Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP (3263 Views)

APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto / APC Sets-Up 21-man Committee To Mobilise Membership In Aba / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Built2last: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2013
Baring any last minutes change of plans, the Speaker, House of
Representatives Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal will contest the 2015
Presidential elections under the banner of the All Progressive Congress,
APC, an informed source told Pointblanknews.com.

Sources told Pointblanknews.com that Tambuwal has been secretly meeting
with top Politicians from the North and has set up the Tambuwal
Presidential Project, TPP.

TPP’s membership is drawn from top Politicians in the North, members of
the National Assembly as well as APC chieftains who are not disposed to
General Mohammadu Buhari’s presidential ambition.

Tambuwal, regarded as the “new face of Northern politics” is seen as the
most acceptable among Northern politicians who desperately yearn for power
to return to the North in 2015.

The Speaker’s Governor, Aliyu Wammako of Sokoto State recently decamped to
the APC. But the Speaker cannot leave the PDP now, as he would forfeit his
seat in the National Assembly under the new electoral law.

Tambuwal’s choice as a presidential material according to inside sources
is to represent the much call for the return of Power to the North in

Sources in the North who are following the emerging politics are of the
opinion that Hon. Tambuwal, coming from Sokoto State; a key north western
state of the country would be in better position to slug it out with
President Goodluck Jonathan in the event that the President emerged the
PDP presidential candidate.

Already top echelons of the APC who are not particularly comfortable with
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari running for the Presidency on the party’s platform
are currently said to be holding clandestine meetings to convince the
Speaker to join the Party and contest the Presidential ticket of the
party.
The Speaker, although has not acceded to the overtures but his close
associates said his body language is encouraging.

“The Speaker is a politician and so he has to calculate well before
deciding. He has not said yes to the request but from his body language,
we know he is not opposed to it,” a source who has been part of the
political calculation told Pointbalnknews.com.

Some APC chieftains are also said to have commence mounting pressure on
Gen. Buhari, urging him to drop any idea of contesting the 2015
Presidential

An APC member of the House of Representatives who pleaded anonymity said
majority of the members of the House are in support of Tambuwal’s
presidential ambition and are already working round the clock to sell the
idea to other Nigerians

“We have gone far with the Tambuwal Presidential Project (TPP) we have
reached virtually all nooks and cranny of this country to seek support of
major stake holders within and outside the APC, we are very comfortable
with the response we have received so far. Nigeria and Nigerians would get
a better deal if and when we translate the TPP into reality In-Sha-Allah

“Nigerians must also recall that that the emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker
of the House of Representatives was not the making of the PDP, rather, we
the now APC made it happen and ever since, the Speaker is carrying
everybody along irrespective of ethnicity, tribe or religion some rare
quality a good leader must possess, the Federal Lawmaker who hails from
the north revealed.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/2015-presidency-tambuwal-to-run-under-apc-sets-up-tpp/
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by sammsimm(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by donphilopus: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Na talks dem dey! If Tambuwal decides to join APC, he's welcomed! But, that presidential stuff of a thing would be very hard! He can take over the mantle of leadership from the governor of his state, Alh. Aliyu Wammako Margartakada! But as for the presidency, it's crystal clear like the mene mene tekhel upharsin!

We're still in negotiation!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2013
Point Blank! mtcheewww.....PDP Megaphone

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by sgsltd(m): 11:06am On Dec 03, 2013
The only 1 person that can take GEJ on seat is Fashola ,any other person is small fish for presido
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by tomakint: 11:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Tambuwal! That name is not tushed enough to be my President, I have a President already who will take me through till 2019! Jonathan till 2019!

9 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by samilo88(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2013
Hahaha. Convince Buhari to forget his presidential ambition. I don't know what those guys in APC are smoking. Buhari must contest it's like a placebo for him, denying him that is like telling a fish not to swim.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Brimmie(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
He needs to change that name first before thinking of being president, who answers a name that sounds like the noise made by a falling metal on a marble floor. <<<Tam - booo - wa-wa-wa-waaaa

10 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Pukkah: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
Billyonaire: He needs to change that name first before thinking of being president, who answers a name that sounds like the noise made by a falling metal on a marble floor. <<<Tam - booo - wa-wa-wa-waaaa

This must be a joke; a colourless one for that matter.

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pukkah:

This must be a joke; a colourless one for that matter.

They are so inferior that any name that is not English-sounding is not normal to them..that is the extent of the brainwash.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Billyonaire: He needs to change that name first before thinking of being president, who answers a name that sounds like the noise made by a falling metal on a marble floor. <<<Tam - booo - wa-wa-wa-waaaa

Can you suggest.....?

Goodluck....fyneface......Harry.....Peter...William.....Rochas ...Sullivan....Willy?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
I'd prefer a Fashola or a Kwankwaso for the APC.

Besides, what exactly would be Tambuwal's selling point? What are his antecedents/achievements? There's been no ground-breaking piece of legislation from the National Assembly, the PIB has not been passed since 2008, budget appropriation bills don't get passed on time, our lawmakers are still the highest paid on the planet... What has he achieved, really? Na "fresh face" we wan chop?

undecided

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by talktimi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
Make una choose one talk na. Have he agree or have he not agree ? Anyways we all know that the APC must borrow a presidential candidate from the PDP sha

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Slizbeat(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
He wouldn't even win. I will prefer a Sambo over a Tambuwal.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by jmaine: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
talktimi: Make una choose one talk na. Have he agree or have he not agree ? Anyway we all know that the APC must borrow a presidential candidate from the PDP sha

Very Correct . . . grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
HNosegbe: I'd prefer a Fashola or a Kwankwaso for the APC.

Besides, what exactly would be Tambuwal's selling point? What are his antecedents/achievements? There's been no ground-breaking piece of legislation from the National Assembly, the PIB has not been passed since 2008, budget appropriation bills don't get passed on time, our lawmakers are still the highest paid on the planet... What has he achieved, really? Na "fresh face" we wan chop?

undecided

His constituency ...the NW brings electoral value of 18M votes....far more than what the SE & SS combined brings to the table.

That is a huge asset to any political party.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by tomakint: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
My thought on the 2015 Presidency:......Jonathan only needs to clinch 35% to 40% of the core North votes and the rest is history........ cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by 1209hsn: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tambuwal is a gentleman judging frm his disposition so far. I think his combination with fashola, oshomole, or rochas either as d aspirant or running mate will make sense. Nigeria needs a radical overturn from d status quo into a nation dat will move fwd. PDP has been d bane of nigeria's probs. Even in advanced democratic nations we see power moving frm one party to another. Variety is d spice of life.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

His constituency ...the NW brings electoral value of 18M votes....far more than what the SE & SS combined brings to the table.

That is a huge asset to any political party.

But the governors I mentioned are the current governors of Nigeria's two most populous states, and BOTH are in their second and FINAL terms in office. Will a legislator command greater numbers than a governor?

Besides Kwankwaso is governor of Kano State, which of course is in the North West.

By the way, it's incorrect to refer to the NORTH WEST as Tambuwal's "constituency". His constituency is ...... (fill in the gap) Federal Constituency of SOKOTO state.

Also, you didn't address my point about Tambuwal's accomplishments/executive experience so far that qualifies him to run for the presidency.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by slimghost(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Tambuwal ko Tambourine ni! Bring the wide eyed clown forth and watch Jonathan humiliate him at the polls.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
HNosegbe:

But the governors I mentioned are the current governors of Nigeria's two most populous states, and BOTH are in their second and FINAL terms in office. Will a legislator command greater numbers than a governor?

Besides Kwankwaso is governor of Kano State, which of course is in the North West.

By the way, it's incorrect to refer to the NORTH WEST as Tambuwal's "constituency". His constituency is ...... (fill in the gap) Federal Constituency of SOKOTO state.

Also, you didn't address my point about Tambuwal's accomplishments/executive experience so far that qualifies him to run for the presidency.

In a meeting now...can't type on my iPad freely now....I will respond to your remarks once am out of the meeting.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by agabaI23(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
Contesting in a presidential election is like a stimulant and probably an aphrodisiac for Buhari.
He is addicted to it.

If APC prefers Tambuwal to Buhari, then CPC will pull out of the merger. grin grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
In my opinion, if APC does not bring out Fashola as Presidential candidate along with a northerner as running mate, Jonathan will win easily in 2015.

Reason I say so: If a core northern muslim is presented under APC, south westerners who are christians may not all vote for him. Religious sentiment will make them vote for Jona. Also, the Christian population in the north (which is a lot) will also vote for Jona. Muslim Northerners who are currently gaining from Jona's administration will rally their supporters for Jona.

So...APC really has to do a very good job in picking a candidate. Else, Jona will win

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by plaindealer: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
I'm OK with Tambuwal and any credible candidate from the SE or SW as VP candidate...

Tambuwal/Fashola Ticket remains the ultimate and potent Ticket...

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by plaindealer: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
nwanna89: In my opinion, if APC does not bring out Fashola as Presidential candidate along with a northerner as running mate, Jonathan will win easily in 2015.

Reason I say so: If a core northern muslim is presented under APC, south westerners who are christians may not all vote for him. Religious sentiment will make them vote for Jona. Also, the Christian population in the north (which is a lot) will also vote for Jona. Muslim Northerners who are currently gaining from Jona's administration will rally their supporters for Jona.

So...APC really has to do a very good job in picking a candidate. Else, Jona will win

Jonathan can not win anything, in fact, he's totally out of the equation because of 2 critical factors.

1. The numbers are not on his side

2. He lost the goodwill Nigerians sent him to Aso Rock with and he's not doing anything to regain that goodwill, he's in fact doing the opposite.

The folks that voted for him based on goodwill and the famous sentiments that they voted for the man and not the party sounds way way more than the folks that voted for him based on his party affiliation.

Today, they are all grossed out and disappointed so apart fro the fact that the numbers are against him, that important block of goodwill voters are not with him today. His core base and solid supporters remains the SE and parts of the SS and both entities are not enough to get him back to Aso Rock.

Note:: He can of course win (Anambra style) since election rigging is still part of our corrupt and crooked daily realities and political landscape, but never in a free and fair election..
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

They are so inferior that any name that is not English-sounding is not normal to them..that is the extent of the brainwash.

It was a joke, some times I think poverty has eroded the part of una brain that processes jokes, life is not about politics alone, you sef never chop naira from politicians yet you are ready to die unhappy becos of a thug in national assembly.

Na joke I dey joke oh.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
plaindealer:

Jonathan can not win anything, in fact, he's totally out of the equation because of 2 critical factors.

1. The numbers are not on his side

2. He lost the goodwill Nigerians sent him to Aso Rock with and he's not doing anything to regain that goodwill, he's in fact doing the opposite.

The folks that voted for him based on goodwill and the famous sentiments that they voted for the man and not the party sounds way way more than the folks that voted for him based on his party affiliation.

Today, they are all grossed out and disappointed so apart fro the fact that the numbers are against him, that important block of goodwill voters are not with him today. His core base and solid supporters remains the SE and parts of the SS and both entities are not enough to get him back to Aso Rock.

Note:: He can of course win (Anambra style) since election rigging is still part of our corrupt and crooked daily realities and political landscape, but never in a free and fair election..

Agree with what you say. But I still think APC must come out with a very very good candidate. People in APC know Fashola will be the best bet, but they will likely present someone else for political reasons. If they dont present a candidate who is "clearly" better than Jonathan and who can get overwhelming support from all around Nigeria, then Jona will win again. If votes are closely or evenly split between Jona and the APC candidate in 2015, you know PDP will simply rig in favor of Jona. Even if the APC candidate wins Jona by 55% to 45%, PDP will rig
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hmmmm...fear of Buhari...it keeps me wondering, why are they soo afraid of Buhari's presidency??
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Pukkah: 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
You wrote this:

Now you've said it's a joke.

Billyonaire:

Na joke I dey joke oh.

Sometime ago, there was a thread that compared the President's name to a children's book character. https://www.nairaland.com/1264617/jonathan-ridiculed-wants-millionaire

See what you wrote on that thread.

Billyonaire: When you keep insulting your mum, will you blame your neighbor for calling her a fool ? Shameful, I must say.

Now, judge this matter yourself.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^^^

grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: Tambuwal To Run Under APC, Sets Up TPP by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

In a meeting now...can't type on my iPad freely now....I will respond to your remarks once am out of the meeting.

Ilugun your meeting neva finish? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? / WATCH: Interview With Hired Protesters Against Buhari / NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.