Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Why The Mortality Rate In Nigeria Is So High - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why The Mortality Rate In Nigeria Is So High (769 Views)

Health Insurance The Best Tool To Reduce High Mortality Rate In Nigeria / Alimosho LGA Tops Maternal Mortality Rate List In Lagos State / Nigeria Has Second Highest Child And Maternal Mortality Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Mortality Rate In Nigeria Is So High by mrintellectual(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2013

1. SELF MEDICATION:
Nigerians have become doctors of their own.For any sickness,they buy Amoxil,Flagil,etc,or they consult roadside chemists,who also end up agravating their condition.
2. INADEQUATE NUMBER OF STAFF/MEDICAL PERSONNEL
At one of the general hospitals in Ogun state,I witnessed a shocking scenario,I waited for about 6 hours before I was able to see the doctor. What if something else had happened? All because employed doctors were not enough!
After seeing the doctor,on another day,while staying with someone who was admitted in that same hospital,I wanted to help the patient to buy drugs.After assessing the bills for cost,I was stunned by the crowd I met.

Health care in Nigeria, should be improved.

(1) (Reply)

OMG!! Single Girls Now Steal And Freeze Sperm? / Concerned Nigerian Start Online Petition Against NMA / The Likely Cure For Ebola, By Dr. Simbo Davidson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.