Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

AA Rescue Driving School Scam - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / AA Rescue Driving School Scam (9141 Views)

Please Tell Me About Driving School Experience / Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja / I Need A Good Driving School In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AA Rescue Driving School Scam by kingsle66(m): 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
AA rescue driving school are
fraud....they will promise you of a job,
drivers license etc after learning... but
the thing there is your money they
need, I mean immediately you have
pay their wopping 35k or 40k driving
school ...they will then tell you their
are nothing like drivers license in the
agreement, I am speaking from
experience... guys or ladies please
don't fall victims to AA rescue scam...
my hard earn money 35k was taken
from me without value for my money,
I wasn't given a job or drivers license,
too sad ....
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by diehard1: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2013
I don't understand how a driving school will be issuing drivers licence. That is job of road safety and you have to visit their office for capture of finger print, photo and signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by femmy2010(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2013
diehard1: I don't understand how a driving school will be issuing drivers licence. That is job of road safety and you have to visit their office for capture of finger print, photo and signature.

I wonder too.

1 Like

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by leighcon(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2013
@OP,

Why would you think a Driving School should process your Licence for you? Ignorance of the process or just wanting to go for shortcut?

I don't think you should go about speaking ill of an organisation, just because you did not understand the agreement you had with them....

1 Like

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by kingsle66(m): 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
when you call them to make inquiry about how their services work, they will tell you that after learning they will give you a job as a driver in a good company and a drivers license....am just trying to info people what I went through at AA rescue driving school... my hard earn 35k was rubbish by this organization...I am writing from experience... I don't want any Nairalander to experience same....

2 Likes

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by Exponental(m): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2013
@op.
1. DL- u probably thot they would aid in d processing of ur licence (which is posible) but getting one for u is not posible cos u must be present for ur DL, else u get a fake. Ensure u get ur certificate, u will need it for ur DL processing.
2. Job- No organisation will take a driver who just graduated from a driving school for a driving job cos it's a job where driving experiences is very very important.

7 Likes

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by tunlex01(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
kingsle66:
too sad ....
did they teach you d driving class very well?

1 Like

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by idu1(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
tunlex01:

did they teach you d driving class very well?
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by tunlex01(m): 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=idu1 post=29675115][/quote]
Y did u quote me? Have you had driving class with them before? If yes, what was your experience with d class?
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
kingsle66:
too sad ....

i dont know anything about nigerian of aquiring a driving licence

but my rough conclusion is this, because of corruption people are lacking the basic guide on how to get a leaners licence and the full licence
people prefer not even bother to gather what the law requires or process to obtain a leaners and the actual licence, they rush to driving schools that lie in their adverts that they will process everything for you, i think its a general world rule that a driving licence can never be processed on behalf of anyone you do it yourself, the driving school can only teach you and make ready for the final driving test

because of corruption some people thing the driving school will teach you drive etc, get a licence for you and find you a job please wake up a driving school teaches you how to drive and road rules nothing else

always do the basic search what the law requires not what a driving school is advertising

1 Like

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by insightgroup: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
@ Op, sorry to hear this.

Driving School can only help in the processing of drivers license application.

All necessary Examination, testing will be done by the V.I.O

Physical Data Capturing is done by: F.R.S.C

kingsle66:
too sad ....
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by insightgroup: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
Yes, driving school can help with processing of driving license application

All necessary Examination, testing will be done by the V.I.O

Physical Data Capturing is done by: F.R.S.C

Trust Nigeria, visit any of the Road Safety Office requesting for a driving license. The amount you will spend and the stress you will go through will make you regret going there.

leighcon:
@OP,

Why would you think a Driving School should process your Licence for you? Ignorance of the process or just wanting to go for shortcut?

I don't think you should go about speaking ill of an organisation, just because you did not understand the agreement you had with them....
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by alextayo(m): 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
I visited their Dolphin estate office with my 36k on 21st Dec 2014 hoping to start driving classes with them and immediately changed my mind based on the not too convincing atmosphere.
From the time I entered the compound with gate opened till I located my way to the reception, there was no sign of a living object. I stood there for close to 15mins shouting "hello, anybody here?". On my way out of the compound, I met the security guard who apparently abandoned his duty post on my way in and he explained that there is nobody in the office. He then called a man from outside who told me to come back the following week.

A banner was also fixed to the gate where they advertised outsourcing drivers job for their students and it was also stated that they assist in facilitating issuance of driving licence.
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by rully2: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
I don't know if scam or fraud is the word to use but I experienced similar with them.Was supposed to register with AA Rescue for driving sessions only, which I did. We agreed on a weekend session (Saturdays & Sundays). This was all penned down in writing and confirmed, and yes they offered to process my drivers licence for an additional cost.

After making payment of close to 40k, they told me they can only afford to take me classes on Monday mornings only. After agreeing on weekends because I work. I asked them straight up to give me a refund. In fact I was at their office for several hours to make sure I get my refund, even after they tried convincing me of paying back into my account. I ensured I get my refund, and I was well on my rights cos they breached the contract.

Eventually got something better for even a little bit lesser, after which the driving school helped processed my driving licence.
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by cecegorz(m): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2015
I guess this is a question of over promising in a bid to win customers and then under delivering at the end of the day.
I can only vouch for AA's training program as I have referred someone to their Surulere office, and they did excellent job in training her. The only licence I'm sure they can easily get for anybody is the Learners' Permit, If you need Drivers Licence you must go through the long and tedious process.
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by tunlex01(m): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
rully2:

I don't know if scam or fraud is the word to use but I experienced similar with them.Was supposed to register with AA Rescue for driving sessions only, which I did. We agreed on a weekend session (Saturdays & Sundays). This was all penned down in writing and confirmed, and yes they offered to process my drivers licence for an additional cost.

After making payment of close to 40k, they told me they can only afford to take me classes on Monday mornings only. After agreeing on weekends because I work. I asked them straight up to give me a refund. In fact I was at their office for several hours to make sure I get my refund, even after they tried convincing me of paying back into my account. I ensured I get my refund, and I was well on my rights cos they breached the contract.

Eventually got something better for even a little bit lesser, after which the driving school helped processed my driving licence.
with all these reports, i think i will go for another driving school...can i get details of the one you used?
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by rully2: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
tunlex01:

with all these reports, i think i will go for another driving school...can i get details of the one you used?

A1 Driving School
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by tunlex01(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
rully2:

A1 Driving School
thanks.
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by mahobi: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
There's another at Newroad bus stop beside slot, before chevron. They are quite good and very cheap too. My brother learnt from there.
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by richytom: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2016
PLEASE READ!!!

Dearr friends, I was shocked to stumble over this thread which is condeming a reputable driving school like AA Rescue. I learnt driving with AA Rescue, and their standard is second to none as long as professional driving is concerned. AA Rescue does NOT collect money for drivers license from anyone! It is NEVER done and has NEVER Been done. Any staff of AA Rescue who tries such fraudulent scam will be sacked. When I went to learn driving with them, I asked them if they can help me get a driver's license and I was told that they do NOT process driver's license, but they can refer me to someone in the licensing office that can help me with the whole process so it will be easier. And that is exactly what they did. I contacted the officer, he told me the process, I paid, I went for capture and I was sent a message when my license was ready for pickup. AA Rescue Has trained professional drivers for reputable companies and these drivers work for them. go to their websit and see all the reputable companies that outsource drivers from AA Rescue www.aarescuenigeria.com.

NOTE: Before you pay money, GO TO THE AA RESCUE WEBSITE, click on "CONTACT", select your state and you will see the phone number. call the number and you will be directed to an accredited AA RESCUE driving school. They are the best in my opinion. Except you went to a wrong place.

I recommend AA Rescue to anyone who wants to learn driving. They teach you both manual and automatic. they have both theory and practicals. They show you videos on driving lessons and techniques. they teach you basic automobile operation so you can do the regular maintenace on your car without any help and if a problem occurs with the car, you will know where its coming from. They recruit drivers. Yes! they do. They have a pool of drivers on their payroll. Now when companies need drivers, they pick from their pool of drivers and give to theses companies and the companies pay. But you cannot just learn driving today and expect them to just give you a driving job with a reputable company immediately. They will give you a couple of months to strengthen your driving skills first. Then, while you keep in touch, when a driving job comes up, you'll be called and..BOOM!! you have a job. two of my friends curently have been recruited and they have jobs now with a reasonable pay. you can call one of them to confirm...Bob-08034991046. Please dont stigmatize a company when you are just bein misinformed.
My driving skills now are far better than my neighbour who when to learn at one driving school just because it was cheap. He damaged the rear lights of his Toyota camry 2007 model while reversing one morning and I just laughed. he had to ask me to help him repark the car to avoid further possible damages. Now he travelled to lagos, and He sent his wife to learn driving with AA Rescue at their head office in lekki.
Just go to their website and get the contact number of the ompany, call them and they will direct you to a valid branch nearest to you anywhere in Nigeria. - Wishing You Safe Driving.
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by pattybf(f): 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
while learning to drive, u can apply for a driver license thru a reputable/trusted officer who can help u in bypassing d stress!

remember its a process, patience is required!
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by mahobi: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
Someone told me about this website. http://drivingschool.com.ng

You can get more information about driving schools near you, that are cheap.

1 Like

Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by oyonu(m): 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
rully2:

please sir which driving school is this that helped you in processing your licence and at what cost?
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 14, 2018
kingsle66:
too sad ....
What about the training? Was it thorough?
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 14, 2018
rully2:

Which driving school did you later attend?
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by TrainingGuy: 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Which driving school did you later attend?

I know a good driving school at Lekki Phase 1. Its called DriveMe Driving School. If you live on the island, they can come teach you at your location and its pretty affordable too.

You can reach them on 0809 057 1463 or visit their website : www.DriveMe.ng
Re: AA Rescue Driving School Scam by oyin4luv: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hello, I reside around Ajah.Pls which driving school around Ajah/ikota is efficient and affordable .I need a sch I can learn , and be confident on the road while driving

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations / The Top 10 Most Annoying Driving Habits / A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.