to now.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
doctokwus: Common sense shud evn tell anybody dat Ebonyi state cannot generate up to N100m a mth frm IGR.How can u generate rev where there are no bizs dat u can tax to gv u dat.

So we should deny the facts and records and believe ur "common sense"? Dude stop insulting ur own intelligence. Dont call urself "silly" allow other people to call u that. grin
By the way, Ebonyi is the main food basket of the Southeast if u dont know. There is another thread dealing with that right now. Maybe u should go check it out.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by pazienza(m): 6:07am On Dec 03, 2013
With the current crop of kleptomaniacs in governance in Abia and yes in Anambra too, and infact in all parts of Igboland, No sensible igbo person will want to pay taxes to be squandered, and these kleptomaniacs know that if they push people to pay taxes, people will face and expect them to account for every single dime they have, including their monthly Abuja allocations.

The relative peace the kleptomaniacs have is because they have not put the masses under severe taxation,and so people have learnt to not disturb them, and just face their daily hustles, as the monthly allocations they received from Abuja did not come from the sweat of the masses. The moment these kleptomaniacs decide to reap from people's sweat ie severe taxation, will be the moment they cease to have no peace. Igboland is not Yorubaland, and they know it. Only an accountable leader can afford to tax the Igbo and survive it, and non of these kleptomaniacs we have now are accountable, all of them are thieves.
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2013
^^Point!
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by UCyril: 9:01am On Dec 03, 2013
odua boy: Lol enbonyi is a lost cause,,,,there is virtually nothing going on in that shithole....the state is just there!!!
idiot where re u from.if u don't ve any meaningful thing to say then keep quite. olodo
Re: Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly by achi4u(m): 11:28am On Dec 03, 2013
smh for some comments here.

(1) (Reply)

As PDP Crisis Deepens: Jonathan Begs Govs Aliyu, Lamido / Apc 2015 Presidential Ticket May Go To South East / Is Buhari Educated Or He Rule Us In Hausa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.